Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
burritoboy9984 said:
bevardimus said:
When using wad manager, when I attempt to install the wad included in the package i get an error (ret = -1035). I'm pretty sure this is because my homebrew channel and bootmii USED to be installed on IOS61 before I used this guide for 4.3. Perhaps the error is because something is already installed on IOS61? Someone please help.

EDIT: OK, actually, let me just ask you this: is there a way to completely wipe out any previous hacks and just start from scratch? I'm assuming there's got to be something for this purpose...

Installing which wad?

-Erik

IOS41-64-v2835.wad --> as per the instructions

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you try another guide before? What region is your wii?

-Erik

Posts merged

Yuan said:
Another quick question:

Is it okay to update Priiloader to v0.5 in a wii modded via this topic since it doesn't support cIOS anymore?

Yes.

-Erik

Gangboy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just a quick question, if I used this guide for 4.3E with the yu-gi-oh 5d's exploit to install hackmii and follow the rest of the guide, is this possible or not?
smile.gif

Gangboy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
burritoboy9984 said:
Yes, I have just been stupid busy with work and haven't had time to add the files to it
smile.gif
I will be updating priiloader and that soon.

-Erik
That would be very nice, I'll just go on ahead and softmod a 4.3E Wii tonight with yugi exploit
wink.gif

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mark.m.moran said:
Getting error saying IOS222 v65280 and IOS223, IOS248, IOS250 cannot be removed\error removing? I was on part 3 of the 4.3 guide here - http://gbatemp.net/t171901-modify-any-wii-4-3-below

Any ideas guys?? I followed the guide to the letter guys?? Using version 13.2 of Multi Mod Manager.....

I am getting a Ticket (-2011) and Title (-1035) error??

Something didn't go correct in the trucha bug steps. What error message did you get?

-Erik

Gangboy said:
QUOTE(burritoboy9984 @ Sep 2 2010, 07:43 PM) Yes, I have just been stupid busy with work and haven't had time to add the files to it
smile.gif
I will be updating priiloader and that soon.

-Erik
That would be very nice, I'll just go on ahead and softmod a 4.3E Wii tonight with yugi exploit
wink.gif

k, if you have any issues, let us know.

-Erik

Vaneyen Slipshod

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First off, thanks for a great modding walk through. So far, the process is working sweet and flawless.
yaywii.gif

I have one question, though. I'm working on a 4.2U, and I've installed the Homebrew channel, and Bootmii, and I've made a NAND backup, and I've safely moved the Bootmii folder, NAND.bin, & keys.bin to my PC, but when I go back to the Homebrew channel, I don't have the MultiModManager or the PriiLoader, so I am unsure how to proceed. Have I missed a step?
blink.gif

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
smashdude said:
Is it recommended that I update to 0.5 priiloader on my wii? I have beta installed atm and don't know if its gone obsolete or does not work anymore.

I modded my wii using this guide and updated priiloader without problems. Just run the installer via HBC 1.0.8.

QUOTE(Vaneyen Slipshod @ Sep 3 2010, 07:10 PM) First off, thanks for a great modding walk through. So far, the process is working sweet and flawless.
yaywii.gif

I have one question, though. I'm working on a 4.2U, and I've installed the Homebrew channel, and Bootmii, and I've made a NAND backup, and I've safely moved the Bootmii folder, NAND.bin, & keys.bin to my PC, but when I go back to the Homebrew channel, I don't have the MultiModManager or the PriiLoader, so I am unsure how to proceed. Have I missed a step?
blink.gif

I think you moved the entire apps folder to your PC.

Check your SD cards, it should have these folders:

\apps\MMM
\apps\Priiloader

Vaneyen Slipshod

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yuan,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, my SD card did not have any Apps folder, and most of the Private folder was missing as well. I had a look at the contents of the downloaded 42mod, and the correct folders are there, so I copied them over to my SD card again, and now I have access to the Multi-mod Manager and PriiLoader. Thank you.

I've managed to install the WAD files from the 42mod.zip, and I tried to install the PriiLoader (anything that can help from bricking the Wii is a good thing in my books), but after I load the PriiLoader, I get the following message:

IOS 249 rev 20

ES_Identify failed, error 4294966267. ios249 not patched with ES_DIVerify?
using cios ( holding b then pressing + or - ) will probably solve this.
NOTE: you need CIOS for this.
Do you wish to continue?
A = Yes B = No Home/Start = Exit

I chose B, then tried again, this time I followed the start-screen instructions, and held the B down while pressing the + to install, and I got the same message.

Do I need to download a different package (the CIOS) onto the SD card before proceeding?

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vaneyen Slipshod said:
Yuan,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, my SD card did not have any Apps folder, and most of the Private folder was missing as well. I had a look at the contents of the downloaded 42mod, and the correct folders are there, so I copied them over to my SD card again, and now I have access to the Multi-mod Manager and PriiLoader. Thank you.

I've managed to install the WAD files from the 42mod.zip, and I tried to install the PriiLoader (anything that can help from bricking the Wii is a good thing in my books), but after I load the PriiLoader, I get the following message:

IOS 249 rev 20

Do you wish to continue?

I chose B, then tried again, this time I followed the start-screen instructions, and held the B down while pressing the + to install, and I got the same message.

Do I need to download a different package (the CIOS) onto the SD card before proceeding?

Re-read the guide, particularly the part on how you launch priiloader.

-Erik

wiienthusisant74

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, I managed to get the whole installing process done without a hitch.

Now, when I try to load a backed-up game in NeoGamma I get a message stating:

DVD Err(1208), Disc ID

---------

I tried in Gecko OS as well and I get the message:

Error: No DVD Found

---------

Have tried several discs, all with the same messages! The original games work fine.

Please help! I've been trying to get this to work four about 15 hours now.

Vaneyen Slipshod

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
burritoboy9984 said:
Vaneyen Slipshod said:
Yuan,

IOS 249 rev 20

Do you wish to continue?

-Erik

Thanks, Erik. I was following the steps in the tutorial video, not the text steps below it, and that made all the difference. Some days I feel like the brick, but at least I haven't bricked my wii
yaywii.gif

- Daniel

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiienthusisant747 said:
Ok, I managed to get the whole installing process done without a hitch.

Now, when I try to load a backed-up game in NeoGamma I get a message stating:

DVD Err(1208), Disc ID

---------

I tried in Gecko OS as well and I get the message:

Error: No DVD Found

---------

Have tried several discs, all with the same messages! The original games work fine.

Please help! I've been trying to get this to work four about 15 hours now.

You have a new wii? If so, you could have a d3-2 drive which won't play disc backups.

-Erik

Vaneyen Slipshod said:
burritoboy9984 said:
QUOTE(Vaneyen Slipshod @ Sep 4 2010, 02:04 AM) Yuan,

IOS 249 rev 20

Do you wish to continue?

-Erik

Thanks, Erik. I was following the steps in the tutorial video, not the text steps below it, and that made all the difference. Some days I feel like the brick, but at least I haven't bricked my wii
yaywii.gif

- Daniel

Ahh, I swore that video had been removed, oops
smile.gif
It will be working again as soon as I update priiloader
smile.gif

-Erik

jason43

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey can someone help me when I get to multi-mod manager It doesn't let me remove stubbed ios. So I can't proceed to the next step any suggestions?

Gangboy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
burritoboy9984 said:
k, if you have any issues, let us know.

-Erik

Used the Yugi Exploit on a 4.3E (Homebrew App Launcher or something to load Hackmii), installed HBC and followed the rest of the guide as usual. It worked great!
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Teeth
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's second cousin obsessed with teeth
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you wake up with your belt un-buckled?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Let me lift you up in my chair
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Down there, teeth removal is putting you behind an angry donkey.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Teeth removal is tying the donkeys hair to the tooth and slapping it's ass
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The cleaning stuff they used was actually nice tasted like frosting
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That'd be 2million pesos, drink this tequila for your pain.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Also buy my art senior don't forget what happened with Germany
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For reference, so everyone knows we are not racist, just like to pick on Juan, and he gives it back to us 'murdicans in return. I love me some latinos.
    +1
  • Morganna @ Morganna:
    hello? anyone alive here?
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm dead inside
  • Morganna @ Morganna:
    at least you can chat :)
  • Morganna @ Morganna:
    i dont want to sound silly, but im kind of lost, im new to this community and i have a lot of question and idk where to start
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I watched baby yoda eat frog eggs on mandalorian last night
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Morganna Welcome to the temp! what are your questions?
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    It is nice and loud and thunder and lightning stormy outside, love it
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Can't wait for the inevitable power outage where it's initially funny because I have half of my apartment on UPSes, then I realize I have literal minutes to start shutting down all of my servers.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You must be north of me, Im in Ohio.. It been storming on off all day here, coming from the north
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    just barely maybe, more so just dead east.
    I'm in NJ
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is weird looking at the radar, it is making a circle
  • Morganna @ Morganna:
    @BigOnYa well, starting with, idk which emulator should i use for switch, i got a gtx 1650, do you know which one would it better for my pc?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The switch emulators on pc rely on your CPU mostly, and they only use a single core, so GPU not as important as a good CPU. I don't use switch emulator, but many here do, and willing to help.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 do you want to chime in, don't you use yuzu or ryujinx? Which do you prefer?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Morganna I'd say try them both, and see which work better for your setup, good luck, and have fun!
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @Morganna I'd say try them both, and see which work better for your setup, good luck, and have fun!