Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
Because we will get it untill 2015 and is too early to make an official announcement.

In other news, anyone thinks the same?: I mean, since this revision will b more powerfull than regular 3DS's, then it means more emulation capabilities, and:

View attachment 10071

SNES VC TITLES CONFIRMED AS NEW 3DS EXCLUSIVES.

Ok no.

oh, i would very much like that nintendo makes SNES VC for 3DS in eShop! :)

Gruntzer

Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
for the love of god nintendo , i just bought my 3ds xl recently
why the F are you doing this to me

stahp , please stahp

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xenoblade could look better on the new 3ds. The old 3ds already had better lighting and shading abilities to the wii (confirmed by nintendo btw). Also ARMs and SoCs with slightly more power then the Wiis chips have been out for 2-3 years now. It's not too far of a stretch for the new 3ds to have those newer model arm 7 and arm 11.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Im curious about just how much faster it is. o.o
Also, since they are embracing pc file transfers now, I wonder if they will support 3rd party 3d videos.

If Nintendo's direct is to be trusted, roughly 2X faster.

From the looks of it, I guess this new variant uses a very similar OS compared to the original consoles. This is great actually.
The DSi OS and the DS (Lite) ones were rather different.

I hope Nintendo adds the functionality to watch 3D YouTube now, with this given hardware improvement.
Also, I'm not going to pay ¥30 to unlock restrictions. Mature content won't look good in 240p anyway.

Reactions: RichardLaughter_

RichardLaughter_

Trophies
XP
Well, thats not a bad boost. A lot of editors speculate that the upgraded cpu was mainly for amebo functionality, but 2x the cpu power (if true) and exclusive games may be a bit much for just amebo support. Makes me wonder if Nintendo has something else in mind for the cpu usage and if it is indeed 2x faster than the 3ds then how much stronger will the true next gen handheld from Nintendo be? Well only time will tell.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
for the love of god nintendo , i just bought my 3ds xl recently
why the F are you doing this to me

stahp , please stahp

thats what you get for waiting so long. nintendo needed your purchase 3 years ago when 3rd party was lazy and all hopeful about the pspvita

loco365

Trophies
XP
I don't like the enforced web filter thing, paying to remove a software limitation is just plainly absurd. You're already paying for the device itself, why pay more to unlock the (rest of the) internet? And where is that money going?

Reactions: Deleted User

WhiteMaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I understand but for me playing my DS games with a circle pad made a huge difference in my desision of buying a 3ds when the 3ds didn't have a lot of good games during launch window.

3 years later, they decide its probably better to fit in a second analog stick.

Still laughing at that.

Anyways, yes, I also enjoyed the 3DS's backwards compatibility. However if it did not have it, that would not have been a heavy factor in my decision to buy one.

Sure, its always good to have backward compatibility. But if it bumps the price of the new system, changes the overall architecture of the of it, or can cause long-term limitations, to me, it is completely retarded.

Better to just keep the old system and enjoy a full, new and fresh gaming experience.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't like the enforced web filter thing, paying to remove a software limitation is just plainly absurd. You're already paying for the device itself, why pay more to unlock the (rest of the) internet? And where is that money going?
It's 30 cents. The money is going to cover the money transfer cost itself. The only reason it exists is so that it's impossible for kids to remove it or for parents to remove it without knowing exactly what it is.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I bet hardly anyone will pay that 30 cents anyway.
Who does such things on a 3DS, when they can do it more easily on a smartphone or other device?

assassinz

Visoly 512 Flash Advance Linker Xtreme Master!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Faster cpu? Sounds good. I really dislike the boot up time when powering-on the 3DS. Hopefully this will eliminate that.

edit: Glad I didn't spend money on a Zelda 3DS XL!

rainparadesamurai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's 30 cents. The money is going to cover the money transfer cost itself. The only reason it exists is so that it's impossible for kids to remove it or for parents to remove it without knowing exactly what it is.
it doesn't matter, I'm not paying for that on principle. This just makes me more eager for hacks and even piracy just to stick it to nintendo. They really need to learn how full of shit they are and how they're not in a position where their arrogance in implementing these asinine gmmicks ( because hurr durr every1 we're the family friendly nintendo!! Christian America plz love us forever and buy nintendo for your wholesome children!!) won't be challenged.

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Kinda peeved this is revealed right after the Smash Bros. 3DS XL. I know there appears to be a similar design for the New 3DS XL but we don't even know if it'll surface outside Japan. After all, the regular version still hasn't been confirmed for the US and it's in such limited stock in Australia the EB Games website crashed in a manic struggle after going live.

So now I need to weigh up my choices: just go for the Smash Bros. 3DS XL when it gets re-uploaded to the EB Games website, get one of the ugly-coloured New 3DS XL's in the trailers or sit and hope the Smash Bros. New 3DS XL somehow has a better chance of surfacing in Australia.

Parasite X

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just like I use the full stero scopic 3D effect with my current 3DS I will do the same with my N3DS I want that blue XL I saw its only a matter of time till its released here & its mine at last of course some GB systems were jap only released hope this isn't the same that would really suck.

Kinda peeved this is revealed right after the Smash Bros. 3DS XL. I know there appears to be a similar design for the New 3DS XL but we don't even know if it'll surface outside Japan. After all, the regular version still hasn't been confirmed for the US and it's in such limited stock in Australia the EB Games website crashed in a manic struggle after going live.

So now I need to weigh up my choices: just go for the Smash Bros. 3DS XL when it gets re-uploaded to the EB Games website, get one of the ugly-coloured New 3DS XL's in the trailers or sit and hope the Smash Bros. New 3DS XL somehow has a better chance of surfacing in Australia.

Not mention we just got the 2DS which is why i'm hoping that its not a japan only release some GB's were japan only & never saw the light of day outside japan hope this system repeat

zeello

The reason we can't have nice things.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh hey, there's a weird groove above the camera nub

at least that's somewhat ergonomic

The 3D feature is an interesting part of the new models, because I don't believe many people really even care about the 3d anymore. Its like Nintendo is in la la land.

Maybe its just my taste/opinions, but backwards compatibility is an increasingly important feature despite being increasingly neglected.
- There are more systems than ever, we need to lose some
- The improvements with each successive gen are producing diminishing returns. The idea of saying "why would you play a crappy obsolete PS3 game when you have a PS4" is becoming an increasingly unintelligible and ignorant idea.
- Compatibility is a relevant technological feature, it would be like buying a bluray drive that doesn't play DVDs or a music player that doesn't play mp3s.
- Compatibility is a bona fide gaming feature. Who still cares about last gen games? A gamer does. Stripping away BC shows that the device is not really a gaming device but a casual device and/or a money grab.

again, maybe its just me. I used to not care about BC but now I do. But times have changed, and, perhaps more importantly, I was probably an idiot.
on, I completely forgot another reason

more and more we are playing things like 3d classics, virtual console, eshop, psn, Xbox live arcade, etc. Even PS3 let's you play PS2 classics. Like.. hello??
At some point the phrase last gen games is not a meaningful distinction.
Take Xbox One for instance, it was supposed to get Magic 2015, but the game is on 360, and android and iPad. What difference is playing Magic 2015 on Xbox One as opposed to playing it on 360, or playing the 360 version on an Xbox One if it had BC? (which is oddly actually sort of an argument against BC, since inept consumers might buy last gen version of games even though a next gen version is available, Madden for 360 for instance, instead of Madden for Xbone)

Or PS4, its getting Rollers of the Realm, a pinball game, which isn't coming to PS3. Because that's totally next gen, right? But PlayStation All Stars, or GTAV, nope, those are crummy last gen titles and not worthy of PS4.

Its not like previous gens where pretty much every PS1 game was unfeasible on SNES or basically any PS2 game was leaps and bounds above the PS1. Nowadays we just have games, and the truly 'next gen' games are on the road to becoming an endangered species.

I can see why BC doesn't exist in terms of physical media, since there's no money to be made off the titles.

Now that I've written all that I don't know why I am on the subject and how it relates to Nintendo. (they already do BC, so w/e) But I wrote all that. On a tablet. So I sure as hell am clicking Post Reply. Please forgive me.

zeello

The reason we can't have nice things.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure this model is inspired by the iPhone, given that everyone buys the newer ones each year.
Nintendo knows that revisions sell.
One interesting thing though is the actual rear/top of the new 3DS looks like one of the recent iPhones.

21076.png

the interchangeable faceplates look really cool though. I've wanted to switch that panel on the 3DS XL, but tear downs reveal it's very difficult. Now we can all do it easily.
The themes look great too.
nintendo is copying iphone? They could learn to make a device that is comfortable while they're at it.
And style is good, but when you open the 3ds it's really ugly.
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but I'm not sure Nintendo 'gets it'

And I doubt the new models have USB charging. But here's hoping.

edit: ah, it's only the non-XL New 3DS that has the iPhone design. The New XL looks unchanged--still as ugly as always.

Its kind of ironic, if the XL was the uglier one, why did they try to make the non-XL look cooler? The non-XL looked fine.. Nintendo is so mysterious. :3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, wuuuuuuuuuuuuut