purru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SoulSnatcher said:
R2DJ said:
I would like EVs and IVs to be scrapped and let people play and treat Pokemon like normal, not like drones...
That'll destroy all those who play Pokemon competitively. That won't happen.
Not that Nintendo really does much in the way of what the competitive scene whims to begin with, I'll agree scraping EVs is bad idea as there is strategy in distribution but IVs could definitely go. They add nothing to the strategy when everyone is playing with the exact same thing, alls 31s. I realize Hidden Power and some intentionally slow sets might change it up slightly but it doesn't change the fact that there's less than a handful of viable IVs out of possible millions or billions or some such nonsense. All it does is encourage hacks and pushes people into online sims.

Alternatively, as they did with EVs, they could add more items and features to make it an easier process to achieve what you want. They already added such a feature to the Power Items but it's still not quite enough, just as the macho brace wasn't quite enough for EVs. I suggest, if not totally abolishing the concept of IVs, making IVs passable if your Pokemon has maxed out (255) of a particular stat. This would give reason to actually max out a stat to 255, it would make it possible for each parent to pass down 3 stats (holding a Power Item) for a total of all 6 in all and it would still require a little bit of work while taking out a lot of the randomness of it.

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
R2DJ said:
I would like EVs and IVs to be scrapped and let people play and treat Pokemon like normal, not like drones...

What are you talking about!? Scrapping IV's and EV's, preposterous, you obviously don't get it!

Pokemon are merely tools, use them to defeat and crush your opponents!

In all seriousness though, scrapping IV's and EV's would break the very mechanics that the game set forth from the very first Generation, yes IV's and EV's exist in Generation 1.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Database errors are because the data is not based, it's cringe