Hacking My System menu 4.0 install guide

Thingmaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forgive my zero knowledge but what would that mean if there was a recompiled version of wad manager that would work with IOS60 ? Would that be some kind of good news for the 4.0 people stuck in no-wad land?

fgsfdsyo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so let me see if I have this straight.
I have Preloader + CIOSCorp installed on 3.2U with HBC

--------------------------------------------
With IOS60 installer
Yes to 60
No to 61
Patch 60

Don't download new shop channel

Run wan's 4.0 Installer
---vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

This means I can still install wads
Run HBC
I keep old IOS
Old IOS are still trucha-signed
I can run VC games from the SD card
Custom VC games can be run from SD(?)
No more Region free*
No more blocked updates*
No more menuloading*
Possibility of Nintendo force updating(?)
Gamecube loader broken(?)
No brick protection
Preloader broken

Am I getting this right?

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thingmaker said:
Forgive my zero knowledge but what would that mean if there was a recompiled version of wad manager that would work with IOS60 ? Would that be some kind of good news for the 4.0 people stuck in no-wad land?

Not entirley.........

what happend was some guys updated to 4.0 using my guide but they didnt have CIOS installed (because they were on 3.2 with a chip)..........however they installed the custom IOS60 before updating...............the update doesnt undo that, so i can help those few that have custom IOS60 installed but have no CIOS of any revision.

but sadly wad manager doesn't compile for me .........
frown.gif
desperately need someone to help me

Posts merged

QUOTE(fgsfdsyo @ Mar 29 2009, 09:01 AM) Alright, so let me see if I have this straight.
I have Preloader + CIOSCorp installed on 3.2U with HBC

--------------------------------------------
With IOS60 installer
Yes to 60
No to 61
Patch 60

Don't download new shop channel

Run wan's 4.0 Installer
---vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

This means I can still install wads
Run HBC
I keep old IOS
Old IOS are still trucha-signed
I can run VC games from the SD card
Custom VC games can be run from SD(?)
No more Region free*
No more blocked updates*
No more menuloading*
Possibility of Nintendo force updating(?)
Gamecube loader broken(?)
No brick protection
Preloader broken

Am I getting this right?

Yes you are correct........................ nintendo don't force updates........

fgsfdsyo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought when Nintendo shipped out 3.4U there was a disclaimer that said they had the discretion of updating your console at any time...
It's been awhile, but I recalling something like that.

Also, with the *
All of those can be remedied with Gecko OS or the Gamma Channel, right? Except for menu-loading

shanefromoz

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Anyway im on 4.0e and can install wads fine.
With the old version wad manager 1.3 i could not but the new i can.
As for ios60 i have no idea but it works for me and i can install wads and then move to sd and play from sd with no worries.

Cheers

Thingmaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shanefromoz said:
As for ios60 i have no idea but it works for me and i can install wads and then move to sd and play from sd with no worries.

Cheers

Wait - you say with the "old" 1.3 you could not get wads to install - I thought 1.3 was the last one that came out? Are you on chipped machine? I have one other wad manager which looks like it was modified (has some cartoon character on the title) -- that didn't work either.

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fgsfdsyo said:
I thought when Nintendo shipped out 3.4U there was a disclaimer that said they had the discretion of updating your console at any time...
It's been awhile, but I recalling something like that.

Also, with the *
All of those can be remedied with Gecko OS or the Gamma Channel, right? Except for menu-loading

Yes its in the disclaimer.................it won't ever happen........technical reasons.

Also you can turn of connect24 to avoid this anyway

** yep you can

@thingmaker
he's not talking about a solution to installing on 4.0 without CIOS........... he had issues with his card before and he now uses a compiled version that works with his card

ATM - if you done have CIOSrev7 or 8 installed you are screwed till a solution comes out and any solution i find will still need custom IOS60 installed to work....... which if you dont have CIOS after 4.0 you cant install either

Yummy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
shanefromoz said:

Cheers

& why didn't you link here to the app for helping people having problem???

Simmy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
guys... sorry if i sound very noob/newbie about this... just want to make sure i don't do anything wrong... very sorry if this have been asked and repeated before, but i tried reading, and i am very confused...

first and foremost, i have a 3.2U modded with wiikey 1.9s 1st generation, never gone higher than 3.2U at all. what do i need to do to update to waninkoko 4.0 firmware and still be able to install wad files? i seen some of them already could not install wad when they are at 4.0 firmware over at this thread http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=143120&st=345

and what is cios36 rev8 used for? is it important for me to use? and what about cios249 rev8? what are the difference? i'm getting really confused here....

if someone can give me a step by step breakdown on how to safely install 4.0 firwmare or point me somewhere, it will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

bimicky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hi there!
I was trying toinstall ios60 but the installer says it needs a network to download IOS. my console is working, I took an internet test, everything is ok.
what shall I do?

moviecouple

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed this when going through my files. The cIOS36_rev8-Installer that I last downloaded by Waninkoko which fixed the 001/002 errors, had this in the info txt...

Custom IOS installs as IOS249 and does not modify any other IOS - that means it is
perfectly safe to install.

Changelog:

* Command IOCTL_DI_OFFSET custom (to support multigame).
* Support for custom commands DIP.
* The read command to read D0 now 6x using original disks or modchip.
* System transparent patching error 001/002.
* Fixes and improvements.

So is this truly cIOS36_rev8 or is it IOS249

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Simmy said:
guys... sorry if i sound very noob/newbie about this... just want to make sure i don't do anything wrong... very sorry if this have been asked and repeated before, but i tried reading, and i am very confused...

first and foremost, i have a 3.2U modded with wiikey 1.9s 1st generation, never gone higher than 3.2U at all. what do i need to do to update to waninkoko 4.0 firmware and still be able to install wad files? i seen some of them already could not install wad when they are at 4.0 firmware over at this thread http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=143120&st=345

and what is cios36 rev8 used for? is it important for me to use? and what about cios249 rev8? what are the difference? i'm getting really confused here....

if someone can give me a step by step breakdown on how to safely install 4.0 firwmare or point me somewhere, it will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

CIOS v7 or 8 is used for loading backups, installing wads and all sorts on the wii Ciosv8 can be called Cios249 or Cios36 but they are the same..... Cios249 is a modified version of the IOS36 and installs as IOS249 on your wii......so they are one and the same. CIOS v7 or 8 MUST BE INSTALLED BEFORE UPDATING ......if you do that everything will be fine. PM me for a link to the installer for rev8cios

bimicky said:
hi there!
I was trying toinstall ios60 but the installer says it needs a network to download IOS. my console is working, I took an internet test, everything is ok.
what shall I do?

Continue with the install

QUOTE(moviecouple @ Mar 29 2009, 10:03 AM)
Just curious... how can you make sure your system has cios36 rev8. Pretty sure I do but just want to make certain.

You can install it again to make sure, just install over the top of it using rev8 installer PM me if you can't find it.

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
moviecouple said:
I noticed this when going through my files. The cIOS36_rev8-Installer that I last downloaded by Waninkoko which fixed the 001/002 errors, had this in the info txt...

Custom IOS installs as IOS249 and does not modify any other IOS - that means it is
perfectly safe to install.

Changelog:

* Command IOCTL_DI_OFFSET custom (to support multigame).
* Support for custom commands DIP.
* The read command to read D0 now 6x using original disks or modchip.
* System transparent patching error 001/002.
* Fixes and improvements.

So is this truly cIOS36_rev8 or is it IOS249

CIOS36 is CIOS249............................CIOS249 is a modified IOS36 that installs as 249..............BOTH IDENTICAL

and if you've already installed this one you have CIOS249rev8.....hope that makes it clearer.

I HAVE EDITED THE GUIDE TO V4 to address questions i have been getting 100+ times and answered each time..........hopefully solves some headaches

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yea psi they are, I just got a 50" 4k Vizio for spare bedroom $249 at Wallys.