Gaming Mario Party 3DS

Would you want to see Mario Party on the 3DS?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

..::MaxWell::..

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, I was thinking about this earlier today and wanted to know if others would want to see a 3DS version of Mario Party.
I would like to because I feel it could utlilize the 3D very well and adding new minigames to utilize the accelorometer and gyroscope aswell would be pretty cool, maybe even toss in some Wi-Fi multiplayer?
Now that we know the Mario Party franchise isn't dead after the unveiling of Mario Party 9 for Wii at E3 2011, I'm sure if we all spoke our minds we could make it happen.
Isn't that how Mario Party DS was born?

Here's a list of some of my ideas
- Online Play & Voice Chat
- Use of the gyroscope & accelorometer in mini games
- Single game cartridge DS Download Play (like Mario Party DS)
- Bigger, Better, more creative board designs
- Spaces on the board change everytime you play?
- Unique Mini Games that aren't as similar as some we've seen on previous games in the series
- Better graphics, with the capabilities of the 3DS were looking around the NGC graphic capabilities or so
- Solo Mode (as seen in previous Mario Party games)
- Support for Miis!
- Camera mode where you can take pictures with Mario Party Characters?

So those are just some of the ideas I thought of, feel free to discuss yours and maybe we can add it to the list!

I've included a poll above, please vote.
smile.gif

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love Mario Party - I think the only one I don't have is the one for the GBA. I'd LOVE to see a Mario Party on the 3DS. If it had online play (drop in drop out with friends, random region/random world wide and bot replacement) I'd buy it on day one.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I agree, except I really liked 6.
But who knows, maybe 9th or 10th times the charm?
I still have a nostalgic love for the series regardless if some were crap, and I'd still like to see it happen.

Windaga said:
I love Mario Party - I think the only one I don't have is the one for the GBA. I'd LOVE to see a Mario Party on the 3DS. If it had online play (drop in drop out with friends, random region/random world wide and bot replacement) I'd buy it on day one.

Same!
I used to own MPA but I lost it somewhere, and yes online play would be a selling point for me.
I would pre-order if it were available.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
machomuu said:
No way. Mario Party turned to crap after 3.

I agree somewhat BUT iv still enjoyed playing any mario party game with others and if it had online multiplayer then id gladly buy it.

(Plus the DS one has some pretty good minigames imo it just lacked the creativity in board designs)

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Terenigma said:
machomuu said:
No way. Mario Party turned to crap after 3.

I agree somewhat BUT iv still enjoyed playing any mario party game with others and if it had online multiplayer then id gladly buy it.

(Plus the DS one has some pretty good minigames imo it just lacked the creativity in board designs)

Yea the DS version of the game got pretty much everything right besides the boards.
The multiplayer functionality with just one DS Game card was very well done, and the minigames were pretty good aswell.
If they just add that same multiplayer but over Wi-Fi it'd make the replay value much stronger aswell.

ALSO, could you imagine the graphic capabilities the 3DS version could have compared to the DS version?
It would be like one of the NGC versions in your pocket!
(Or somewhere around there
tongue.gif
)

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't say I hate the franchise though. While they only get worse, I've owned every one, barring 6, it's overmilked, but I can't say I didn't enjoy them at all.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They're really only meant to play with people, and I feel the people playing with you also has an effect on the amount of fun you have.. Or atleast in my case.. Really all of them are fun when you have people to play it with, but since none of them have online play (which I can understand, other than the DS and Wii version which would be a possibility) it only leaves it for those few times you have people around who are interested to play it.
If they added online play, it could really boost the amount the average player would play because it's not relying on other people locally. With online play (and even maybe a voice chat feature would be cool) it would be a major selling point and it would sell better than it's previous games, and that goes for Mario Party 9 too.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've made a list of all of my Mario Party 3DS ideas, I'll be adding more as I think of them.
Feel free to share your ideas, and we'll make a big list of ideas and who knows, maybe Nintendo will listen!
tongue.gif

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I don't really care.
I guess I liked the ones I played, but if you're not with friends you're pretty much doomed to get bored halfway through the board.

It's been in every Nintendo System but the Game Boy Color since it was first released, I'm sure it's coming eventually.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ikki said:
I don't really care.
I guess I liked the ones I played, but if you're not with friends you're pretty much doomed to get bored halfway through the board.

It's been in every Nintendo System but the Game Boy Color since it was first released, I'm sure it's coming eventually.

That's why they need online play and voice chat option,
also I had not noticed that. Maybe they will eventually bring it to the 3DS in time.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
8BitWalugi said:
It'd be awesome on the 3DS, but it needs to be released when the system kicks off.

Yea, I hope it's announced sometime in 2012, and I also hope the production doesn't get rushed aswell.

QUOTE(1234turtles @ Jul 30 2011, 12:51 AM) I hate mario party actually I just hate mini-games in general.

To each their own.
tongue.gif

L_o_N_e_R

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
this will be great

the people im rooming with next year in college have a 3DS each so if this happens it will make things fun

it'll be great if it has online play, i mean playing MP with people you know is fun, but it gets really old

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
L_o_N_e_R said:
this will be great

the people im rooming with next year in college have a 3DS each so if this happens it will make things fun

it'll be great if it has online play, i mean playing MP with people you know is fun, but it gets really old

Ya I agree,
and if they were to add voice chat support, it'd be even better!
I read somewhere they're making an official Nintendo 3DS headset so it could very well be possible!

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After their amazing download play in MP:DS with just one game cartridge, I'm sure they can do something similar with MP:3DS too.. Maybe it may require more than one game cartridge due to the fact it'd be a more complex game considering it's a 3DS game.

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
as a huge mario fan i should love to see a mario party game on the 3ds. but i don't. the mario party series has run it's course. it's just that they never introduce anything new, or if they do, its a crappy gimmick. (wii motion controls, gamecube mic, that car thing seen in the trailer for 9)
i'm just saying the series has lost it's way. if you've played any of the mario parties from 4 onwards, you'll know that it's always the same. it never changes. in my honest opinion nintendo made a mistake unveiling mario party 9 at e3.

please nintendo, take it from a rabbid mario fan. let mp die.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But it's a dead end
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, people who cant download it can still play the game
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If your internet speeds are fast enough. Streaming 4k takes alot. I used to only have 20mb sec, and 4k struggled. Now I have 300mb sec and 4k plays fine.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i only have like 1 or 2 mb sec
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you feed the hamster in your internet router? It prob died and is running slow now.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why did you start saying my pc has a hamster in the first place?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its actua!ly just a old joke, meaning its slow. Was just kidding around with you.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I bet @AncientBoi has some hamsters hidden somewhere tho....
    +2
    I think Game streaming should work like this.... Local Hardware able the run the game fine, game engine and common assets stored locally, all FMV and music and textures could be streaming
    +1
    Some temporary storage
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also @BigOnYa im making some progress on my gdevelop project, implemented various mechanics
    They went all in on streaming, should have been more of a hybrid approach
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or free government supplied high speed internet be nice also. Like Obama care. Xdqwerty that's cool, its time consuming but rewarding once done or playable, to see what you've made from scratch. Animations take forever, but worth it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, although the bullets are a bit buggy
    +1
    Not to mention this would be a massive pain to pirate
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    and the visual aspect of the game is quite crude (the sprite that looks best is that of the protagonist just because he is a stickman with sunglasses)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There is a bullets behaviour you assign to your character, that makes the code easier, under "behaviours"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant that when the character is pointing to the right, the bullets spawn where they should, but when he is on the right, they move to the right but the spawn point is incorrect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Itch.io has lots of free assets also. Under the bullets behavior tab, there is a "rotate bullets" option, can try that. Or in the code can try
    - fire bullet Player.X(PlayerDirection)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im taking a break for today anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    YEa gotta after a while, looking at code for long periods will bug your eyes.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to learn, but fun once you get the hang of it. I think I've watched every tutorial video there is, but I still struggle sometimes to get stuff to work right. But gotta keep trying dif things, and eventually you will get it right.
    +1
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zT-Cy-hap_Q