Hacking New Wii Loader App

trent_fox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After working out most of the bugs of my last app, I started work on my next.

I read through the source code of wiiload.exe and wrote up a more advanced version.

This program lets you send ELF/DOL files to your Wii over your network. I made it so it reads in the same way HBC does, ie. get info from meta.xml and get an image from logo.png; so you can download from this thread, extract it, and be on your merry way. You can also just stick ELF/DOL files right into the apps folder and it'll list the files, but obviously without any of the fancy description or icon. There's also a manual load option that let's you browse your computer and load homebrew from where ever you may be keeping it.

wiiloader1.png
wiiloader2.png

Download: http://foxingworth.com/wii/wii_loader_gui.zip

Please let me know how it works out for you. I tried to test it as much as I could, but I'm sure bugs will creep up.

Known bugs:
Transparencies in the icons don't work right, so some icons look kind of cruddy. It's the crappy PNG library I'm using, I gotta work it out.

deba94

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Kudos! I'll test this ASAP
smile.gif

EDIT: I got an error when double clicking the "Wii Loader GUI"

Error:
Component 'MSWINSCK.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid.

deba94

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Great! I'll test it out again.
smile.gif

EDIT: Exact same error... Is there something we need to do before to get this working? Or is it supposed to be an "unzip and go" type of thing?

trent_fox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Deba, it should be unzip and go. Make sure that MSWINSCK.OCX is in the same folder as the application.

apcarr: Are you still having the forcefully rejected error, or is that better now? That sounds like the IP is wrong.

deba94

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I see 2 files (MSWINSCK.OCX and Wii Loader GUI.exe) and a folder (apps). I just unziped the file and double clicked the application and still got the error.

Running windows Vista if that matters.

trent_fox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should load the mswinsck file out of the same folder, but if it's not, try moving MSWINSCK.OCX to C:\Windows\system32 and seeing if then runs.

apcarr

Trophies
XP
Country
OK got it to work,had to load the homebrew channel press exit but didnt(network not initialized)press exit again(net id was then shown)sent test.elf.
geckloader test screen

so other than my network not starting straight away it worked a treat,well done and cheers this will be very handy,saves you removing your sd card all the time.

trent_fox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, sometimes the homebrew channel doesn't initialize the network. If the little globe icon in the bottom right corner doesn't come on, you can click it with the Wiimote and it'll try to start it again.

deba94

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
trent_fox said:
It should load the mswinsck file out of the same folder, but if it's not, try moving MSWINSCK.OCX to C:\Windows\system32 and seeing if then runs.
Tried that (copied that file to that directory) and still didn't work.

trent_fox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deba: Go to the Start button and in the search bar, type 'cmd' and press enter. Then type 'regsvr32 mswinsck.ocx' and press enter again.

Oh and don't forget to cross your fingers. Btw, are you running a 64-bit version of Windows?

trent_fox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you logged in as an administrator? From googling around, it looks like that error code is a permissions issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.pcgamer.com/gaming-industry/sony-apologizes-for-sony-interview-with-sony-developer-ne...