Hacking New sandisk 8gb micro sd cards

jabjab

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i see that there are 2 new version available or soon to be in the UK.
ultra version and the premier version
Anyone tried these and found if their random access times are good?

standard read/write of the sandisk 8gb class 4 are the best around i think but it has poor access times.

Ultra version is supposed to be class 6 i think (orderable now in UK)
Premier version i think is still class 4

If its just a read write upgrade then pretty useless for DS users but RAT improvements would be great.
Not sure if its new manufacturing or if its just the old ones tested and rebranded according to the results of the batches.

Just wondering - i have an adata i am happy with, but i hate removing files to make room so might be nice to get a good upgrade.

wilddenim

Candy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've got Sandisk class 4 8GB for two months now. And been very happy with it, no lags or slow down with games so far.

I would highly recommend this card.

jabjab

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SkH said:
Um the Premier version is faster as far as I know.
now you say its faster but have you tested it?
the regular version has read/write speeds WAY above its listed spec and actually above those listed for the premier.
What if they dont change the manufacturing process and just take the faster ones and call them premier then take the faster still and call them ultra?
That would mean that right now you could buy 'premier' and 'ultra' cards - ie the regulars before rebranding.
However, if you waited until the new stock was in then the regulars may be slower than the current regulars.
Real hope was that they would change the manufacturing and increase the access times of these cards.

access time is about 3 times that of adata class 6 so whilst it should run most games on most cards there is a good chance of problems on some games.
If its a card second to something like an adata then should be ideal.

edit: seems on cyclo forums they come out pretty much identical to the class 4 for random access so not alot of point imo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Me niether, us north Koreans don't care