Ossot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mousex said:
xzxero said:
you think thats mplayer's best feature?

watching AVI and MKV files is best hands down.
Most stuff today is 720p or 1080p and my Wii has to fight with the stuff and most times it looses the fight. XBOX360 for the win.

I'm honestly not trying to turn this into some stupid fanboy fight. I absolutely adore mplayer-ce. But about a week ago I was debating buying a 360 finally. I've been wii exclusive since release day. I decided screw it, I'll stick with my Wii. Then I found out the 360 has a built in video player that'll do HD. That was seriously the ultimate deciding factor for me buying a video game console. Go figure.

Eddie_Brock

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Advice Dog said:
xzxero said:
Advice Dog said:
My god I love this program

Watching DVD's on my Wii is fucking awesome on so many levels

meh.............watching video burned to disc is better than using a memory card. More space = more video, especially since I'm a whore for TV season sets.

plus, watching rented movies is a huge bonus.

What about the SMB feature allowing you to stream video to your Wii from computer? This is the best feature of MPlayer_CE in my opinion. Sure DVD playback is useful, but I have a dvd-player that does that. Being able to grab a dixv over the network and play it on my TV is truly ultimate. Definitely the most useful feature, IMO.

blank.gif

iiixtream

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can anyone help i just downloaded 0.76 and it code dumps on me when i try to load from hbc, fowarder and priiloader just cant seem to get it to run. 0.75 ran perfect any help would be appreated

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Eddie_Brock said:
Advice Dog said:
xzxero said:
Advice Dog said:

meh.............watching video burned to disc is better than using a memory card. More space = more video, especially since I'm a whore for TV season sets.

plus, watching rented movies is a huge bonus.

What about the SMB feature allowing you to stream video to your Wii from computer? This is the best feature of MPlayer_CE in my opinion. Sure DVD playback is useful, but I have a dvd-player that does that. Being able to grab a dixv over the network and play it on my TV is truly ultimate. Definitely the most useful feature, IMO.

blank.gif
Agree. SMB is one of the best features. I barely watch DVDs and DL standard definition shows all the time.

Rebound

Trophies
XP
Country
iiixtream said:
can anyone help i just downloaded 0.76 and it code dumps on me when i try to load from hbc, fowarder and priiloader just cant seem to get it to run. 0.75 ran perfect any help would be appreated

It only works from HBC

make sure you have update all the files in the mplayerce folder, not just the boot.dol

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rebound said:
iiixtream said:

It only works from HBC

make sure you have update all the files in the mplayerce folder, not just the boot.dol
Try using the new menu.conf file 0.76 comes with. Changes have been made (YouTube, Nintendo Channel content). As for forwarder, the linked forwarder in this post works without code dumps on exiting which is the most common code dump.

madeirabhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
EeZeEpEe said:
Rebound said:
iiixtream said:

It only works from HBC

Try using the new menu.conf file 0.76 comes with. Changes have been made (YouTube, Nintendo Channel content). As for forwarder, the linked forwarder in this post works without code dumps on exiting which is the most common code dump.

am i right in thinking i saw shoutcast listed too? Has anyone tried this to watch streamed football?

gofis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HI, I just got this version of Mplayer_ce .76. Load it into my usb hdd and it wont run. It said that it cant find it in usb/apps/mplayer_ce. I have Wiiflow on usb hdd and it load fine. I tried loading it on SD card. and it works. It is this particular hdd(Seagate) or is there anything else I can do to make it works?

thanx for help

hatredg0d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hatsu said:
Advice Dog said:

How about you use a DVD Player?
tongue.gif
Some people own a wii, and not a dvd drive, like me. well techniqualy i do own a dvd drive in both of my laptops, but i need a way to watch movies on my tv. this way i dont have to buy another overpriced electronic made only to do one function.

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hatredg0d said:
Hatsu said:
Advice Dog said:

tongue.gif
Some people own a wii, and not a dvd drive, like me. well techniqualy i do own a dvd drive in both of my laptops, but i need a way to watch movies on my tv. this way i dont have to buy another overpriced electronic made only to do one function.
what you gonna do when the laser burns out from reading all the movies you'll play

a used dvd player is a lot cheaper than a new Wii or laser

boondoklife

Trophies
Website
boondoklife.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
tongue.gif

what you gonna do when the laser burns out from reading all the movies you'll play

a used dvd player is a lot cheaper than a new Wii or laser

Do you really think the laser will die before a new system comes out? But then again DVD's are the only discs that touch my wii so no big deal.

LxTrix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mousex said:
xzxero said:

Most stuff today is 720p or 1080p and my Wii has to fight with the stuff and most times it looses the fight. XBOX360 for the win.

now if only it could actually play mkv files

Scarfish

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nice app but I can't seem to get the DVD playback to work. Maybe one of you can help me out.
I tried v0.75 and v0.76. I have the latest DVDx installed (titleId DISC) and i have hermes cios installed (downloaded from the mplayer ce website) in slot 202 which is a merged version of 38 and 60.
Whatever DVD I put in the drive it's not working. First it says mounting DVD then nothing happens. Choose Play again and then it says Opening stream or something like that, but the DVD won't play.
I tried removing IOS202 so that only DVDx is left --> Same problem
Removing DVDx and leave IOS202 on the Wii --> Same problem

Btw the Wii came with boot2v4 so the old cios installer can't be used.

On another Wii it works beautifully but on this one it's not working. Someone that can help me with this problem?

Additional info: When trying to open the DVD with File --> Wii DVD it gives me a mounting error.
This Wii is running SM 4.1E

Never mind, it seemed that it was a Wii with the new D3-2 drive...

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Need some help to configure my smb file, I'm running from Windows 7, pretty please =(

It's my setting for smb#3

Code:
#Samba share3ÂÂ(smb3:/)
ip3=190.168.0.8
share3=Wiishare
user3=name-PC
pass3=0

the name of my shared folder is "//name-PC/Wiishare", and it's on C:
no pass, not sure if I could need the user sesion pass...

Eddie_Brock

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OriginalHamster said:
Need some help to configure my smb file, I'm running from Windows 7, pretty please =(
Right-Click on the shared folder, go to Properties, then Sharing.... There is a "Network and Sharing" button in there. You will want to go through the options and select the choices that seem to offer best compatibility over security. The one in Particular is "File Sharing Connections", You need to have this on the (older) 40 & 56 bit encryptions. I hope this helps.

More than likely the issue is with Windows 7 settings, not your smb.conf

Edit: If there is no password, leave it blank.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I did the changes, still nothing =/, I need put the user name too? It´s my brother sesion, the name of the shared folder appears as "//NAME-PC/Wiishare"

I tested smb with WiiXplorer too and the app freezes every time =/

skk-depth

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
OriginalHamster said:

It's my setting for smb#3

Code:
#Samba share3ÂÂ(smb3:/)
ip3=190.168.0.8
share3=Wiishare
user3=name-PC
pass3=0

the name of my shared folder is "//name-PC/Wiishare", and it's on C:
no pass, not sure if I could need the user sesion pass...

name-PC should go under ip3 entry.
User/Pass would be data from one of Windows existing user accounts

Try this, its working for me:
CODE#Samba share3ÂÂ(smb3:/)
ip3=name-PC
share3=Wiishare
user3=YOUR_WIN_USER_LOGON_NAME
pass3=YOUR_WIN_USER_LOGON_PASSWORD
If you are logging into your Windows without password, then you could omit it, but you probably need to reconfigure your share. Alternatively you could create specific Wii Windows User Account and give it permissions to share and then put that data in smb3 as user/pass combo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Why so serious!