New DS Trainer - Metroid Prime Hunters

leetdood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
While Legacy seems to want to disrupt Wi-Fi play, I have to say, as some of you all, I am very disappointed. It's not something I play, but encouraging cheating anywhere does ruin the fun for the people who actually paid for the legit copies and want to play on WFC. I'm not trying to stick up for the little guy, but... it's just not right to waste their money. Cheating can be fun, but same as some things, it's not worth it in the long run because it makes things harder for everybody.

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
this makes it possible for legacy's next firsty to have some sort of intro prepended... interestingÂ
wub.gif
Oh god....no....I can give two fucks about online since I rarely play anything online due to shitty 5 minute wait times. Sucks for all you guys though. I am however bummed about the idea of having intros again......
unsure.gif

m2pt5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are some things that FlashMe does not mess with; MAC address is one of them.However, I heard on gbadev that it's possible to change your MAC address though there are no comfortable tools for it, yet.
Oh, I never said it wasn't possible, I just said that standard FlashMe doesn't mess with it. If you get a firmware dumper/flasher and you know what bits of the dumped firmware to change, you certainly can change your MAC address.

meangreenie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I found when using the missiles in 'Single player' the game goes glitchy... change back to laser and it rights itself.

edit.. it seems to crash/lock too. It maybe I have too many cheat options on or maybe I shouldn't have trimmed the rom... or it could be that this trainer is really only aimed at multi-player.

edit2.. has anyone managed to connect up to another local DS ? I keep getting disconnected when the level starts
frown.gif

This is with an EZ4 and Supercard, I suspect it's to do with the EZ4 as quite a few games disconnect with it. I'll try it later with 2 Supercards.

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I do hope something good comes out of this... like the future wifi game makers reconsider taking a different approach for the wifi games. So stuff like this could be prevented even if it happends.

But still... ruining a perfectly good game online... *throws his mph copy in the trashcan*

id242

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To everyone who now says, "...throws MPH in the trash"... are you basically saying that you never play the actual single player version of the game, or the download-wifi version? I mean, honestly now - is this game so worthless and horrible that it's only good for playing as Internet-wifi... if that's the case, then I can see why you look forward to throwing your LEGIT mph into the trash.

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
To everyone who now says, "...throws MPH in the trash"... are you basically saying that you never play the actual single player version of the game, or the download-wifi version? I mean, honestly now - is this game so worthless and horrible that it's only good for playing as Internet-wifi... if that's the case, then I can see why you look forward to throwing your LEGIT mph into the trash.

Well, I've played through single player and unlocked everything. Might get back to single player and replay it maybe in.. 4-5 months? As for the beauty of a wifi game is that you don't need to rely on others whenever you wanted to play vs others. But to play ds2ds you must find someone that wishes to play, arrange meetings etc. Compared to wifi which you only need lay down, turn it on and go hardcore in an instant if you are capable of wifing at home.

So in conclusion.. yes.. the diamond.. the 5x damage dagger.. it's heart.. the super legendary rare sword.. or as you would put it... was in wifi.

meangreenie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I give up... can anyone get this working between 2 DS ... I can play about a 1/2 a minute max before getting the discconcted screen.

accolon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Oh well, I never played MPH online, and now it's too late.
frown.gif

Banning the MAC address won't help, simply because it's not possible. MAC adresses are part of level two of the ISO/OSI model. This level is called data link layer, it transfers data between adjacent network nodes on the same local area network segment. This means that Nintendo's WFC servers don't know the MAC addresses of the currently connected DS, it's only used between the DS and the WiFi router you're using.

Unless WFC capable games tell the MAC address of the DS they're running on to Nintendo's servers as part of the authentication procedure or something like that, there's no way to ban specific addresses. Looking at the current WFC system, I bet there's no such system...

I hope Nintendo improves WFC with the release of the Wii. I don't like Microsoft, but their XBox Live shows how you can build a great online gaming service.

Squiffy

GBATemp's Little Embarrassment
Trophies
Website
pyon.co.uk
XP
Country
I was playing it last night and was disconnected in the middle of the match on wifi.
*grabs tinfoil hat*
Well, I played tetris ds wifi immediately after it, so they obviously didn´t ban me.

wohoo

Trophies
XP
Country
NOOOOOOOOOOOO! why!? WHY?! why is there people who want's to cheat ONLINE!? their ip's shuld be banned from everything, yes EVERYTHING! damn i hate cheaters online! ARRRRRGH! i'm going to strangle everyone who cheats online while playing with me... well.. i wish i could ;P

meangreenie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I have no wifi to test this with but for the other 2 modes.. single player and multiplay.. I find this trainer buggy.

Tried every way I can think of.. with the trainer applied the game disconnects all the time or freezes in single player. Without the trainer (trainer unpatched rom) it works fine in both modes.

Fix please
wink.gif

Frz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
frz.cc
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum