OP
Trophies
Website
luigiblood.neocities.org
XP
Country
France
2107545421.png
Yesterday (and surprised there was no topics about it), was announced "Flashback" for XBox Live Arcade and PlayStation Network with a video reveal:

Ubisoft clearly says that it's not really a remake, but rather a reimagining of the original game. Paul Cuisset says also that they aim to do things that couldn't be done in the original for technical reasons, and also to do something actual, not a old game look newer.
It's still about Conrad and Morphs, but while saving Earth, he has to save his girlfriend too.
It includes new items, new gears, a new experience system, expanded story with a few new twists, and some more. And everything in Unreal Engine 3 and Havok.
There's also artworks:
360650_flashback-hd.jpg
360652_flashback-hd.jpg
Sources:​
http://www.gamekult.com/actu/zoom-flashback-hd-A108358.html (French)
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=538329

(Sorry for the french sources, but I'm french and that's pretty much how I knew about the game)

Reactions: Rockman GFF

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i read a bit of an interview where they stated they had to retool the levels because they would be considered much to difficult by today's standards. i've personally never found flashback a difficult game. it upsets me that they feel the new generation of gamers isn't skilled enough to handle the original game.

-another world

LuigiBlood

Mage Robot
OP
Trophies
Website
luigiblood.neocities.org
XP
Country
France
Well I don't mind the levels being remade (at least it wouldn't make feel like I'm playing the same game anyway) but considering the gameplay and you can aim in 360° degrees, I think some levels has to be a bit remade for that.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
i read a bit of an interview where they stated they had to retool the levels because they would be considered much to difficult by today's standards. i've personally never found flashback a difficult game. it upsets me that they feel the new generation of gamers isn't skilled enough to handle the original game.

-another world
It's more like the current generation of gamers isn't as willing to sit trying the same level 25 times. :P

Reactions: Ergo

LuigiBlood

Mage Robot
OP
Trophies
Website
luigiblood.neocities.org
XP
Country
France
I would still play it anyway, it's a game genre that I like.
Oh and, here's some gameplay video from GameSpot:

A bit buggy, needs some changes, but the developer himself said it would be fixed, he knows the controls are wrong.
(And animation needs some improvements.)

Also, heard the release date is this August.

LuigiBlood

Mage Robot
OP
Trophies
Website
luigiblood.neocities.org
XP
Country
France
Lighting is too dark in some places, the character should always be visible for location stuff. Looks sexy though, and like it keeps to the original level types well.
I'd rather think it's the camera filming the gameplay that changed the tones like that. I admit he should always be visible in some way (anything that could show him).

Also, read stuff, and you don't play the intro. Apparently those who played it liked the introduction and most of the cutscenes. The demo had the whole Titan Jungle and New Washington until that moment with Ian.

Ergo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PC or U, please, I'm done with downloadable games on machines that won't support backwards compatibility.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Giganutz