Hacking need help with unpacking a WAD...

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a WAD file... don't wanna get into what it is, just so we keep this on the level...

Now, when I extract it, I get 4 files...

.CERT
.TMD
.TIK
.TRAILER

I'm not seeing any .app files... I know this WAD has a game in it, as I've already installed on my Wii, and it plays fine.

I'm using wadunpacker.exe (25.8k)...

What could the problem be?

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Troy... found that one right after i posted...

I just reverse engineered 0rangeChicken's GBA VC title... Mario Luigi SuperStar Saga...

they claimed to have some fancy security involved, and while testing it out for them, that asshole deba94 decided to ban me from their IRC channel, so now I'm going to steal their thunder and release a TON of GBA games in channel form...

Even though all they did was make a channel that wraps a rom inside VBAgx with a custom save to the SD Card... they put the fancy VC banner graphics in, so I'm just going to ruin their release by fixing what they couldn't, and make a full request thread on the torrent site they are affiliated with...

Unfortunately I have to go to my mother in laws for the next 3 days, and won't have access to my Wii to test things, but by friday I'll have everything working, and a full library to choose from!

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Well, it sounds like you are on the right track, but I have no idea why you'd want to unpack a WAD file, when you can just install it using WAD Manager or something. But then again, you sound like you know what you are talking about, where as I only use WADs for installing system menus and stuff like that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh