Mei-o

Generic Asian Kid™
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So I was on my way home with a friend. As we were about to get on the transpo, an idiot on a motorcycle tried to slip through the tiny gap between me and the transpo vehicle. The guy's arm slammed at my chest area which I was able to reflexively guard with my forearm. I was lucky that I didn't get badly hurt or injured or whatever, but the guy on the cycle got horribly shaken that he almost fell. After that, I went on with my seemingly merry way back to our suburban town as if nothing happened.

Though if he stopped and confronted me instead of just moving on, I would've beat the crap out of him...

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Well, to be fair, most motorcyclists are newbs to begin with. And you can't really say the same thing about any other vehicle on the planet. With a car you practice with a licensed driver, with a plane you practice with a licensed pilot, etc. But with a motorcycle, chances are you don't have a best friend, an older brother, or a parent with a motorcycle license. And even if you did they wouldn't be riding on the backseat while you learned.

So essentially, every new motorcyclist has only their own first hand experience to go by. Even with drivers education you can only learn by doing it yourself.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
While we're on the subject of cycling, I'm going to do a short rant about bikers in the US (I'm not sure what it's like anywhere else in the world)...

GET OFF THE ROADS AND USE THE TRAILS THAT WERE MADE SPECIFICALLY FOR YOU!! SOME PEOPLE HAVE TO GO TO WORK INSTEAD OF LEISURELY RIDING AROUND AT 6 IN THE MORNING!!

...All better. I just can't stand when I'm going down the road, and there is a pack of bikers in front of the car, and we have to wait, because there are too many cars in the other lane, so we can't pass them. And there are more than enough biking trails in my area, such as the famous Panhandle Trail, but hardly any bikers use them.

Mei-o

Generic Asian Kid™
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ace Gunman said:
Well, to be fair, most motorcyclists are newbs to begin with. And you can't really say the same thing about any other vehicle on the planet. With a car you practice with a licensed driver, with a plane you practice with a licensed pilot, etc. But with a motorcycle, chances are you don't have a best friend, an older brother, or a parent with a motorcycle license. And even if you did they wouldn't be riding on the backseat while you learned.

So essentially, every new motorcyclist has only their own first hand experience to go by. Even with drivers education you can only learn by doing it yourself.
Actually, I intended the more derogatory meaning of the term. But normally, I would just say careless, stupid or some other relatively similar term.

Dagatahas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah there are a lot of bad motorcyclists in the PH. 7 out of 10 motorcyclists I see everyday do not have proper riding gear; they would usually have a helmet(if they have one; which may be a cheap knock-off), undershirt, shorts and flipflops. They weave and filter anyway they can through normal traffic and try to get away if they scrape a car or person.

People hear also tend to laugh at/make fun of riders that have padded jackets/armor and overall protection. So what if you look like a tokusatsu character? Just because you ride an underbone or scooter doesn't mean the pavement will be any softer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    the author has the final aproval
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Canada: America's Russia