Name the Switch successor: what should Nintendo call its new console?

switch2.jpg

Nintendo has officially announced that a successor to the beloved Switch console is on the horizon. As we eagerly anticipate what innovations this new device will bring, there's one fun piece of the puzzle left undecided: its name.

The name of a console is more than just a label; it's the first impression, a brand identity, and often, a crucial element in its success or failure. Think back to the Nintendo Wii, which despite its unusual name, revolutionized gaming with its motion controls and family-friendly appeal. On the flip side, we have the Wii U, whose name caused quite a bit of confusion and didn't resonate as well with the audience.

1715136334073.png

This is where you come in! Nintendo has always been about innovation and community, and what better way to honor that spirit than by inviting you, the fans, to help name the next generation console? Whether you think it should be something classic like the "Switch 2" or something more creative like "Super Switch Ultra Deluxe" we want to hear your most creative and catchy ideas. Don't hold back—post your naming ideas in the comments below. Feel free to upvote the names you love, and why not add your twist to someone else’s suggestion?

lordofcombo

Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
The console will have nothing in common with switch.it will be aa home console like ps5.The new will also be different.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game Boy Pro
Then it'd better be BC with GB, GBC, and GBA. Oh, DS, too would be nice.

Nintendo wasn't sure if the DS would be a success so they made the DS backwards compatible with the GBA.

3_1gd4cPo.jpg

Not the biggest fan of the OG DS, but I like the "retro futuristic" look and the GBA cart isn't partially outside.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    eBay sells Xbox 360s for £30.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I wonder if there's an hdmi adapter for the old model
    cos that jtag works pretty damn good
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, ik its a scam, thats why i mentioned it
    +1
    even though it is a system prone to rrod which it doesn't have
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I would not recommend 360 phat models anymore, slims are better, and RGH3 possible, phats only rgh1 or jtag
    +1
    ya but phat has ps2 chip in it :)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This is a great buying guide that I recommend.
    my rgh systems glitch pretty damn fast
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Except Winchester, which even to this day, is not moddable.
    +1
    now I'm trying to figure out PS4 modding.
    +1
    looks easy
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, It definitely did take a while for the PS4 to be fully hacked, much like the PS Vita.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Sony has announced that they will be using a non-x86 processor for their next-gen console.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Amazon fire sticks switching to a custom linuxOs instead of Android, sucks for 3rd party apks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, is the red ring of death still common in phat xbox 360s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, And Linux, regardless of its distro, is still easy to install 3rd-party modifications.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yes, phats are just a good heater for the winter months
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Yes, its only relatively common on early models.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, then the chance of potentially me wanting to have a phat xbox 360 is -1%
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If you have one, then chances are is that it needs a reballing of the chips.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If you can Get a slim, even if few dollars more, do it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ,
    @BigOnYa im atm fine with my ps3
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Falcon RGH models are fine, but a slim model is slightly more money apparently.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, Falcon RGH models are fine, but a slim model is slightly more money apparently.