lavamasta

OP
Trophies
Website
swagbucks.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so im sure u all know about while your in a game or whatever and u press the home button, the little menu comes up. well, someone alredy made a mod to that menu a little while back... or at least started on it. so what im thinking is that thrugh this menu there should be the option to play musicthrough your usb/sd device while in game
smile.gif
another idea i had with this menu would be to be able to turn on wiispeak capabilties for any game. i think we should probably be able to port ventrillo or teamspeak to the wii somehow... and then us hackers can still talk to each other when playing online games. this would be nice for when monster hunter 3 comes out and more games. many other things could be done from this menu. other people here could make their own ideas to put into this menu. also maybe, have it like psp's nite pr and cwcheat. be able to turn on/off cheats in game through the menu. these are just some ideas ive thought of that would be pretty sick
wink.gif
so guys, tell me what u think
smile.gif

Helsionium

Alpha and Omega
Trophies
Website
www.helsionium.eu
XP
Country
Austria
No.
That's just not possible.

Every game has its own Home Button Menu, i.e. it is not a global menu, it is instead a part of every game or channel.
Furthermore, every game implements the menu in another way, so it fits well within the rest of the game's programming.

lavamasta

OP
Trophies
Website
swagbucks.com
XP
Country
United States
dude, nothing is impossible.... it could be done, just make it so that all games refer to the same home menu somehow and it should work out. people said that the usb loader would be impossible too, but that happened and now we are even further along with usb loading.

D

Deleted User

Already discussed several times before. It's not impossible but it's too much of a work. The Home menu is kept inside each game and you have to modify the main.dol inside the iso to make any modification possible.

Again said, already discussed and it's too much of a work. Best of waiting for WiiMC

lavamasta

OP
Trophies
Website
swagbucks.com
XP
Country
United States
um... this cou;ld work quite well. we could possibly take code from the xbox 360 even. u know how the 360 can play music while playing games... well y not get it to work for wii too. i just think it would be something good top think about. we're alredy quite advanced in hacking the wii, so this could be done easily

dajavax

Trophies
Website
www.dajavax.tk
XP
Country
Mexico
lavamasta said:
um... this cou;ld work quite well. we could possibly take code from the xbox 360 even. u know how the 360 can play music while playing games... well y not get it to work for wii too. i just think it would be something good top think about. we're alredy quite advanced in hacking the wii, so this could be done easily
hey soo when do u expect to release it? i'm anxious for it... i'll wait
biggrin.gif
... thanks man

Jotokun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lavamasta said:

Ok, its becoming quite clear that you have absolutly no idea what your talking about.

First off, is the firmware on the Xbox 360 open source? No, its not. So we cant take code from it. Even if it were, we cant use it because while the wii and 360 are both powerpc-based machines, the processors themselves are quite different. In fact, the 360 processor is made with the ability to multitask, and their games run in an OS of sorts. The wii's processor will not be able to do this because the games written for it assume they are running alone. If some way is ever released, then it'll be very crash happy and have a low game compatability, on top of speed reduction of some sort.

I could go on and on and on, but I'll refer you to a post on hackmii explaining this better than I can. This post was by the people who wrote the Twilight hack and Homebrew channel, so they obviously know what they're talking about.

http://hackmii.com/2009/02/why-the-wii-wil...get-any-better/

roku93

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
It's not about the processor, it's about the software that runs on it. Wii games are just desinged so that they take full advantage of the console, therefore running another process along it would slow down the games, if it's even possible.

Helsionium

Alpha and Omega
Trophies
Website
www.helsionium.eu
XP
Country
Austria
I already thought about this a while ago...
You know, Wii games don't run alone, they always run along with an IOS. So I thought there was a way to introduce new global features to all Wii games, without much of a performance impact (IOS runs on a seperate processor).

But that's where it ends because I have since realized that it won't work. IOS is - unfortunately - not able to write to the main output devices (audio/video). If this was possible, awesome global features could be introduced with little if any performance input. However, it won't work, and I see no way apart from hacking each game individually - which is possible, but not practical for any purpose. When I said "impossible" before I was talking about adding global features to the Home Button Menu, which is, in fact, impossible, because there is no such thing as a "Home Button Menu" anywhere in the Wii's System software. If it were, we would be able to call and use it from within homebrew apps, wouldn't we? Also, you can easily notice differences in implementation between different games.

WaRMarinE

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The only capable way to do that is REBUILDING the complete system menu and Wii operative system. If you can get a whole kickass professional experienced coder team then those guys can do it. Can you get them?

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok I'm gonna give you the solution to all of your needs, you need:

a Wii (duh)
a PC
Internet connection
iPod (optional cause the PC can reproduce music too)

turn ON all of this stuff, mix and spice at your own taste...!!
biggrin.gif

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Not to flame or troll, but just turn on some music on your PC speakers and wooliah. End of discussion.

lavamasta

OP
Trophies
Website
swagbucks.com
XP
Country
United States
linuxares said:
Not to flame or troll, but just turn on some music on your PC speakers and wooliah. End of discussion.
if u read my post well enough u would notice, it's not just music during gameplay that could come outa this. many mods could be made after this to make a microphone communication system like ventrillo or teamspeak available in any game could be a possibility. or even the ability to turn on/off cheats in game. cuz i find that would be useful if u were playing a game legit, but a hacker comes in the room. so then u turn on your hacks to outdue him
wink.gif

if the psp can do this, the wii can too.
and also, someone said that the 360's music program isnt open-source. well there are people who dump code from 360's using their own programs and stuff. so if we gather up some good coders to spread this idea, it could work out
smile.gif

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
QUOTE said:
if the psp can do this, the wii can too.

rolleyes.gif

you don't have any idea about the complexity or the feasibility of the whole thing but still think "it could work"... hmm
there are many stuff that would be "cool" to do, this does not mean they will necessarely be done
sorry, life sucks (sometime)

SublimeAndEtc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This might as well be trolling.

Also,

ether2802 said:
Ok I'm gonna give you the solution to all of your needs, you need:

a Wii (duh)
a PC
Internet connection
iPod (optional cause the PC can reproduce music too)

turn ON all of this stuff, mix and spice at your own taste...!!
biggrin.gif

I lol'd
laugh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think cobra venom is also organic