Missed a dkp-pacman update that didn't break things until now

urherenow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was stuck on a deployment with zero port calls (because COVID), and had no clue dkp-pacman was updated. In fact, I've run "sudo dkp-pacman -Syuu" without error several times in the last few months. But today, I see the new Atmosphere release notes "Atmosphere-libs was updated to use GCC 11 (latest devkitA64/devkitARM releases)." and fired up my ubuntu vm. Can't update because I kept running into a 404 error on dkp-linux.

Frantically Googled the problem. Finally saw mention of urls changing, and having to edit /etc/pacman.conf for adding /$arch to the dkp-linux url... but I'm on Ubuntu, and I don't have a pacman.conf! No mention can be found of where the file is, in this case. Can't figure out why I was recently able to update, but apparently, not only was dkp-pacman not part of updating, but I noticed no warning or mention of an outdated dkp-pacman while updating.

Manually downloaded the deb from https://github.com/devkitPro/pacman/releases and installed it. When prompted, I chose Y to use the included configurations (instead of keeping what I had). All is well now. Hope this rant helps someone.

EDIT: Just found it in Ubuntu: /opt/devkitpro/pacman/etc/pacman.conf

Last edited by urherenow,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    mthrnite @ mthrnite: and old ass prog like atomic rooster and gentle giant