Hacking NAND Emulation, Game Channels, Backups on USB

jakejm79

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So a couple of years ago I had a Wii running backups from USB, I am now thinking about getting one again (I sold my old one about 2 years ago). On my new setup I was hoping to do something along the lines of the following:
Piiloader>Loads System Menu on Emulated NAND>Launch Games on USB via Channels (maybe made by something like CRAP).

Anyway since its been a while and NAND emulation was just starting when I stopped following I'm not sure if this is possible, also I know by emulating my NAND that I can have much more room for my channels but what happens with regards to the system menu and 48 slots (i.e. am I still limited to 4 pages of 12 on the system menu, or since my NAND as more capacity will more pages become available?).

If this is possible what are the best tools?

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Even with emulated nand you are still limited to the 48 channels. You can have 100 channels installed to the emulated nand but only 48 will show up.
There is a program called Snort48+ that installs as a channel on the emulated nand. With it you can change what channels can be seen on the emulated nand.

As far as emulated nand goes i would recommend getting modmii and using it to build a UNEEK+DI emulated nand.

It's very simple to do and after your done all you have to do is copy files to a SD card and to your USB drive and that's it.

Maverick Lunar X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had a much simpler time just using USB Loader GX and having Priiloader launch it on boot. Installed all of my wad's to a NAND dump with it, Wii and GC games all running off an external HDD.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Icebrg5 already said it: the channel limitation is something of the system menu. It's not going to grow.

An emulated nand can be convenient for having virtually endless space for channels, savegames and DLC, as well as an easy way to backup things, so it's still worth it. I would advice neek2o over regular uneek+di, but that doesn't matter much (I think neek2o is the default option in modmii to begin with).

And Maveric is also correct that you can use priiloader to load something else besides the system menu. On an emulated nand, postloader is the way to go (GX may work, but I'm not sure about it). It can hold and load all your channels, homebrew and wii games, so it basically has everything.

jakejm79

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys, I ended up going with priiloader forwarding to usbloadergx and using there new banner view mode. Not quite as clean as the standard system menu, but pretty good. I do have one last question, is there anyway to remove the icons for sorting, views, etc along the top of the usbloadergx main screen, just trying to clean it up and have less for the kids to touch. Thabks

e2zippo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks guys, I ended up going with priiloader forwarding to usbloadergx and using there new banner view mode. Not quite as clean as the standard system menu, but pretty good. I do have one last question, is there anyway to remove the icons for sorting, views, etc along the top of the usbloadergx main screen, just trying to clean it up and have less for the kids to touch. Thabks

I wanna do exactly that, have priiloader boot straight to USB Loader GX, how exactly would I do that?

And let me know if you find a way to hide those icons at the top ;)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
download the "all in one" pack on google code, there's a forwarder dol inside.
Install that dol in priiloader and use it as booting method.

Place the apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol on SD or USB (so the forwarding will load it).
Install the forwarder channel too, so the "return to" will work, or set Priiloader to return to the installed dol.

To hide the buttons at the top, you can install this theme:
http://wii.spiffy360.com/forum/thread-1430.html
Go to settings>theme>default when you want them back

Reactions: 1 person

e2zippo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
download the "all in one" pack on google code, there's a forwarder dol inside.
Install that dol in priiloader and use it as booting method.

Place the apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol on SD or USB (so the forwarding will load it).
Install the forwarder channel too, so the "return to" will work, or set Priiloader to return to the installed dol.

To hide the buttons at the top, you can install this theme:
http://wii.spiffy360...hread-1430.html
Go to settings>theme>default when you want them back

Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/Os7f9Se.mp4