Hacking My Wii bricked. Need help

petspeed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Today we played some games on the Wii, and turned it off when it was in USB Loader GX. Shortly after we wanted to turn it back on again but it didn't work. The light in the power button turns green and the DVD drive makes the usual sound when it is turned on, but that is all that happens. The Wiimotes doesn't sync and the tv doesn't react at all ie it don't get a signal.

Here is what I have installed on the Wii:
System Menu 4.1e
Trucha patched IOS60
D2Pro modchip (6-wires, Actel v2.5, SPI v1.7)
Priiloader 0.4 with the following hacks enabled ([Replace Health Screen with Backmenu], [Block Disc Updates], [Block Online Updates], [No System Menu Background Music], [Recovery Mode press RIGHT on gc pad 4P], Startup and return is set to System Menu)
BootMii as IOS (I have an old backup)
cIOS 249 r19 (base 38), cIOS 250 r19 (base 57)
cIOS 202 (old version), cIOS 222 r4 (base 37 + 38), cIOS 223 r4 (base 38), cIOS 224 r5 (base 57)
HBC 1.06

Here is what I have tried:
Pressed Reset after power on to launch Priiloader
Insert BootMii autoboot disc found here on GBAtemp and power cycled Wii
Boot from the D2Pro 1.7 utility disc
Unplugged power for some time
Connected the Wii to another power supply, sensor bar and video cable
Sync Wiimote

Nothing worked. I updated from Preloader 0.30r4 to Priiloader 0.4 a couple of days ago but that have worked fine until today, so I don't think that has anything to do with it. I haven't done any other 'big stuff' on the Wii lately (just been testing a USB Loader GX forwarder channel yesterday but that has been uninstalled again), so I don't think my problem is because of homebrew, I suspect that there is some kind of hardware failure, but I am not sure.

If anyone has any idea what the problem is and how to solve it I would be very gratefull. Thank you.

EseHomes

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
only hardware thing that I can think of is the bluetooth module. If that goes bad then you wont get the SM, but I'm not sure if it will prevent priiloader from showing up. Try turning on your wii with the wiimote, if it works then your bluetooth module is fine and your brick is from another reason.

petspeed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Thank you both for your answers.

Gordinio said:
So what happened when you booted the Bootmii disc?

Nothing. The light in the power button turned green and the DVD drive made the sound it always does when the Wii is turned on, but still no signal to the tv and the Wiimotes didn't sync. In other words exactly the same as when I turn on the Wii without the disc in the drive.

QUOTE(EseHomes @ Jul 7 2010, 11:52 PM) only hardware thing that I can think of is the bluetooth module. If that goes bad then you wont get the SM, but I'm not sure if it will prevent priiloader from showing up. Try turning on your wii with the wiimote, if it works then your bluetooth module is fine and your brick is from another reason.

I can turn on the Wii with my Wiimotes but after that they don't sync (no light in any of the 4 indicators on the Wiimotes.

petspeed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
muck chucker said:
Try turning it on without the sd card in.
Might not help just trying to eliminate things

Thank you for your suggestion. I tried but it didn't make any difference.

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
If you did nothing except exit GX before the black screen issue and assuming Priiloader doesn't work when you press AND hold reset after start up (you just mentioned pressing) then the only thing I could suggest is somehow your D2Pro has fouled up something? Especially now that the bluetooth module has been ruled out. I assume the TV itself is fine lol.

petspeed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
ocdetective said:
If you did nothing except exit GX before the black screen issue and assuming Priiloader doesn't work when you press AND hold reset after start up (you just mentioned pressing) then the only thing I could suggest is somehow your D2Pro has fouled up something? Especially now that the bluetooth module has been ruled out. I assume the TV itself is fine lol.

Yes the TV is fine
smile.gif

I didn't exit GX I just turned off the Wii while in GX using the Wiimote. I pressed and hold the reset button for 30 sec. when trying to launch Priiloader, but nothing happened.

It could be the D2Pro, I will try to open the Wii and see if I can see anything abnormal.

QUOTE(scooby74029 @ Jul 8 2010, 08:44 AM) sounds like the whole 00000002 folder from nand the one that holds the .app files and settings.txt are gone?? maybe not but just a hunch.

If this is the cause of my problem is there anyway to fix it?

Parablank

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
petspeed said:
I have a NAND backup but I could only install BootMii as IOS and I can't get that started...
Fuk.

BootMii as IOS doesn't provide any brick protection.

You have three options,

1. Send it in to Nintendo, and hope for the best (3rd party fixes don't work).
2. Buy a new Wii.
3. Buy another system, and completely forget about the Wii.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Parablank said:
petspeed said:
I have a NAND backup but I could only install BootMii as IOS and I can't get that started...
Fuk.

You have three options,

2. Buy a new Wii.

Or he could figure out how to use an Infectus and program in his NAND Backup.

Parablank

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gordinio said:
Parablank said:
petspeed said:
Fuk.

You have three options,

2. Buy a new Wii.

Or he could figure out how to use an Infectus and program in his NAND Backup.
Or that.

Personally, I don't think that opinion is advisable...

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
scooby74029 said:
sounds like the whole 00000002 folder from nand the one that holds the .app files and settings.txt are gone?? maybe not but just a hunch.
USBLoaderGX doesn't even touch those files, you should first plug out the power from the wii and leave it +30min, if it didnt help try to remove your modchip

petspeed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Thank you all for your help and support.

I have tried to enter maintenance mode by pressing RIGHT on GC controller 4 (according to the Priiloader hack). That didn't do anything. I haven't tried to dismantel the controller to do the normal mainenance mode trick where you have to press all 4 directions at once because I borrowed the controller...

I also tried to remove the battery and the power supply for 15 min. without any success.

I think I will try to open the Wii and see if anything look odd.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol +1