tongue.gif

Infinitus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iPod Touch > Zune

:/

Unless you got it for free, that's a good enough excuse for using it.

Still, it deserves death by fire.

apb407

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the reason why it is smaller is because that is the zune nano type of thing. Basiclly it is competing with the ipod nano and other small music players. The new regular zune which is basiclly going to compete with I-pod Classic and other music players like that is 80 gigs and the same size as the regular zune except it has a shiney exterior like the ipods. ( the only thing i like about the zune was the big screen and surface of it but now the surface is gone :'( )

Cairpre

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love zunes, I don't have one but i might have to pick up a zune 2. You can find the original zune 30gb on www.woot.com from time to time (today they had them for $80!!).

Guzzie

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the reason why it is smaller is because that is the zune nano type of thing. Basiclly it is competing with the ipod nano and other small music players. The new regular zune which is basiclly going to compete with I-pod Classic and other music players like that is 80 gigs and the same size as the regular zune except it has a shiney exterior like the ipods. ( the only thing i like about the zune was the big screen and surface of it but now the surface is gone :'( )

The "new" Zune aka Zune 80 is actually slimmer than the 30GB model.

And no, the Zune is not at all better than the iPod. And no, i do not own any Apple products so don't scream "FANBOY!!111!1"

The new zunes will have wi-fi which can be used for wireless syncing or temporarily sharing songs. November 13th an update will be issued that includes an entirely re-written Zune software for the PC and it will allow for podcast support. The frimware for every zune model will be the same, so even those with the older 30 GB models will receive the updates for wireless sync, etc. It also has a built in FM radio tuner which all iPods lack.

The only real feature that is missing from the Zune lineup that people complain about is a clock. Most people have cell phones so this isn't a big deal however a sleep-timer is a feature I greatly desire. I'm not too sure how people have come to the conclusion that the Zune and iPod are equal. The new iPod classic has slow performing user interface and isn't well accepted by most. Not saying that Zune is the best mp3 player out there because it certainly isn't. People need to recognize that iPods are underfeatured and overpriced.

Getting a refurbished 30GB zune seems to be the absolute bang for your buck right now. You get the scratch resistant casing along with all the new updates for an amazing price.

Eighty bucks for a zune is practically stealing it...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good morning