AceMilo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
C.S.I. said:
You have bootmii as boot2, as you state you can TRY and run HBC, but it fails? Do you have a NAND backup you can use.

I assume bootmii is runnng properly?

Yep, I go to run hbc and I get a blank screen. The nand backup I have is no longer working. When I went to recover after the second time, I only got 3 green blocks, so somehow it got corrupted after a restore. AFAIK bootmii is running properly, I was able to launch comex. Cboot2 just says fat driver error can't load from front sd card reader.

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Have you tried to restore the NAND from another SD card in case yours has crapped out?

Are you using a standard SD card (non SDHC).

Sorry, having never restored from a NAND backup, cant help much more.

kitt050383

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Use cboot2 with hackmii installer and install hbc then reinstall system menu and its ios!

If I read corectly you were on 4.1 use 4.2 system menu and ios to fix your problem! To get them use nus autodownloader!

-kitt

AceMilo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kitt050383 said:
Use cboot2 with hackmii installer and install hbc then reinstall system menu and its ios!

If I read corectly you were on 4.1 use 4.2 system menu and ios to fix your problem! To get them use nus autodownloader!

-kitt

I can't use cboot2, it just says error can't load fat driver can't read from front sd card reader.

AceMilo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AFAIK it only needs a few files and won't even load if they aren't all there. I'm at a loss for what else to do.

AceMilo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
comex's nand formatter. Thats the best bet

Yes I'm trying that. What I really need is something that will wipe the whole thing and let me install the system firmware from scratch, but I can't figure out how to do that with comex. I'm trying right now to install 3.2 using comex but no matter what I do it still says 4.1 when I boot with savemiifrii gc controller method.

AceMilo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
Then you are doing things wrong and are not educated enough to do what you want to do.

It's almost like reinstalling windows and only having knowledge with linux. You are now hopeless without researching on your own.

Everyone here has tried enough to help you. It's time you do some things on your own.

That doesn't really help me. I don't have any experience with bricked Wii's which is why I came here. All I want is to get this thing working.

wes11ph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Afghanistan
AceMilo said:
DeadlyFoez said:

Yes I'm trying that. What I really need is something that will wipe the whole thing and let me install the system firmware from scratch, but I can't figure out how to do that with comex. I'm trying right now to install 3.2 using comex but no matter what I do it still says 4.1 when I boot with savemiifrii gc controller method.

using nand formatter will wipe out even your bootmii boot2 installation. and you have to compile it first to use it.

be careful before you use the formatter you have to install all the needed files on the sd card before you proceed with formating your nand or else it will be the last thing that you saw your wii still boots up.

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wes11ph said:
AceMilo said:
DeadlyFoez said:

using nand formatter will wipe out even your bootmii boot2 installation. and you have to compile it first to use it.

be careful before you use the formatter you have to install all the needed files on the sd card before you proceed with formating your nand or else it will be the last thing that you saw your wii still boots up.
cleaning the NAND wont erase Bootmii AFAIK,since wiping nands dont affect boot2,if it did then just using a nand backup would brick your wii,and that's stupid,lol

wes11ph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Afghanistan
lolzed said:
wes11ph said:
AceMilo said:
DeadlyFoez said:

cleaning the NAND wont erase Bootmii AFAIK,since wiping nands dont affect boot2,if it did then just using a nand backup would brick your wii,and that's stupid,lol

trust me i've already done this....
and bringing back the dead to life using an external prog.
lecture.gif

eh taga saan kaba?

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wes11ph said:
lolzed said:
wes11ph said:
AceMilo said:
DeadlyFoez said:

trust me i've already done this....
and bringing back the dead to life using an external prog.
lecture.gif
in the logic it DOES erase bootmii,then he's already run it,so that means he has no Bootmii installed,well how is he gonna fix things now?That's to say,he still is fixing his Wii through Bootmii,that means it didn't wipe at all.

Your logic states it wipes out Bootmii,yet he ran the formatter,why then is he still able to run Bootmii?

Long story short:I don't think Nand cleaning erases Bootmii

wes11ph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Afghanistan
[/quote]
in the logic it DOES erase bootmii,then he's already run it,so that means he has no Bootmii installed,well how is he gonna fix things now?That's to say,he still is fixing his Wii through Bootmii,that means it didn't wipe at all.

Your logic states it wipes out Bootmii,yet he ran the formatter,why then is he still able to run Bootmii?

Long story short:I don't think Nand cleaning erases Bootmii
[/quote]
the question is:
does acemilo already run and used comex nand formatter? he need to compile it first.
it's not a nand cleaner it's a nand formater.

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
AceMilo said:
Progress. I was able to use comex formatter to get the health and safety screen back, but it still says the system files are corrupted. What do I do next?

Also cleaner formatter lol i dont care,he ran it,so your guess was wrong,you probably screwed up when YOU ran it

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
AceMilo said:
Progress. I was able to use comex formatter to get the health and safety screen back, but it still says the system files are corrupted. What do I do next?

Okay, I for once experience this when i was messing/experimenting around with a brick wii with vunerable boot2

i took out the nand of a working wii with bootmii and place it on a US bricked wii, then use comex nand formatter putting the right IOS's and US 4.1 system menu. then after that i get the same "system files are corrupted" being sure that i have put the right IOS and thought it might be the system menu region then i right to use the PAL 4.1 system menu and ran comex nand formatter again and it boot right up.

don't know whats wrong but it worked that way but i can't changed the region because i've been getting errors with sysconf..bla bla not sure about the name because it's way back.

in the end i just used betwiin since i've been using the same nand on both wii's so bad blocks are not an issue.

p.s. i was just expermenting with this extra bricked wii i have

@ wes11ph

may external nand programmer ka ba?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: What the hell was that Syl?