Hacking Modified Backup Launcher!

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
Seriously nice work. I did a rough auto-booter for myself on 0.1 and I was happy with it until I saw yours
wink2.gif

chrisino

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I have tried Force NTSC and Force NTSC VI with Wii Music. The game boots fine but the picture is messed up. The display is blurred but playable.

I don't know if this is fixable or not. I posted my comments in the Wii Music game thread but I think I am the only person experiencing this problem.

Any help would with a resolution would be appreciated.

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Question pertaining to the channel itself:

Did you use HowardC's tools when packing everything or did you use different tools?

Because when I make custom channels, it comes out all blurry whenever I attempt to edit the brlyt file with a hex editor.

kanoeyes

Trophies
XP
Country
i have some news from the users the only diference of the two loaders is just one thing,you just need to install dvdx ios 249 of the new cios to the 0.1 and the new 0.3 you don't need to do it , i have tested zack e wiki pal iso (1:1) and the loaders work in the same way(loaders used : waninkoko loader 0.1 lancher and wiigator loader 0.3 channel)

Cooler89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forsaekn said:
I decided to modify WiiGator's Backup Launcher 0.3 source to make an "autoboot" variation, because I want to go through as few menus as possible when booting my backups. I guess you could say I wanted a more streamlined process.

This modified build will now automatically boot directly into the game, unless you are holding 'B' down on either the wiimote or a GC controller during launch. This will enter the configuration menu where you can change Language, Force TV Signal type, change Hooktype, enable Ocarina, etc.
Usage: Hold 'B' during launch to enter boot configuration menu.

download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/jzgimmixmmk/...auncher_0.3.rar
mirror: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XRCGQZXI

The archive includes the dol, modified sourcecode, and a Channel WAD created by me. (Banner image was created by shadowmoses, Icon images and sound by myself)
NOTE: make sure you still install the CIOS before using the backup launcher, or it will not work regardless of where you run it from.

Enjoy!

Banner:
bannerlogosr9.jpg

Icons:
iconimage3rm4.jpg
logochanir1.jpg

Excellent work Forsaekn

Forsaekn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tichinde925 said:

Did you use HowardC's tools when packing everything or did you use different tools?

Because when I make custom channels, it comes out all blurry whenever I attempt to edit the brlyt file with a hex editor.

I can't remember who's tools im using but I uploaded them here for you: http://www.mediafire.com/file/jjzlhoyjmmw/channeltools.rar
Goodluck!

@Armthehomeless, You could use autoinjectuwad to inject the DOL's I made for Bantheradio, but since it seems like Force NTSC by default is a popular request I'll add channel versions of them to my original post. Gimme like 15 mins

Fors

Thanks all for the comments!

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Forsaekn said:
Tichinde925 said:

I can't remember who's tools im using but I uploaded them here for you: http://www.mediafire.com/file/jjzlhoyjmmw/channeltools.rar
Goodluck!

@Armthehomeless, You could use autoinjectuwad to inject the DOL's I made for Bantheradio, but since it seems like Force NTSC by default is a popular request I'll add channel versions of them to my original post. Gimme like 15 mins

Fors

Thanks all for the comments!
AutoInjectuWad is a Windows app. My signature says I'm a Linux user. And that app always fails for me in Wine.

Forsaekn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arm the Homeless said:
AutoInjectuWad is a Windows app. My signature says I'm a Linux user. And that app always fails for me in Wine.
Looks like somebody could use some good ole' virtualization. Or dual boot. None-the-less Ive uploaded a version for you. Enjoy.

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Forsaekn said:
Arm the Homeless said:
Looks like somebody could use some good ole' virtualization. Or dual boot. None-the-less Ive uploaded a version for you. Enjoy.
Virtualization - Why not? I have VirtualBox.
Dual Boot - With Windows? You poor, sad person.
tongue.gif
xD

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Great work, autoboot really needed to be done.

I'm also excited if you can work with the Disc Channel loader stub
smile.gif

El-Grosso

Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone make a quick guide of exactly what to do? I've only just started getting into this, and I don't want to get anything wrong. I already have the homebrew channel installed with backuplauncher 0.3.
tongue.gif
Thanks a lot.
biggrin.gif

oligore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I'm not sure if this is viable but it would be really cool if you make it display the disk graphics (eg how when Zelda is inserted the disk channel has Zelda animations) that the real disc channel has.

gumbyscout

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oligore said:
I'm not sure if this is viable but it would be really cool if you make it display the disk graphics (eg how when Zelda is inserted the disk channel has Zelda animations) that the real disc channel has.
That would be awesome if done, then I could move the actual disk channel to the page of shame (where my shop and my nintendo channel are located) and just put this channel it it's place to launch both normal and backups.

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Thanks man , it's a great work , My Q is can install all three channels without over riding any of the others ? or they all install in the same channel ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I tried to get a slim on a black friday once, but they ran out of stock for the $100 one
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    many ages ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can find them $50-75 nowdays if catch a deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: JOE! :P