Hacking New version of Xbox SDK has leaked

carizard

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
A new version of the Xbox One SDK appears to have leaked and is now circulating with it being initially posted on a certain dark games and software site.

unknown.png

unknown.png

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Are they as locked down as some other console SDKs we have seen over the years? For others new to this the SDK tends to be something supposedly restricted to devs that pay their respective console makers a lot of money and earn a position to develop games. Accordingly they often have considerable amounts of DRM embedded within them (you or I might complain about something that phones home every boot and every 10 minutes thereafter and needs a dongle but "like it or lump it" is something MS/Sony/Nintendo/whatever can and do say at times) which means they are not exactly a install and compile leaked game source/your own source and play it on your dev/homebrew enabled xbone.

Does it have anything that will be of interest to ROM hackers working on the xbone? Some of the really modern SDKs have very little compared to older stuff that bundled file formats, conversion tools and in the case of the older stuff still then system specs?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Another leak happened yesterday, and apparently contains a ton of keys used for production units.
People only just started looking into it, but as it stands xbox one security might be blown wide open relatively soon.
Interesting. Glad I waited to see about the leak of the year thread rather than doing it at the start of the month.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight: Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares