Gaming New Wii U Mario game confirmed for E3

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found it to be one of the greatest RPGs in existence for the above reasons, as well as because it blends various Western RPG inspired elements without going overboard. Not too mention the music is amazing (definitely some of the best there is), the dub is well done (and if one doesn't like it, they can just play the Japanese track), the character's are relate-able, the mechanics are just plain great, the environments are gorgeous- though it only gets better as one progresses. Depending on what you did during that hour...well, the story gets pretty mature pretty quick at one point. But still, it's not for everyone, as is any game, and I won't try to persuade you into liking the game, because that would be inconsiderate.

Environnments are "gorgeous" if it was a PS2. It's not Skyrim. Not by a long shot.

I mean I can't say too much since I didn't play too much but it just seemed uninteresting. Sidequests felt really mundane, the "open world" felt average, the combat and mechanics felt just boring and bland.

I feel people make too much out of Xenoblade than it's actually worth. In all honesty if it was a Xbox 360 or PS3 game then it'd be given much lower marks.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found it to be one of the greatest RPGs in existence for the above reasons, as well as because it blends various Western RPG inspired elements without going overboard. Not too mention the music is amazing (definitely some of the best there is), the dub is well done (and if one doesn't like it, they can just play the Japanese track), the character's are relate-able, the mechanics are just plain great, the environments are gorgeous- though it only gets better as one progresses. Depending on what you did during that hour...well, the story gets pretty mature pretty quick at one point. But still, it's not for everyone, as is any game, and I won't try to persuade you into liking the game, because that would be inconsiderate.

Environnments are "gorgeous" if it was a PS2. It's not Skyrim. Not by a long shot.

I mean I can't say too much since I didn't play too much but it just seemed uninteresting. Sidequests felt really mundane, the "open world" felt average, the combat and mechanics felt just boring and bland.

I feel people make too much out of Xenoblade than it's actually worth. In all honesty if it was a Xbox 360 or PS3 game then it'd be given much lower marks.
I doubt it, because the art direction is so well done that people don't care so much about the technicalities of the graphics, it seems people actually do care more about graphics than just how old or new it looks, like the art style, direction, and the various other factors employed in art itself.

The sidequests are completely optional and can be mundane, but they're mostly there to give you something to do while you're out exploring and to give you an incentive to explore, and it does it well later on (not far later) as stronger enemies, gems, and new weapons are introduced and become essential.

Honestly, at the beginning, I wasn't expecting much, but when I got to Bionis' Leg, that's when my opinion of the game shot up.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
No more Super Mario Galaxy series or sequel to Super Mario 64. A brand new HD Mario is a plus!
How would that work? All the 3D Mario games have essentially been reimagind "evolutions" of Mario, and 64, Sunshine, and Galaxy each had enough differences in mechanics and gameplay to truly be different from each other, imo. To say "No Super Mario 64 sequels" to Mario is kinda like saying "No Ocarina of Time" sequels to Zelda.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/Rx-KuevU4h4?si=1MoSvL-y5fFFHf58 Damn kinda sad for Iran