Gaming My life as King Help

webyugioh

OP
Trophies
Website
www.free-ftp.org
XP
Country
Hey, I'm on my 52 day in My Life as King and I can't seem to figure out how to hire more adventurers.
Before, they would line up infront of the castle and I would have to pay 100 gil to get them.
Now, no matter how many houses I build, there are none day after day.

thanks for your help,

oh, and is there any way to extend the length of your day before you are forced to go to sleep?
it does not look like i'm the only one having the problem
QUOTE said:
And can someone help me with the game? I have so many shops and places my adventurers can go to, that they now spend all day getting stuff and travelling to the dungeons. Then they getting nothing done, so I'm now stuck in a bit of a rut!
Do you unlock something later on that lets your adventurers adventure by night, or will I just have to dismantle the shops for now? It's really getting annoying.
thanks again

shiftyraccoon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
Im on day 83 now!

After a while, just keep getting EXP for your characters then eventually you will be strong enough to take on the harder dungeons.

After unlocking a few of them you get to one (can't remember the name, sorry) and after you finish it you unlock the Guild to build in your city.

When the Guild is built you can emply more adventurers every day - increase the pay so they perform better, and also change the jobs of the adventurers so you don't have ALL thiefs like i did haha

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Prime said:
webyugioh said:
oh, and is there any way to extend the length of your day before you are forced to go to sleep?

No.

YES.

When you get your "Morale" buttons, call Chime, and 'Raise Morale'... talk to EVERYONE you can with a Green face above thier head... do this as much as you can. I can get all the way to Midnight before Chime yells at me to go to sleep.

webyugioh

OP
Trophies
Website
www.free-ftp.org
XP
Country
zidane_genome said:
When you get your "Morale" buttons, call Chime, and 'Raise Morale'... talk to EVERYONE you can with a Green face above thier head... do this as much as you can. I can get all the way to Midnight before Chime yells at me to go to sleep.
Will try that, thank you.

QUOTEWhen the Guild is built you can emply more adventurers every day - increase the pay so they perform better, and also change the jobs of the adventurers
Will also try that too
thanks again.

Sadly I won't be able to try much of this untill the weekend again,
as that is my only free time,
but thank you all for your help and continue poring in the support!

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Semi-necro, but once you've maxed out both the pay ranks and the number of adventurers you have, dismantle the Guild Hall since it no longer has a function (it reduces the cost of behests, but really at that point you should be able to easily afford any behest by now). And, you can put down a house to tithe more back than you'd save, I guess.

Also, I think the best way to do the Raise Morale is to wait until the needle is past the sun completely (early morning?) and then activate it. The effect is obviously better the more and bigger houses you have, since that maximizes the number of people out that you can talk with. My kingdom has 30 houses, 27 of which are Spacious meaning up to four people out at once. =P You want to wait since people aren't going to be out at sunrise.

Remember that you also get normal Morale while you raise family relations. And, try not to Raise Morale on days when your adventurers go out to kill bosses since the Morale Frenzy effect will not kick in if Raise Morale is on. This also applies to holidays, and the Morale Frenzy will NOT come back if overwritten with Raise Morale.

"Morale" doesn't look like a word anymore. XD

Jademalo

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a problem too.. most of my adventurers just come home for no reasin :\ not even because theyre torches went out.. they just come home.. and its annoyin as out..

help?

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jademalo said:
I have a problem too.. most of my adventurers just come home for no reasin :\ not even because theyre torches went out.. they just come home.. and its annoyin as out..

help?
That's one problem with the adventurers since you don't know what's eating them.

How often do you talk to them? You can talk to them before they leave for the mission after they're ready (if you talk to them with Raise Morale in effect, it'll give a small boost to one of their stats for the day too), and when they come back before they get their pay. When they wipe out or you tell them to go rest, go visit them at home, they love that.

Have you raised/maxed the pay rank too? I'd max it ASAP since they tend to behave when they're well-paid, and they get to buy the more expensive stuff to keep themselves alive/out longer.

Also, how many adventurers do you have total now? You may have too many and are spread thinly, something I'm currently learning about.

My suggestions are to talk to them as often as possible, do home visits when they wipe out, and raise their pay rank. They're probably depressed. When someone's next to the bulletin board with a blue sad face, tell them to go rest and they'll be good as new the next day.

Be sure to read the reports in detail each morning so you know what's what. Your guys might be close to death when they come home or whatever, though probably because they're depressed and don't want to fight anymore. And hey, a holiday never hurt anyone either.

Jademalo

Trophies
XP
Country
well, i talk to them day and night, they never wipe, and they never have blue faces.. i usually give them holidays, and amazingly, they still hte me

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Not sure then. They usually have a set time they come home (usually 7PM at the latest is when they will return home for me) but it could also be that your town isn't set up efficiently for them to leave town early enough. They may be wasting too much time running around town before they leave. Also, try to invest in Magic Torches as much as you can. While they can't buy a level 100 torch most of the time, they can buy the best they can afford so that should help them quite a bit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Beep.