• Total voters

themini278

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Good guide, but I'm stuck at the part where I copy the contents of the 000000010000003Cv6174 folder to the 00000001>0000003c>v6174 folder. Where is the 00000001>0000003c>v6174 folder? Do I have to create it on my SD card?

DvDrmann

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
themini278 said:
Good guide, but I'm stuck at the part where I copy the contents of the 000000010000003Cv6174 folder to the 00000001>0000003c>v6174 folder. Where is the 00000001>0000003c>v6174 folder? Do I have to create it on my SD card?
check your SD card that you extracted the contents of the zip to.
The 00000001 folder is there. Copy the contents you receive using the NUS unwadded to there

themini278

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok thank you. One more thing: I downloaded the cIOS38_rev14-Installer, but the file inside it is a .dol
Also the preloader is a .dol
How do I install them?

DvDrmann

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
themini278 said:
Ok thank you. One more thing: I downloaded the cIOS38_rev14-Installer, but the file inside it is a .dol
Also the preloader is a .dol
How do I install them?
on your SD card, there should already be a folder that was extracted called: apps.
put the individual installers in the apps folder (within their own individual folders).
should be /apps/preloader etc...
the .dol should be renamed "boot.dol" if they aren't already.
run HBC to install them.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
xzxero, please remove the illegal link(s) in you signature
you should know which one(s) I mean
wink2.gif
you caught me.
i just hate how people ask how to update their IOS's and uninstall CIOScorp.
anyways, they're gone now.

thanks for helping the noobs out while im gone.

appreciate it.

and im also looking forward to your detailed guide.

Negative9

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't get into the shopping channel after following this guide, it just bounces me back to preloader. I notice that one of the other guides suggests using the 4.0 updater before 4.1, would that have anything to do with it? (I was originally at 3.4)

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes, most likely you dont have the latest wii shop channel.

using waninkoko's 4.0 updater then 4.1 should solve the problem.

tommitek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
can somebody please help me. i have been trying to get information on how to get past this problem for the last couple of weeks, and still nothing, either my posts get ignored, or i get answers that are not very clear, or suggest to do things that i have already done. i must have run searches in this forum and google a thousand times, and i am still getting nothing at all. please help, i am at my wits end...

i have a japanese wii (i live in japan)and recently used xzxero`s guide to update to 4.1J, i followeed it to the letter, all the way to installing preloader. only to find out that pre-loader doesnt have any hacks for a japanese console (correct me if i am wrong). So reading the forums, it seemed like my next best option was startpatch 4.1 as it has hacks for a japanese wii. the problem is i keep getting the same error when i try and install it (loading through hbc) "getting file size.... error: -4" and thats where it stops and goes back to hbc. any idea how I can get startpatch installed on my machine. ive posted a few times on the forum, and left comments/questions in threads, but im not getting anything. i dont like posting the same message all over the forums mulitple times and creating more in the way info others have to read through to get the info they want, but seriously, i cant figure this out and im hoping someone can help me get past this problem

DbGt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
I followed this guide from step 1 (online mode) and now i have 2 problems...

The sd card menu freezes up the wii every time i open it.

I installed FFIV After the years, but when i launch it, i just get a black screen....

Do i have to see the preloader screen every time i boot my wii??

any ideas?

Edit: sd card menu freezing solved , i erased everything from sd card (boot.elf, hacks. ini, etc)

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DbGt said:

I installed FFIV After the years, but when i launch it, i just get a black screen....

any ideas?

Edit: sd card menu freezing solved , i erased everything from sd card (boot.elf, hacks. ini, etc)
set preloader to boot to: system menu in its settings.

the bannerbomb was causing the sd card menu to freeze.
if the game doesnt work you might need to update IOS 53 and/or 55 via dop-iosv7

DbGt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
xzxero said:
DbGt said:

any ideas?

set preloader to boot to: system menu in its settings.

the bannerbomb was causing the sd card menu to freeze.
if the game doesnt work you might need to update IOS 53 and/or 55 via dop-iosv7

Thanks a lot for your guide and help xzxero, i installed both IOS 53 and 55, it works now, everythings working fine except for one thing: the wii ship channel, just like FFIV, black screen... do u know which IOS i need to install to make it work??

D

Deleted User

Wii shop channel not Wii Ship Channel. Anyway, for Wii Shop, you've to install IOS61. For FFIV, make sure you have IOS38 installed....

rodreyes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi. Super newbie here. Im in the stage where im installing bootmii. However, it seems that installing it is taking forever in the line that says "Testing usable NAND blocks...."

Is it normal to wait 10 minutes for this? What should i do?

kindaichi_7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've been trying to download the files from the link but it always says download exceeded.. is there another link that I can try? It should work on a korean wii flashed to 4.1U, right? Thanks!

rodreyes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hurray! Thanks for the great guide. I just followed your offline method and i successfully did it! Yes, a noob did it! I also installed coverflow and neogamma as additional channels. Lastly, i configured bootmii to boot directly to system menu instead of the bootmii menu.
smile.gif

Thanks again.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    To sleep perchance to dream!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My state has put a heavy tax on vape juice, taxing any juice with nicotine by the weight/oz. So to get around the bs, my local vape store only sells 0 nicotine vape juices, then they also sell straight nicotine in tiny bottles, and you mix it yourself to your 0% juice, lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, is that Wing from South Park?
    BigOnYa hmmm I wonder how long until someone just vapes the straight nicotine lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was gonna say people are not that dumb, but yea you right, some are.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People have put 50mg salt nic in straight subohm coils which is like more powerful hits
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey psi, do they have dress codes down there in FLa, here there are signs on stores that say "No shirt, no service" but curious bout down yonder
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I tried the salts and too strong for me, I prefer the norm juice
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In Florida they don't serve you if you have clothes on
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking raining again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    How can you tell, do you see rain drops on top of other rain drops?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can tell by whenever your wife done letting out loud ass moans then I get her a ticket back home
    +1
    @BigOnYa, yeah most places demand clothes and shoes, unless it's some really back water place that I am unaware of lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Cool, I got lunch money for tomorrow then.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @K3Nv2 call uremum Sloppenheimer the way she givin me this bomb head
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I call uremum alzheimer she forgets to leave
    +1
    Time to start a vape straight nicotine challenge, Darwin be praised!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Imagine if Hitler had vapes, we promise it's not cyanide it'll help you quit nicotine
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please, walk into my patented vape chamber, aka the non smoking area
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I do wonder how dominate Germany would've been if they just enlisted Jewish people
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They actually enlisted Muslims, seriously, because the Muslims hates Jews, even tho it was not the supreme race. He claimed common hate, is friendship.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He could've just made them walking shields kind of a dumb ass move
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/3km8bqC lol cd level quality I fucking hope so
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So a man, wifey laying in bed, and man wants sum and rubs on her a little, she turns and says "Not tonight, I have a gyno apt in the morning." So man rolls over, but after few minutes starts rubbing her again. She says didn't you here me, no messing around, I have a gyno apt tomorrow. " Man says, "Well you don't have a dentist apt tomorrow also do you?"
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: So a man, wifey laying in bed, and man wants sum and rubs on her a little, she turns and says...