Hacking NEW "fake" DSTT Pics

fathawg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes the DSTT's in the new plastic case are supposed to be the new ones. Just look at the card and compare it to the pics at the beginning of this post to see for yourself.

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
linux_geek said:
Silly question, but why would the DSTT team want to even attempt to kill people's flash cards or DSs.
Surely the best option is just to print the big red X like on the video every time you try to use it. So basically it won't work.... why bother killing anything? tell if I get customer returns!
I know! Why not just make the firmware to pop up and say "YOU HAVE A FAKE!!! BUY A REAL ONE FROM US!!!". It won't be any harder then frying the cart.

r6306

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
playallday said:
I know! Why not just make the firmware to pop up and say "YOU HAVE A FAKE!!! BUY A REAL ONE FROM US!!!".

you mean like this?
16092008-1.jpg

This is what happens if you try the R4 SDHC 1.21 kernel on the R4 Advance, sorry about crap phone pic

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
in the video, it shows a black cart as being real, is this the neoflash version, or do you buy the replacement case seperately?

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
r6306 said:
playallday said:
I know! Why not just make the firmware to pop up and say "YOU HAVE A FAKE!!! BUY A REAL ONE FROM US!!!".

you mean like this?
16092008-1.jpg

This is what happens if you try the R4 SDHC 1.21 kernel on the R4 Advance, sorry about crap phone pic
You bet ya! Now that is a good idea!

Rashid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh crap...

I've had my DSTT since like the beginning of 08 and I'm not sure if mine's fake or not.

The cart itself is too small for me to see if it's fake or not.

So what should I do to avoid the risks? Not download any new firmware? =[

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Manual charging