Hacking Modified Backup Launcher! - Gamma

Outsider506

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Something odd. I can't get any of the Channels to work. It just brings me back to the Wii Menu Screen. Gamma works from the Homebrew Channel however. Anyone have any ideas what I might be missing?

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
schwarzyz Thanks and awesome banner (looks just like my burned maxell dvd-r in thAt picture! LOL)

Best Banner Art So Far IMO
smile.gif
very slick indeed!

I had a prob loading actual channels before but that was my IOS messed up...I used anytitle deleter to erase ios249 and reinstalled the newest CIOS then all worked fine...Not saying this is your case..But its worth thinking about it...maybe if you know how to use Anytitle deleter at least check to see if you have a wad installed that should not be...or maybe are missing a IOS install ect...Just some food for thought...

Prince Valmont

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pebls123 said:

Hmm, it could just be an error in my codes, but I installed this channel, which does force NTSC, but when I go into the configuration and turn Ocarina on, the codes no longer work. I'm going to try and reconfigure the code lists and edit this post with my results, but I found that rather odd.

EDIT: Yes, the ocarina function no longer works in this autoboot/force NTSC channel wad.
I have no idea why.

Are there any other Backup Launcher Gamma Channels to feature "force NTSC" floating about?

2nd EDIT:
Upon further testing, I've come to realize that NONE of the ocarina cheats will work unless you use the Gamma's Reboot function. You can't just launch into a game with the Ocarina cheats on.

Is there a way to fix this??

Prince Valmont

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please, I would like to know if anyone has had the same/similar problems such as the one I'm having:

Upon launching the Backup Launcher Gamma channel, holding 1, setting the Ocarina cheats to "on", and finally launching the game,
the cheats -do not- work. They only work if you set Ocarina to "on", then use the "reboot", then play the game via the disc channel.

Any reason for this? Backup Launcher Beta allowed you to switch Ocarina on, launch the game with cheats active.

Matt93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love these gamma channels! Do you think you could make an autoboot force NTSC version of the original blue, Forsaekn?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
rldowling03 said:
You think it would be possible to get one of these channels to show up like the Disc Channel does and show to Game name and movies and stuff?? Would make a great Disc Channel Replacement

I think someone spoke about this before and they said there was too much involved to try to get it to do that , so the rebooter option was developed where you press B from the loader channel and it shows the game on the normal channel.
Forsaekn is working on a CSM and it may happen if he releases that - until then i dont think its going to happen , but there are so many great coders on here that impossible only takes a few more days usually

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Morganna @ Morganna:
    By the way, is there any website you recommend to search for some roms?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No you are not allowed to discuss them here, against the rules of the site. Sorry. But you can Google Nintendo NSP and there will be a few listed.
  • Morganna @ Morganna:
    @BigOnYa that was actually very helpful, thank you very much
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Game on!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Actually looking forward to that new m&ms song Friday
  • DTApple @ DTApple:
    Water is the Wii Startup Disc of the soul.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I won't listen till they bring back the purple ones
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    For every Nintendo question that gets asked I'll post a Taylor swift song in return
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Whatever happened to D12?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Split after their friends death but still friends
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    still waiting on my salsa lmao
    em you lied to us
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remb that song, i just never knew that was what he was talking bout.
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    the backwards d looks so weird
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    like :D or D: is nowhere near as odd as ꓷ:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (: is just the text version of 🙃 no matter how much they want me to think it's 🙂
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    emo
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    tional
    What is a Nintendo 3DS?

Like 3 Nintendo DS taped into one?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey @HiradeGirl , how you been. Hope all is well.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    DDDS
    +1
    @BigOnYa Everything's going great. It's just that real life happens.
    +1
    DSDSDS?
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    ohio is round on both sides and hi in the middle
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And real f ing high! But not the height. We got legal recreation now, so yea...
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: And real f ing high! But not the height. We got legal recreation now, so yea...