Gaming my 360 is... invincible???

sconethief

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, my xbox 360 is old and back when the $399 one came w/ a 20gb(?) HDD (got it two Christmas's ago) and it's had the RROD like 15+ times >< still runs everything fine everything works.. I'm not sure if they classify of RROD if its just out of no where while you r playing or if when you try and turn it on i does the RROD.. anyway my 360 is still rocking even through hard times, freezing, and RROD's !!!
cool.gif
So can anyone tell me what's up if anything with my 360???
BTW mercenaries 2 rocks my socks
biggrin.gif

sconethief

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK thanks
biggrin.gif
So it's the power supply??? I have a cooler thing that goes through the power supply to my xbox but i got the same thing before we got it so you reccomend i get a new power supply??

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sconethief said:
OK thanks
biggrin.gif
So it's the power supply??? I have a cooler thing that goes through the power supply to my xbox but i got the same thing before we got it so you reccomend i get a new power supply??
That explains the RRODs...

Remove the cooler, it just makes things worse.

sjones900

GBAtemp Advanced Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah those "intercooler" things are shit don't use it anymore all they do is throw off the cooling, causes it to stop cooling correctly then BAM rrod

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I wouldn't say DON'T use a intercooler but don't use it IF you use it as it meant to be used (plugging your 360 power supply into it)

Mod it!

sjones900 said:
yeah those "intercooler" things are shit don't use it anymore all they do is throw off the cooling, causes it to stop cooling correctly then BAM rrod

lol they don't throw off cooling, they short circuit the power supply.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I definitely recommend using coolers that draw power from an independent AC source, not USB.

If you connect some USB device that has rechargeable batteries, you will notice 360 fan keep working even after you shut it down. It probably means yielding power to USB device generates heat from presumably 360's PSU to the point the fan needs to spin even when the power is off.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, watching the first episode of the anime we were talking about last night