Hacking My newest toy

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
According to WGP it has 001, well at least if you click on search it founds it..!!
smile.gif

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ether2802 said:
According to WGP it has 001, well at least if you click on search it founds it..!!
smile.gif

Nicksasa and i tried it. He had a cIOS55 (with IOS36/37 dip) installed as IOS55 and "removed" the 001 protection from the game. Didn't work, but this could be expected, nintendo can't be that incompetent in copy protection.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
robiul said:
With this am I able to play Medal of Honor 2 Heroes (taking into account that is hangs on safe screen)?

No, take a look at this:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=123...p;#entry1639626

My toy "only" allows you to run patched main.dols. If there was a main.dol-patch for this game to fix this, my toy would help you, but nodody released such a patch.

D

Deleted User

Not going to be an ass, but anybody working (Or is it possible) for a in-game application main.dol patches?

Something like, an mp3 player while playing the game./

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Mmmmmm..... maybe maybe.....not so lost my friend, but I think it could take some serious coding to implement a .dol with two jobs at a time, and the fact that it has to be kind of a patch that leads the main.dol to:

1)read the game as is
2)redirection to the MP3 player

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
In-game patches would be very very difficult as the main.dol has to have the same size as the original. I have no idea where SoftChip gets the addresses to write the parts of the main.dol to, why the main.dol is splitted nor how to increase the size. It's just, instead of load the main.dol from disc, load the main.dol from sd card.

D

Deleted User

Hmm...

So, it's either we've to get a main.col compressor that compresses to the exact size that we want it to, or writing a new app completely.

Either way, I can't code
tongue.gif

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
R4 released. I hope this time it gets close to 100% region free compatibilty with 1:1 copies. Look at the changelog for a little surprise and as always, if you like it, reupload it(with the source).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I found it funny cause many many years ago, had a roommate in college that did this same dumbass...