Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
zizer said:
cIOS rev 17 is good for triiforce
For some reason 222,223, and 249 were updated recently though. I can see 249 (although I still use rev17 for older apps that won't use new ones), but it is widely known that hermes v4 has better compatibility than v5/5.1. That's why 222 and 223 are usually kept at v4 as a fallback from 224.

It's not my guide, so I understand none of this is my decision, but I don't get why the author would tell people to use System Menu 4.2 and hermes v5.1. Newer does not always mean better.

Genyus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm sorry guys but I'm a little confused. I'm running my Wii on 4.1E right now and supposedly if I want to mod it I should update it to 4.3E first and then use one of the game exploits? That's the only way to softmod if you are in version 4.1E?

Thanks in advance!
smile.gif

robjanssen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Genyus said:
I'm sorry guys but I'm a little confused. I'm running my Wii on 4.1E right now and supposedly if I want to mod it I should update it to 4.3E first and then use one of the game exploits? That's the only way to softmod if you are in version 4.1E?

Thanks in advance!
smile.gif

DON'T UPDATE TO 4.3E!
When you have 4.3E you HAVE to use a game exploit.
With 4.1E you can softmod without a game exploit.
In this tutorial you are advised to update to 4.2E first. BUT NOT WITH THE Wii update function! Use this guide to update to 4.2E!
And then softmod your Wii

Genyus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I see, thanks. I also found out after a bit of research myself now.
tongue.gif

Sadly, I was wrong about 4.1E, I'm actually on 4.3E. Now I have to buy myself SSBB again, ah well.

edit: Does anyone know if there's a softmod in the make for 4.3E that doesn't require a game exploit?

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Genyus said:
I see, thanks. I also found out after a bit of research myself now.
tongue.gif

Sadly, I was wrong about 4.1E, I'm actually on 4.3E. Now I have to buy myself SSBB again, ah well.

edit: Does anyone know if there's a softmod in the make for 4.3E that doesn't require a game exploit?

No, there isn't.

Also, I apologize the guide hasn't been touched in a while. I've been working crazy hours lately...

-Erik

batrachian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am able to get the link and files by sending email to the address below. However, I cannot find the up42x.zip file described in the tutorial to upgrade my current 3.3U. I do see up42e up42j up42u & up42u42already.zip. Which file should I use for my upgrade? Thanks.

Update to 4.2
Follow this if you're on a firmware

luminalace

Trophies
XP
Country
OK today I used Modmii to update my neighbours Wii from 3.4E to 4.2E. Everything worked well. Installed IOS 58 and latest HBC.

I was about to hand it back but I noticed that I get a Black Screen when I access his Wii Shop Channel or Opera browser.

Any ideas guys what I have missed?

zizer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
luminalace said:
OK today I used Modmii to update my neighbours Wii from 3.4E to 4.2E. Everything worked well. Installed IOS 58 and latest HBC.

I was about to hand it back but I noticed that I get a Black Screen when I access his Wii Shop Channel or Opera browser.

Any ideas guys what I have missed?

update wii shop channel and internet channel (use again modmii)

luminalace

Trophies
XP
Country
@JoostinOnline - My own Wii is on 4.2 ...so better the devil you know IMO! Also my post was meant to be posted in the Modmii thread but I made a mistake.

Anyway back to my problem. I tried Dop Mii & reinstalling the shopping channel wad but both failed! The internet browser is working, so is the News and Weather Channels. All is fine except the shop channel! I even tried Wiiscu but don't work.

UPDATE: It's Fixed... I needed IOS 56 for some reason!

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
batrachian said:
I am able to get the link and files by sending email to the address below. However, I cannot find the up42x.zip file described in the tutorial to upgrade my current 3.3U. I do see up42e up42j up42u & up42u42already.zip. Which file should I use for my upgrade? Thanks.
...that's cuz there is no up42x.zip... the 'x' in this case is a placeholder for whatever region your wii is. if your NTSC (North America), then use up42u....if you're PAL (European), use up42e....use up42j for Japanese console....

fattest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am preparing an sd card to mod someone's wii, and noticed that the up42u.zip contains ios58v6176 but 42mod.zip (which is installed after up42u) contains ios58v6175. i downloaded these files a few months ago and try to update them myself when necessary, but i don't think i ever touched ios58 in either of the archives so this may be an oversight.

I also want to prepare a folder for wads related to channel forwarders that is installed after the softmod. I wanted to put the just dance 2 store hack as well but the wad installation is designed to be unsuccessful, so should i make sure it's named something like zzzz.wad so that it's installed last and doesn't prevent other wads from being installed?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
fattest said:
I am preparing an sd card to mod someone's wii, and noticed that the up42u.zip contains ios58v6176 but 42mod.zip (which is installed after up42u) contains ios58v6175. i downloaded these files a few months ago and try to update them myself when necessary, but i don't think i ever touched ios58 in either of the archives so this may be an oversight.

I also want to prepare a folder for wads related to channel forwarders that is installed after the softmod. I wanted to put the just dance 2 store hack as well but the wad installation is designed to be unsuccessful, so should i make sure it's named something like zzzz.wad so that it's installed last and doesn't prevent other wads from being installed?
some people don't have to use up42u.zip so they could possibly miss the installation of IOS58.
so we put it in the 42mod.zip to make sure no one misses IOS58.
it doesn't matter if it gets installed twice.

as for the channel forwarders, you can just throw them in the WAD folder with the cIOS in the 42mod.zip and they'll all get installed at the same time.

im pretty sure that hacked store WAD's for music games use a special WAD manager, so i would stick with that program to avoid any issues.

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fattest said:

I actually put a slightly older version in the mod42, good catch. I doubt N really made any changes, so it shouldn't really matter. But I will be updating the packs soon, and will fix it then
smile.gif

I'm not that familiar with the hack for just dance 2, but if it fails to install, the batch wad installer should continue on to the next wad.

-Erik

Edit: I forgot to hit reply earlier (I typed this about 3 hours ago), I see xz already replied...

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
burritoboy9984 said:
I actually put a slightly older version in the mod42, good catch. I doubt N really made any changes, so it shouldn't really matter. But I will be updating the packs soon, and will fix it then
smile.gif
You're right, it doesn't really matter which version you have installed. All the IOSs from the June 2010 4.3 update (ie. IOS58v6175) are the exact same as the IOSs from the September 2010 4.3B update (ie. IOS58v6176) except for one change; and that change was to disable the old method of restoring the trucha bug (ie. trucha bug restorer method, or any method without requiring ahbprot). In fact, it was one of these updates (4.3B I think) that began installing IOS4X IOSs onto all region Wii's (prior they were only installed to Korean Wii's), and this prevented users from installing an older version of IOS4X on non-Korean Wii's which could then be used to run the trucha bug restorer. But now that we have apps like IOS236 Installer, who cares if trucha bug restorer doesn't work anymore
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example