Deleted member 94204

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know of one that works good with the psp? I've heard of photofast but then I've heard that it corrupts if you use the micro sd cards for other things. Basically I want an adapter that has good read speeds, is sdhc compatible, and will let me use the cards for other things. I want to be able to use it in my DSi with it's built in slot and with a DSi flashcard also I want to use it with my Wii for homebrew and my Cybershot camera.
Hopefully someone here would know of one?
I saw this guy using one in an instructable but I couldn't find the brand of it.
Here (step 1)

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
the reason the photofast corrupts is because it's made to use 2 microSD's as 1 MS.
so it treats 2 memory cards as 1, in a way similar to RAID with hard disks.
if you take away 1 memory card, you'd only have half the data and a corrupt filesystem.
though it might work if you only use it with 1 microSD

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
the reason the photofast corrupts is because it's made to use 2 microSD's as 1 MS.
so it treats 2 memory cards as 1, in a way similar to RAID with hard disks.
if you take away 1 memory card, you'd only have half the data and a corrupt filesystem.
though it might work if you only use it with 1 microSD

DrkXShadowZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, using one microSD is perfectly fine. You'll be able to format it just fine as long as you place it in slot 1. Note: Just don't expect to be able to take out the microSD by itself, put it in another adapter, and try to read it from your computer. That won't work. (At least, from what I've heard.)

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you get the Photofast CR-5400, be VERY careful on how much stuff you put on it at once.

The day I got it, all worked well up until I tried to convert some .cso's, to .iso's.

I used that PSP ISO COMPRESSOR program that's out that converts cso's to iso's, or vice versa, and I had my PSP connected via USB Mode. And with the program I selected my .cso from the My Computer->MemoryStick->N+.cso, and it worked well after taking about 10-15 minutes to convert. So i tried another .cso, and I thought, what the hell? Let's convert so many at one time so I can finally start playing these games. Well, I tried converting Manhunt, GTA:VCS/LCS, Medal of Honor, and Medal Of Honor Heroes 2, ALL together, and I guess it fried my adapter. I checked both MicroSD's that I put in a different adapter, and I can still put things on them, so it has to be the CR-5400. But the weird thing is...when I put both Micros in the CR-5400, and put the CR-5400 into my computer, it can read it just fine and I can still put files on it. But when I put it i my PSP, it asks to format, so I say Yes, and it says format failed. So I looked up that error and it meant something like it's either a fake Memory Stick, or it's corrupted. And I thought, it can't be corrupted if the MicroSD's work fine in other adapters. I ended up just ordering a new one like 2 days ago.
sleep.gif

So yeah, if you're ever going to convert like me, do it one-by-one, or hell, don't even try to convert the files straight from the Memory Stick, put your cso's in a folder on your desktop and make sure to put the output iso in the same folder. I was so mad...Thank God I backed up my files though.

themuddaload

Creepin' hardcore.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
^^^ um, yeah, i dont know what you were thinking trying to convert iso>cso on your memory stick. but from prior experience, flash drives and such dont like it when you tell it to do more than one copying task at once, or when you tell it to copy something to your desktop to the device at the same time as copying something in the opposite direction.

you would probably be able to copy your files from the memory stick to your HD, convert them, and put them back on in less time than it would take to convert them on the stick anyway.

did you try the micro sd cards in your DS to see if they are still fine? (i assume you have a DS since you are on gbatemp =P )

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
themuddaload said:
^^^ um, yeah, i dont know what you were thinking trying to convert iso>cso on your memory stick. but from prior experience, flash drives and such dont like it when you tell it to do more than one copying task at once, or when you tell it to copy something to your desktop to the device at the same time as copying something in the opposite direction.

you would probably be able to copy your files from the memory stick to your HD, convert them, and put them back on in less time than it would take to convert them on the stick anyway.

did you try the micro sd cards in your DS to see if they are still fine? (i assume you have a DS since you are on gbatemp =P )

Yes I have a DS ^^.

Okay, I just put all the necessary flashcart/firmware files onto each of the 8GB's I was using in the CR-5400, and put the MicroSD's into my EDGE, and it boots up each time perfectly. So I'd say they are still working fine. It's confirmed it's the adapter right?
wacko.gif

themuddaload

Creepin' hardcore.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Brian117 said:
themuddaload said:

Yes I have a DS ^^.

Okay, I just put all the necessary flashcart/firmware files onto each of the 8GB's I was using in the CR-5400, and put the MicroSD's into my EDGE, and it boots up each time perfectly. So I'd say they are still working fine. It's confirmed it's the adapter right?
wacko.gif
looks like it
yay.gif
at least you know that its the cheap part that broke. =P you just have to wait a long time for DX to ship you a new one though =(

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good to hear.
happy.gif
, thanks much.

And it usually only takes up to 8 days after they shipped it to arrive to me. And I've ordered about 5+ items from there each time, and still only 8 days. It's really nice. ^^.

D

Deleted User

Personally I would not use a microSD to Memory Stick adapter. They are never very fast and end up being slower than a regular Memory stick from the store. Just buy a dedicated one for the PSP. You'll be happier that way.

themuddaload

Creepin' hardcore.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Brian117 said:
Good to hear.
happy.gif
, thanks much.

And it usually only takes up to 8 days after they shipped it to arrive to me. And I've ordered about 5+ items from there each time, and still only 8 days. It's really nice. ^^.
yeah, its not the actual shipping time that has killed me the few times ive ordered from DX, but the time before they ship it, it was like 2 weeks before they even shipped my stuff last time =/

QUOTE(Cavedude @ Jun 7 2009, 10:16 PM) Just buy an 8gb, there selling for 40$ around now adays : )
yeah, but you can have a 16gb for about the same price using an adapter, the loss in speed wont affect much other than the writing/copying of files.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
themuddaload said:
Brian117 said:
Good to hear.
happy.gif
, thanks much.

yeah, its not the actual shipping time that has killed me the few times ive ordered from DX, but the time before they ship it, it was like 2 weeks before they even shipped my stuff last time =/

Ouch. It had to of been on backorder or something right? That's the only possible cause for a 2 week delay shipping. If it wasn't, then that's really messed up.
blink.gif

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to hear.

If an item was out of stock for me on DX, I would find a new source to order from, because I've heard of how long it takes for something if it's on backorder/out of stock.
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol +1