Homebrew Mplayer-CE

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
djdynamite.freeforums.org
XP
Country
iv'e compiled a build now, iv'e removed the start-up initializing network+SMB, so it
wont bug you.....iv'e also removed SMB Share and Browse SMB & Radio from menu.conf
try the build and reply back, thankyou
NOTE=this is only for non Network users, or those who WANT TO SKIP INITIALISING
NETWORK!
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?wkkitymze1v

D-Jay

High rulez
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Don Killah said:
UranusKiller = DJDynamite123?

wink2.gif

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has anyone used this thing long enough to know how crappy it is with data disc... It will barely play anything past 30 minutes...you're even lucky if you get to 45 minutes. Ive reverted back to the agent orange version of mplayer
frown.gif

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
LightyKD said:
has anyone used this thing long enough to know how crappy it is with data disc... It will barely play anything past 30 minutes...you're even lucky if you get to 45 minutes. Ive reverted back to the agent orange version of mplayer
frown.gif
There still room for improvement in frame buffer deparment.
To be honest I don't see major improvements compared to native MPlayer when I test DVD video, but the incorporation of other functions in one app is awesome!

MillionsKnives

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Don Killah said:
Might give it a shot with .flv and .mkv too.
.mkv files are a no go for me over SMB, at least if those .mkv files are storing HD video files. Somehow I don't expect them to ever work properly, and that is what a HTPC is for I guess.

Untouchable757

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i just streamed a couple videos. And one worked extremyl well. it was small and short. but then i tried something biger and it lag alot. theres a reason thought because my wii is in a crappy place in terms of my router. Also they .avi format

Don Killah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
@AgentX:

Are you the same AgentX that modified the MPlayerWii?
If ever, i'm only using your version, it's awesome mate.

May i ask a favor: can you strip down mplayerwii in order to make the lightest version possible that only loads avi files. Crazy is working on a movieplayer for his CrazyIntro hombrew and didn't managed to get a light version working (under 5.5M).
So maybe if you can use your knowledge to remove all unecessary code like
- usb/smb/sd gecko routines.
- any other unwanted format like flv and such that would be awesome.

Thanks mate.

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Well i just streamed a couple videos. And one worked extremyl well. it was small and short. but then i tried something biger and it lag alot. theres a reason thought because my wii is in a crappy place in terms of my router. Also they .avi format
your signal strength has everything to do with SMB, if it loses packets during transfer, it will lag, and "could" end up burning out to a crash, usually it just lags, but i know dynamite uses SMB constantly, and he plays 700mb-1.4gb divx's (.avi) are the best easiest format to send over SMB
and his are superb, he doesn't get no lags, it's the signal that causes problems....iv'e tested and mine works superb myself,
one HINT don't go mad and try sending HD videos over SMB, it can't handle HD over SMB as I'd expect.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
First: Thanks for the Offline-Version, exactly what I needed. It boots so fast now...great
biggrin.gif

Now, for shure I've done some tests, only new thing: The adding of "aspect=1.7778" worked this time!!! Like you maybe know from yesterday, it wouldn't worked for me, I tried everything...but with the offline-Version, it worked!!! Time for a little summary of all the wishes (basicly all from me...but hey, other wishes are welcome
tongue.gif
):

Ideas/Wishes:
-Put that Aspect back to Options..please
wink.gif

-Correct Displaying of Filenames in DVD and co. (Full lengh?)
-Show the Informations (Name, Year, Album, Style) for Audio not under "Options/Properities"...show it in the background?
-WiiLight integration (DMP-Source?)
-USB...
-More stream paths, like to other IP's
-Support for other streams than .pls (Source from Mplayer rodries 0.07?)
-Distinguish between audio files, video files and other files. (If you select an audio file it will play continuously through the folder. Press B to play next file.)
-Image Support

Just Ideas and Wishes from me...like always: Coding this would be awesome, but the world won't die for me if this will not happen
tongue.gif
. maybe I'll also start at some visual things...(buttons?)..let's see
wink.gif

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
First: Thanks for the Offline-Version, exactly what I needed. It boots so fast now...great .

Now, for shure I've done some tests, only new thing: The adding of "aspect=1.7778" worked this time!!! Like you maybe know from yesterday, it wouldn't worked for me, I tried everything...but with the offline-Version, it worked!!! Time for a little summary of all the wishes (basicly all from me...but hey, other wishes are welcome ):
strange, this should have worked with original, as dynamite and myself had tested that many times....you didn't change loop.avi did you? like 640x480 or so
So everything works normal? that's good then, dynamite removed the files and i built it as he had to shoot off.

Ideas/Wishes:
QUOTE said:
-Put that Aspect back to Options..please
that was djdynamite's doing that's his files, just not the .dol *HINT* change it in menu.conf and add under options
-Correct Displaying of Filenames (Full lengh?)
-Show the Informations (Name, Yeahr, Album, Style) for Audio not under "Options/Properities"...show it in the background?
-WiiLight integration (DMP-Source?)
-USB...
-More stream paths, like to other IP's
-Support for other streams than .pls (Source from Mplayer rodries 0.07?)
-Distinguish between audio files, video files and other files. (If you select an audio file it will play continuously through the folder. Press B to play next file.)
-Image Support
they are in the wish list

AgentX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Don Killah said:
@AgentX:

Are you the same AgentX that modified the MPlayerWii?
If ever, i'm only using your version, it's awesome mate.
That's me, thanks for the compliment!

QUOTE(Don Killah @ Feb 15 2009, 06:05 PM) May i ask a favor: can you strip down mplayerwii in order to make the lightest version possible that only loads avi files. Crazy is working on a movieplayer for his CrazyIntro hombrew and didn't managed to get a light version working (under 5.5M).
So maybe if you can use your knowledge to remove all unecessary code like
- usb/smb/sd gecko routines.
- any other unwanted format like flv and such that would be awesome.

Thanks mate.
Unfortunately I'm not sure how much I can strip down; most of the bloat (eg unwanted file formats etc) is in mplayer itself which in the mplayerwii version is already compiled. I can remove dvd/usb/smb support and see how far that reduces things - I'll come back with an answer later this evening! The current dol is ~5.7MB. Does 200KB really make that much of a difference?

AlBa

Trophies
XP
Country
First, GG on the over-SMB playback! works nicely with a simple xvid ( no-hd here, i'm poor ).
Question : was it supposed to read NTFS too? Didn't see my NTFS-formated HDD.
( which geexbox sees with no problem, but i guess that's why the linux layer is for right? :/ )
Didn't take a FAT formated USB stick either btw...
Thanks for the great smb support anyway
biggrin.gif

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
First, GG on the over-SMB playback! works nicely with a simple xvid ( no-hd here, i'm poor ).
( which geexbox sees with no problem, but i guess that's why the linux layer is for right? :/ )
no doesn't support NTFS.....yet
For your USB, Insert your USB, Then power up MPlayerCE, then try browsing USB, it should have mounted it, please try....

Also can we keep bugs/questions on the google code page, makes it easier. thankyou

AlBa

Trophies
XP
Country
UranusKiller said:
QUOTE said:
no doesn't support NTFS.....yet
For your USB, Insert your USB, Then power up MPlayerCE, then try browsing USB, it should have mounted it, please try....

Also can we keep bugs/questions on the google code page, makes it easier. thankyou
I tried already
wink.gif

You think it's possible to implement ntfs-reading without linux behind?
Just wonder why nobody did it yet...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: bye whoever's leaving