Hacking Mathew_Wi said: Update to 5.5.1 while you can

Status
Not open for further replies.

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ISOUHAX to me is like Naruto Shippuden. I know the anime is coming to a close however I am continuously teased with filler episodes causing my hype train to derail weekly. I will be extremely happy once that last episode airs and I have the same feeling concerning ISOUHAX. Once it finally releases (assuming it will) it will be a big relief from all the agony and hype it has caused. Cheering on the devs to finish strong and turn my frown upside down.

ils

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I don't have access to my WiiU right now :(
hopefully they didn't release any new FW until next week

Goloki

Proud TX Suporter... LOL!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have access to my WiiU right now :(
hopefully they didn't release any new FW until next week

This current firmware has been out since January. I don't think Nintendo is pressed to release anything any time soon. At least, not until IOSU is released. I think you'll be fine.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Advice in the past has been to stay on the lowest firmware as possible. Should I go ahead and update from 5.5.0->5.5.1? Any advice is appreciated. :)

I've never really agreed with this. It's not without logic - it's based on the assumption that older firmwares contain more exploits, but this isn't necessarily the case, Plus, you don't actually need to be able to use every single entrypoint, just one of each. Just update. You should actually be on the highest firmware version that still grants you the exploits without hinderences.

People can sit here debating the merits of updating or not updating forever, but the team actually working on the IOSU exploit is telling people to update. It couldn't be simpler.

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a question with IOSU we don't need to format Hard Disk Drive or USB Drive to make it working right? And all USB Drive and HDD is compatible with IOSU like IOS on Wii

KungFuzion

Trophies
XP
Country
i updated from 5.3.2 to 5.5.1 a couple days back. Kernel exploit is fine. No loss here, bring on the IOSU release lol.

Reactions: memomo

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I guess there are different nusgrabber version and I used the wrong one. it just does nothing.

It has the list of changed or added titles since the previous update version.
(don't look at the bottom where you have the URL of the updated files only because wiimpersonator is keeping cache of old downloaded files and skip them)

3DNUS can get all of the updated files at once when providing a version number, but NUSgrabber or Jnustool doesn't have that option and you can only grab files one at a time.
You already have the previous files (firmware 1.0 to 5.3.2) so you don't need to download them. The wii and WiiU don't download them again either, it only get the latest version for each updated titles.
You can achieve the same by grabbing the files in reverse release date order up to your current console version.

a WiiU version to automate system file download could be created. using the 3DS tools as base shouldn't be difficult.

edit:
this is the one I couldn't get from JNUStool : 0005001b-10059200
it says UTF8 error. I'll check if I have the latest version and report the error in the official thread.
edit2: I reported it to maschell.
Apparently you cant update with NUS Installer to a full 551, it wont read to the nand properly so you need to update now, it will just error out with wup. Do it cyan if you have not m8, I have if that makes you feel any better! :)

Edit: forgot to mention as well to you, its good 551 you know, the self host www folder was all setup for 550 anyway so it was just a matter of the update for me, if your the same which I don't doubt you are already, just a quick reset of the cookies on the wiiu browser and all ran fine!

Double Edit: Arghh man, I have just thought I should of tried myself to see if it worked via nus installer and I was the one commenting on it to get someone to test it to see, I just didn't think at the time
sm7_facepalm.gif

Last edited by Reecey,

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't simply update with nus grabber. You will be patching them in the nand. Your soon to be "iosu" exploit will have nand access. Which means someone will have to write and nand patcher and someone will have to play with the update files to force the update. This meaning nand writing. Which is why it will have big risks of brick.
If you haven't updated your console then you really should before they release. As the official update will move to 6.?.? and when you update even from 5.3.2 it will force the latest. Which I am sure will patch an "IOSU" exploit and probably the webkit exploit. And if done properly further firmware hacks will be shut down for more years. So, with complete access you will be able to patch IOS with fake update and remain online, but that will be released on 5.5.1.
Just update and be glad you did.
I would hate to read later that users didn't update and ruined their console attempting nand patching for update purposes.

IOSU exploits details are on wiiubrew, Nintendo can patch 5.5.x whenever it is needed but no updates until now... this is at least "curious"... I am also not sure that you will absolutely need to be on 5.5.1 to exploit; also the emunand seems to need a run at every boot (rumors) except an unreleased boot0-1 exploit... let's see what will happen...

Reactions: Subtle Demise

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
IOSU exploits details are on wiiubrew, Nintendo can patch 5.5.x whenever it is needed but no updates until now... this is at least "curious"... I am also not sure that you will absolutely need to be on 5.5.1 to exploit; also the emunand seems to need a run at every boot (rumors) except an unreleased boot0-1 exploit... let's see what will happen...
Both WiiUBrew and @WulfyStylez say 5.5.1 is needed.

As far as I know, there're no unreleased boot0/1 exploits yet, but there's some one who has the key. (I forgot his name)

asper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by asper,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    nah the Wii U wasn't bad
    +1
    the hardware is good
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    The controller sucked
    it has good games, just not enough of them
    +2
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    the indie games on wii u were amazing though
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    and also some of nintendo's first party games
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    some of the best selling games on the switch are wii u ports (that are priced way too high
    like come on 60 for a game thats a decade old??)
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @ColdBlitz, i forgot breath of the wild released for the Wii u
    $60 for a game that's a decade old might be unheard of on PC but actually is not uncommon on consoles
    +1
    especially Nintendo because they only ever lower the price of games when they do a greatest hits/platinum hits/players choice re-release
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, and the HD collections released for 7th gen consoles too
    but they don't seem to have done any of those for the switch yet and maybe never will
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    I think we all forgot breath of the wild released for the wii u tbh
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, tbh the HD collections are more justified since they include more than just 1 game per copy
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ I read that non-binary people identify as a blend of male and female. The point is i think i'm a blend of those and thus non binary
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Non-binary people are those who don't identify themselves exclusively as male or female.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I don't identify as anything, unless I need to get on a plane then I show ID
    +3
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    👈 [homo, queer, fag, coksuqr, etc......]
    +3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I meant that I read that they can also identify as what i mentioned
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I identify as Long Rod Johnson, cause a cat called me that once.
    +2
    [takes a 👀 in your pants] Liar :angry:
    +3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, and thus that would make me non binary since i feel like a blend of both male and female
    +1
    @Xdqwerty only time will tell, what/whom you are. At 14, its a bit early to "Define" yourself. :)
    +3
    I only recently have learned who I am and how much I am capable of and I'm 50 lol
    +3
    A thousand epiphanies and unbelievable pain and growth.
    +2
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: A thousand epiphanies and unbelievable pain and growth. +2