New Sonic Frontiers TGS trailer gives a first look into playable Super Sonic

2x1_NSwitchDS_SonicFrontiers.jpg

A new trailer for Sonic Frontiers was released today, exclusive to the Tokyo Game Show 2022 event.
The new trailer gives a new look at some of the battle mechanics in the game, some of the boss fights against the titans Sonic will face, and also shows the very first look into what seems to be a playable Super Sonic into the main game, which could serve as a possible power-up for Sonic to be used during gameplay.

Sonic Frontiers' Trailer Description said:
Dangerous new enemies require powerful new abilities in Sonic Frontiers – Available for Pre-Order today! https://frontiers.sonicthehedgehog.com/

The Starfall Islands are home to strange and menacing foes that Sonic has never encountered before. Using an all-new battle system, join Sonic in confronting these titanic threats with upgraded combat skills, evasive maneuvers, and a few familiar tricks up his sleeve. Jump into adventure, harness the power of the Emeralds, and fight to stop these new, mysterious enemies!

Are you excited about the upcoming Sonic title?
Post and share your thoughts!

:arrow: Source

Last edited by ShadowOne333,

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But if you can go super fast? Then I'd say even if the world is empty, hey, speeding all over the place, up and down and all around could still be pretty fun.
I remember doing that in BotW with the bike and eventually it got stale.

Speaking of BotW, I hope BotW2 won't have the limited use weapons. That was annoying.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the world still feels empty, much better than before, but still empty. Everything else looks amazing. I'm really hyped for this game.

(the switch version will run fast like a snail and will look like cat piss on the sand, who will bet against me on that one?)
Sonic Unleashed had two versions, one for HD consoles and another for SD consoles, but I think we're not going to see something like that again.

The PS2/Wii versions of Unleashed were a lot of fun and the Wii version had the best of both worlds.

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I remember doing that in BotW with the bike and eventually it got stale.

Speaking of BotW, I hope BotW2 won't have the limited use weapons. That was annoying.
Myself I am imagining it more like... even faster than the bike, run up walls and such, run on water, just, truly feeling like Sonic in an open world, heh.
I've always been one behind the idea of an open world Sonic game, because I feel it could complement Sonic's speed and agility well, but suppose if Sega doesn't fuck it up as they tend to do.
With all them fan Sonic engines and such, I've always wanted myself to be able to play a Crazy Taxi map with Sonic, lol, imagine just jumping and running all over the place as him, even up them buildings and such.

Regarding BotW's weapon thing, yeah, is mostly annoying at first when you don't got many weapons, but once you fill your inventory, it kinda doesn't really matter much if your weapon eventually breaks when you got like 20 to spare.
Doesn't mean it's not a stupid mechanic and we'd be better off without it, but suppose it's something somewhat manageable, mh.
Shrug

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Tsukiru

Over the Eden
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To each their own, the only reason I was concerned about pop in was that it would be counteractive to the high speed of the game, but that seems fixed now. So I'm all on the Sonic hype train again.
Should clarify when I mean "fine" I mean just that it never seemed like the worst but it was never going to catch my eye for long. Along the lines of mediocre I guess.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    the author has the final aproval
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Canada: America's Russia