New PC or PS3?

sconethief

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey GBAtemp!
This is sconethief with one question. should I buy a new PC or PS3? My current PC is 1.8GHz 2.5 GBs of RAM, 512mb Video Card Windows XP and Windows 7 installed.
If I get a New PC I'm looking to spend around $600. Here's a good example of one I'd like here
Though the PS3 is cheaper by $200 (see here)
Or I c ould jsut buy new stuff for my current PC (nice mouse/keyboard) and/or maybe a pandora.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Depends what your into, to be honest, i wouldn't be bothered with an upgrade, just buy i new PC, but I'd still stick to a PS3, but yet again that my opinion

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
If you already have a xbox 360, upgrade your PC, if not get a PS3!
yaypsp.gif

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What do you intend to do with the PC if you got one?! (your specs of the current one apart from the processor are fairly good standards for most gaming needs etc)

Would you use a new PC any different to what you do now or the same as what you do now??

PS3 rocks if you want really good game graphics and the bonus of a BLU RAY dvd player built in!

(ignore the 360 fan boy comments when they start posting your question was re: PC or PS3
nyanya.gif
)

Although the PS3 has lesser download content than 360 at the minute it IS getting better ...

The EA section of HOME on PS3 launches soon which is going to be pretty cool ...

what are you looking for something to do your accounts on and surf the net !? ... then get a new PC!

If you want a gaming system that has Blu Ray capability's then get the PS3
smile.gif

sconethief

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have both Xbox 360 and Wii.(and almost all the portable consoles. PSP phat and slim, DS phat, Ipod touch, GBA, GBC)
My most played console as of now is The Xbox 360. And If I bought a PS3 I'd most likely buy a Screen for it and my PC.
I usually use my PC for world of warcraft and RTS's. This is mostly because my current PC isnt good enough for most of the new FPS's.
(if it runs them. they run slow >

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sconethief said:
I have both Xbox 360 and Wii.(and almost all the portable consoles. PSP phat and slim, DS phat, Ipod touch, GBA, GBC)
My most played console as of now is The Xbox 360. And If I bought a PS3 I'd most likely buy a Screen for it and my PC.
I usually use my PC for world of warcraft and RTS's. This is mostly because my current PC isnt good enough for most of the new FPS's.
(if it runs them. they run slow >

BumFace

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
it depends, some say want a PS3 because others has it so you can play against your friends and its good too, some say a pc because you can do all most anything. i d say pc, because as you said you play WoW and RTS i can't imagine playing RTS on a Control Pad. mmm StarCraft II...

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BumFace said:
it depends, some say want a PS3 because others has it so you can play against your friends and its good too, some say a pc because you can do all most anything. i d say pc, because as you said you play WoW and RTS i can't imagine playing RTS on a Control Pad. mmm StarCraft II...

PS3's are capable of using BLUETOOTH/WIRELESS keyboards & MICE and can also use USB KEYBOARDS too
smile.gif

Oh and Isnt FF series of games classed as RTS?! lol people manage to play it quite well with a Joypad
nyanya.gif

sconethief

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kobykaan said:
sconethief said:
(if it runs them. they run slow >< I'll update. I have vista ultimate I'm just holding off on installing it if i get a new computer.
I own plenty of things that can surf the web anyway xD.
If I get a PS3, I'm looking for a PC monitor that would also work as a screen for a PS3. It doesnt need to be bigger than 20". Preferably an HDTV, and less than $300.
For now It looks like I'm going PS3! Well see how this turns out >>

Raki

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
your PC specs aren't very specific...
Also that link to a PC you posted is crap...the processor is OK, but the graphics is just a intel X3100 IGP, so you won't be able to play WoW on max settings etc.

DarkCamui

Trophies
XP
Country
Gullwing said:
I would stick with PC... More things to do... For gaming pc again... PS3 doesn't deserve that money...

Well I don't think he wanted an fanboys opinion on this one so troll elsewhere please. I would go with the PS3 I think because it will for sure hold for a few more years, a gaming pc on the other hand will probably hold up for 2-3 years maximum but then again PS3 doesn't have that many exclusive titles and you already got a Xbox 360 but if you wanna play Metal Gear Solid 4, Little Big Planet, Uncharted, Killzone 2 or some other exclusives then get a PS3. But a PC might be more worth it
tongue.gif

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
a new gaming pc with all the newest gaming hardware and good graphics card

Posts merged

a new gaming pc with all the newest gaming hardware and good graphics card

sconethief

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As some of you said my specs are quite vague.
I'll try my best here
tongue.gif

AMD Sempron 3200+ (1.8GHz)
2304MB DDR RAM(1GB+256MB+512MB+512MB)
NVIDIA Geforce 8600 GT (I plan on keeping this because I got it about three months ago)
Its just an upgraded one of these>>Compaq presario SR1910nx> I basically showed it because I thought the processor was nice for the price....
for all you who said PC lets see you find a nice PC for $600 USD
nyanya.gif

Still leaning PS3

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I love my PC, so I'm gonna tell you to get that. Wait a few years until the PS3's game library has grown and it is cheaper, that way you'll save yourself a few bob (though I guess that works vice versa). But yeah, having a PC that can do all the stuff you want without being irritatingly slow is just brilliant. Gawsh I wish my PC wasn't still being fixed :\.

Radiopools

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, you've got a 360, I wouldn't worry about the PS3. Just go for the gaming rig PC, it will be a better investment, considering how exclusive PS3 games get put on 360/PC at some point.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I had a brown ops log in the shitter