Hacking New video mode patch from Crediar

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi guys, Crediar is using a video mode patch in sneek that works totally different than the ones the most usb loaders use. In one of the recent revisions of sneek, he updated it, so i thought i give it a shot.

It's implemented in NeoGamma now, available as sneek in the video patch option, and i already contacted the CFG team. I tested it on one game that requires video mode patching to foce NTSC480i, and it worked(same as the other patches...).

My point is:
There are a lot of games where the old video mode patches fail to force PAL/NTSC480i and progressive video mode. I simply want to know which patch works better, please test/report both seperately, thank you.

PS: Here's my implementation of it:
void sneek_video_patch(void *addr, u32 len)
{
u8 *addr_start = addr;
u8 *addr_end = addr+len;

while(addr_start < addr_end)
{
if( *(vu32*)(addr_start) == 0x3C608000 )
{
if( ((*(vu32*)(addr_start+4) & 0xFC1FFFFF ) == 0x800300CC) && ((*(vu32*)(addr_start+8) >> 24) == 0x54 ) )
{
//dbgprintf("DIP:[patcher] Found VI pattern:%08X\n", (u32)(addr_start) | 0x80000000 );
*(vu32*)(addr_start+4) = 0x5400F0BE | ((*(vu32*)(addr_start+4) & 0x3E00000) >> 5 );
}
}
addr_start += 4;
}
}

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm Wiiless just now but I thought someone would have tried this out if they have a problem game...

Anyway, thought I may as well bump this and ask a question as I usually only play PAL on PAL, so have never had this problem myself.

What games does this affect ??

Anyone know... ? ? ?

Post a name, a list of them if you can and maybe, just maybe someone will try the two diff patches and post some results.

Or, just bump the topic to keep it active until someone will do some testing. It wont affect me, but it's a shame to see WiiPower not getting helped when he's helped hundreds if not thousands of people.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
hackotedelaplaque said:
So games like Shiren the Wanderer NTSC are fixed on a PAL Wii ?

No one knows yet, but if that's one of the "problem games" thanks for posting it's name
smile.gif

Does anyone have this and have problems ?? Will you try the new patch and post results ? ? ?

rolleyes.gif

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
bugaveli said:
i need to try pikmin 2 pa to ntsc, ill report back when im done. but it pissed me off and i hold a grudge

Lol, i think that's the game Crediar updated his patch for. (the one in NeoGamma is the updated one, before you ask)

bugaveli

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried it, using force ntsc 480i and 480p, and wii default, sneek patch still not working (my tv wont support pal settings so i get blackscreen with audio, and i clearly here PIKMIIIIIN, tried setting patch country strings as well. Im probably an idiot though and missed something.

edit: also tried sneek +more and sneek+all and still the same, blackscreen with audio.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
bugaveli said:
Just tried it, using force ntsc 480i and 480p, and wii default, sneek patch still not working (my tv wont support pal settings so i get blackscreen with audio, and i clearly here PIKMIIIIIN, tried setting patch country strings as well. Im probably an idiot though and missed something

Blackscreen with audio???

You can try to combine the video mode patches, i really think that Crediar wrote that patch for Pikmin 2 PAL on NTSC Wiis.

bugaveli

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea on other loaders when i force i get wiimote drop and nothing on screen no audio, but when i use default settings i get blackscreen with audio, i assume its my tv saying no to the scrolling screen. the goddamn thing isnt even a year old and cost a fortune and it cant read pal signals lol.
nintendo component cables that im using BTW
this deepens my grudge with pikmin 2 lol

tried vidpatch on/off, patch country strings on/off force wii, ntsc480p ntsc480i, and still get no video.
btw i have alot of respect for you and am definitely NOT bitching about anything.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Component cables you say? Then only try NTSC480p and PAL480p(yes).

Alternatively, you can try with the crap cable, it will be 480i only if it works, but i think that's better than black and white.

luminalace

Trophies
XP
Country
Anything I can do to help? I have over 160 games on disk and I own a PAL wii but all my games work fine using current methods in Neo Gamma!

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
luminalace said:
Anything I can do to help? I have over 160 games on disk and I own a PAL wii but all my games work fine using current methods in Neo Gamma!

If you are really really bored you can try to force NTSC480i on your games. Then find the games that freeze in a green screen with that. Then try the regular video mode patches on them(just "all" should be enough). And then if you found a game that does not work with the old video mode patches, then try the sneek video mode patch.

Oh and if you don't have a rgb cable, you can only confirm that the game can be booted with the patch, not that it is actually using NTSC video mode, so...

luminalace

Trophies
XP
Country
I can't do that tonight...Saturday night in Australia and I have a party to go to but I can try that tomoz!

I have only component cables!

Any problem games you can suggest I try first?

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
luminalace said:
I can't do that tonight...Saturday night in Australia and I have a party to go to but I can try that tomoz!

I have only component cables!

Any problem games you can suggest I try first?

Then the i modes might not work. And well, you can test if you have some a way to be certain that it's using progressive video mode, and then if the current patches fail. But testing NTSC480p won't be necessary, there isn't really a difference between PAL480p and NTSC480p.

Short: Don't test

turbotronic

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
got mario sluggers (ntsc-u) finally working on pal wii with force ntsc and sneek videopatch (with cfg loader v58a).
tried every single option/patch/cios base before to get i working... always blackscreened and wiimotes where unable to sync...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Diddy - "I never touched her, that bitch is crazy." Video is released. Diddy - " Ok I did it, i am remorseful for my actions during my darkest times." Lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Glad that the Diddler got caught once again.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Iran ran out of options
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought I saw my ex on that new kingdom of the Apes poster
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I thought I saw a puttie snatch...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm so pumped, NCAA football video game is back after a 10 year hiatus, coming to SeriesS/X, PS5 in July.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love and own on disc still, that is not back compatible, bs.
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @BigOnYa My dad recently bought a spare Series X off of me, got game pass, and saw Madden '24 on Game Pass, decided to try it out.

...He was a bit taken aback by the 60GB download size. Poor guy's still living in the 90s!
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AdenTheThird, Bro's still in the PS2 age.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @K3Nv2 He was looking into consoles for his house anyway (for my younger siblings and himself) and I had a spare XSX and Switch I ended up selling him at pretty steep cuts. I would just give them to him, but I did buy them with the intent to sell them... and college is super expensive.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A little yeah...
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: A little yeah...