Hacking NeoGamma Thread

Vegeta

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiPower,

Has it ever been possible to force GameCube games to 480p with Backup Loader. If it has, it isn't working for me, if it hasn't any chance you could add a force 480p option for GC games?

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Vegeta said:
WiiPower,

Has it ever been possible to force GameCube games to 480p with Backup Loader. If it has, it isn't working for me, if it hasn't any chance you could add a force 480p option for GC games?

Hmm, i should look at the gamecube code again. I think at the moment it might not even try to force the selected video mode for gamecube games.

I'm not a gamecube expert, but i think there was some trick to enable 480p on gamecube games by pressing a certain button.

Vegeta

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
Vegeta said:
WiiPower,

Hmm, i should look at the gamecube code again. I think at the moment it might not even try to force the selected video mode for gamecube games.

I'm not a gamecube expert, but i think there was some trick to enable 480p on gamecube games by pressing a certain button.

Yeah, you hold down B to enable 480p in GC games but back in the day I had a modded GC with a Qoob Pro mod and you could force games that didn't even support 480p to display in 480p.

That's what I'm after.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm sorry, i'm not an expert when it comes to gamecube games. Point me to some app/launcher that is able to do that, and i will try to copy this feature.

Narolez

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I've made a forwarder channel for NeoGamma, based on WiiPower's Unversal Forwarder, using read ahead cache for faster SD loading. The channel is region free.

Points to:
sd:/apps/neogamma/boot.dol

Icon:
iconerh.png

Logo:
logozfm.png

Menuscreen:
menuscreen.png

Download:
< http://sharebee.com/4e3ea8e3 >

mtb-bfh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tested R4RC2 with Narolez's forwarder, both working (though I've only tried it with DVD backups).

Thanks for this awesome loader. I noticed when looking for R4 that the first post in this thread doesn't mention anything about version numbers. I had to go back through the whole thread to find the RC. Also you might want to put the little arrows in the new menu option, just pressing the A button causes the screen to blink with no other action, whereas all the other choices have sub-menus (purely cosmetic, obviously)

madtamski

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
Next public beta test:
http://rapidshare.com/files/241453106/NeoGammaR4RC2.zip.html

Please report if any menu option does not work as it did before, or if the config is not stored

Changes to R3:
- Changed how the game entries are sorted
- Added IOS Reload when trying to mount a wbfs device (from 7th try on) to increase compatibility with enclosures and HDDs
- Changed sd and sdhc card handling, hopefully fixed the corruped config file bug with this
- Refuse to load a config with 1 or more option out of range
- Moved game selection to main menu

Since your RS.com link has been maxed out, and I appreciate all of your work, here's one more mirror hosted on my domain
smile.gif

http://madtamski.com/downloads/NeoGammaR4RC2.zip

Thanks again WiiPower
wink.gif

p.s. Still haven't tried Wanin's R11, but really don't expect it to work, I will post back and let you all know though (unless someone's already tried it and I've missed it!).

Whoops, damn I double-posted, I expected another reply from someone else before I posted mine!

*edit* Indy didn't work with Waninkoko's R11, through channels, USB Backup loaders, Neogamma, nada.

When I installed R13 I had the same results until I tried Neogamma again.

Success!

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
lorenzo67 said:
Hi, there is some problem with rev9 or is all compatible?

Thank you very much

Lorenzo

It just not compatible with the rev12. Waninkoko changed the 001 error in some wrong way for that revision so that all loaders that have the required fix for Sam & Max integrated, get 001 on all 001 protected discs and some other error on all games from usb. And no this does not mean it plays Sam & Max from usb!

mateyo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hi wiipower,
would it be possible to do the patching of mk:a and ssxblur which work via changing the dols on the fly with neogamma?
i dont know how the bootloader works, but redirecting the loader to f.e. the mk7.dol instead of the main.dol as an kind of "hack" would be really nice.
greets
mateyo

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
mateyo said:
hi wiipower,
would it be possible to do the patching of mk:a and ssxblur which work via changing the dols on the fly with neogamma?
i dont know how the bootloader works, but redirecting the loader to f.e. the mk7.dol instead of the main.dol as an kind of "hack" would be really nice.
greets
mateyo

I can patch the main.dol on the fly, but it's directly loaded into the correct areas of the memory. This means, i can patch the main.dol, but i can't replace it with a file that has even the slighest difference in its structure. Maybe somebody could mod the apploader.bin to load that .dol instead of the main.dol. The apploader is something i can replace completely. Thinking about, it may be possible to replace the main.dol completely. But i'm not sure if it would work, and i would first need an open source project that is able to parse the fst.bin.

mateyo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
mhm okay because that would be actually a way to make some games work with the loaders. its an dirty way but working for games which do an immediate ios reload on startup or an selection screen.

Vegeta

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
longtom1 said:
Can anyone make an auto boot version of NeoGammaR4RC1 or NeoGammaR4RC2 with press button 1 for configuration would be much appreciated

I could do this if I knew what to change in the source as I have been able to compile Neogamma succesfully with devkitPro.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Vegeta said:
longtom1 said:
Can anyone make an auto boot version of NeoGammaR4RC1 or NeoGammaR4RC2 with press button 1 for configuration would be much appreciated

I could do this if I knew what to change in the source as I have been able to compile Neogamma succesfully with devkitPro.

Then look at the source of one of the Gamma autoboot loaders?

Hybridx24

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need some help. I installed the cIOS Rev13 on my 4.0U Wii, and whenever I run the Boot.dol (R4RC2) on my SD card it causes an "Exception Error" and starts a dump. Sometimes it even says "Wii system files are corrupt". I'm not worried though because after a restart everything works fine. Is there a reason why this is happening?

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hybridx24 said:
I need some help. I installed the cIOS Rev13 on my 4.0U Wii, and whenever I run the Boot.dol (R4RC2) on my SD card it causes an "Exception Error" and starts a dump. Sometimes it even says "Wii system files are corrupt". I'm not worried though because after a restart everything works fine. Is there a reason why this is happening?

I have no idea. R3 had some config file error, but R4RC2 should refuse to corrupter config files. Try deleting the config file on sd card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious