Hacking Multiplayer and 2 different flashcarts

ssg-

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I currently have Acekard2i. I'm going to buy second 3DS for my GF so we could play multiplayer games.
Has there been any known problems with DS games and their multiplayer features with 2 different flashcarts? I have heard that 3DS should have 100% compatibility with DS games, but I was wondering if using flashcart will create problems. All I really want to do is play games with my GF. So we don't need internet features just multiplayer.
I was thinking of buying some another card just to test out what else is out there. Acekard2i is great, but it seems R4i gets firmware updates faster.

tl;dr Does DS multiplayer features work between 2 different manufactures flashcarts?

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just be careful to not update your 3DS before your flashcard
Maultiplayer is perfectly fine with two flashcards, no matter what are those

tranfeer

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Just run moonshell and you can play the mutilplay on all kinds of flashcards. Ak2i is a good one, but I recommend you r4i gold(r4ids.cn) just because it always release the patch for the system updating within 24 hours. Besides, dstwo is also a good choice on condition that you do not care about the price. R4i gold(r4ids.cn) and dstwo both can support 3DS V4.2.0-9.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just run moonshell and you can play the mutilplay on all kinds of flashcards. Ak2i is a good one, but I recommend you r4i gold(r4ids.cn) just because it always release the patch for the system updating within 24 hours. Besides, dstwo is also a good choice on condition that you do not care about the price. R4i gold(r4ids.cn) and dstwo both can support 3DS V4.2.0-9.
Moonshell? As a ROM loader? :/

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

I would not trust on a clone flashcard,
@ssg- if you don't want to spend much on a flashcard, buy a AK2i,
it's good, easy to use, cheap, and will always have updates

tranfeer

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
VMM, how do you define a clone one? The card recommended by me updates its WOOD R4 very normally(almost once a month) and always release the patch for the system updating very fast. You can make a comparision by yourself.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ssg research download play because if you use it your GF doesn't need to have a flashcard, only you with the game you want to play with her. (only a few games require both players to have the same game)

Also,no flashcard has problems with other flashcards using multiplayer because the flashcard is only loading a game. The game won't have compatiblity issues with the same exact game, understand? In other words, it has nothing to do with the flashcard...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Saw a video like "Playing Ouya in 202x" a while ago, it was too much work for too little console.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well in today's standards Walmart media box would be 10x better
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    That's really cool.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Sorry you're not good with Windows Sylvester. lol
    Because co-pilot doesnt even show up on my pc. Not in the taskbar, not in the start menu search, and the option in settings to turn it on and off in the taskbar is not even displayed.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Well, I complain about Microsoft all the time. You seem to enjoy it, no offense. If you like using Windows, that's fine by me.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Everything is my own opinions.
    Liking Windows or not is an opinion. Yes.
    Being able to disable copilot is not an opinion. lol. its a fact that it can be disabled.
    Yet you just laugh about it when I tell you, like Im lying
    People can dislike Windows all they want. But I will call out the over-exaggerations, misconceptions, half truths, and lies about it.
    +2
    Tired of the entire "BUT BUT BUT WINDOWZ SPYWARE!!!" thing too, when the same people give out tons of their personal info to plenty of other companies but say nothing about it.
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Companies do the exact same thing with other companies as well, so it's not just Microsoft. There are 3rd-parties like 'data brokers'.
    I'm 52 years old and one of my jobs in life was marketing research. Im well aware. I've been online for around 30 years. Everyone and their grandmother already has my personal information. One more having my email address isn't ruining my life or even effecting me in any way whatsoever.
    +1
    In fact. I freely give info. Stuff like gasoline apps, to save $, grocery apps, lots of cash back from rakuten, etc. etc.
    +1
    $300 back last year from Rakuten for allowing them to track my purchase. I'll take the money for them to know I bought a bunch of stuff for my cat and some video games. lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No matter what you sign up for your info is out there
    +1
    Thats what im saying
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Exactly.
    And for people to say things like "But I use all fake info". No, they don't. lol. They use fake info for all of their banking and online shopping? Fake shipping address, fake payment info? lol
    Fake name, address and payment info for internet service, etc? lol. Ill say it again. Everyone freaks out about OMG WINDOWS!! But crickets on anything else they do.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Fake name, address and payment info for internet service, etc? lol. Ill say it again. Everyone...