I own this desert, bitches!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
QUOTE said:
This is the shit that fucking pisses me off we bought the damn thing we have the right to do any god damn thing to it or on it that we the OWNERS so choose. WE have the right to run anything on it and if that is a flash cart we have the damn right to. They have no rights to tell us that the $300 product that we bought and DAMN RIGHT OWN is not ours to do with what we please.

Customers are always right?
ph34r.gif

Still I think that some day, this will be cracked/bypassed.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This doesn't make sense. If the 3DS can detect that a flashcart is used, why wouldn't the 3DS not block it? I think the 3DS doesn't know the difference between the retail Alex Stormrider and the flashcart headers.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Gamer4life said:
This is the shit that fucking pisses me off we bought the damn thing we have the right to do any god damn thing to it or on it that we the OWNERS so choose. WE have the right to run anything on it and if that is a flash cart we have the damn right to. They have no rights to tell us that the $300 product that we bought and DAMN RIGHT OWN is not ours to do with what we please.

Sure, you can do whatever you want with it, as long as it doesn't involve Nintendo. You know, like using their services, or even in the case when your device bricks from using such modifications. Nintendo has the right to refuse the repair because of you not following their "guidelines". Your $300 product would then be a unusable scrap of metal.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
DiscostewSM said:
Gamer4life said:

Sure, you can do whatever you want with it, as long as it doesn't involve Nintendo. You know, like using their services, or even in the case when your device bricks from using such modifications. Nintendo has the right to refuse the repair because of you not following their "guidelines". Your $300 product would then be a unusable scrap of metal.

Denying services such as updates and online functionality is one thing. Purposely bricking hardware is another. Apple was boiled in the proverbial oil because of the same thing. There is a legal precedent for this sort of thing, and if Nintendo follows through with this, it won't be pretty.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
TwinRetro said:
DiscostewSM said:
Gamer4life said:

Denying services such as updates and online functionality is one thing. Purposely bricking hardware is another. Apple was boiled in the proverbial oil because of the same thing. There is a legal precedent for this sort of thing, and if Nintendo follows through with this, it won't be pretty.

It is still a rumor that they'd purposefully brick their own units. As it is right now, flashcard and modifications do not, and will never, have any guarantees that what they do won't interfere with normal device operations. If Nintendo allowed their own units to brick themselves, then they'd run the risk of bricking even without a single modification, as a glitch in the company's own system could trigger it. That will be a far more costly venue to be replacing every affected unit because they forced them into that situation. If the units do record when flashcards and/or modifications were used on the units, then how could Nintendo tell the difference if their own glitch wrote in an entry saying that such things were used when it truthfully was not?

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remember how the hinges on the DS Lite broke, especially on the right side?

I had another problem with my Lite once, it would randomly power off in the middle of gameplay. So I bought an Intec battery off of Amazon, and put it in, and it changed nothing.

(so this was a few years ago, I was probably 14 or 15) my mom and I called Nintendo, and she told them the problems while I told her what to say (was phone shy). She then says that I bought a spare battery and it didn't fix the problem.

"Is it an official Nintendo battery?"
"No, it is an Intec one."
"Stop using it right away, using unofficial batteries has broken many units beyond use."
"Okay"

Did it ever break my DS? No. Nor did the replacement touchscreen I put in or the clear casemod, or my Ez 3in1 or my iTouchDS RTS, or FlashMe.

Probably gonna put new L/R buttons in it soon, which possibly will break it.

TL;DR - load o' shit.

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
atleast there not sueing, i never actually seen a reason for useing a flash cart on the3DS.
i have a DS & DSi, i have 3 flash carts but i only use them for game development/homebrew,
i don tdo the pirating thing. i like my games to have that new game smell .

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
nintendo themselves refuse to tell whether the system will be blocked or the services that nintendo provide ie. wifi and firmware updates
if its wifi, i have no issue at all esp since a CFW would be made (definitely). Still doesnt make sense that nintendo would make a 3ds unbootable, unless the cart (flashcart that is) becomes unbootable (through internal hardware identification or something)

Warren_303

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SpaceJump said:
This doesn't make sense. If the 3DS can detect that a flashcart is used, why wouldn't the 3DS not block it? I think the 3DS doesn't know the difference between the retail Alex Stormrider and the flashcart headers.

I have a feeling that nintendo wants to know how many people use flash carts, so that's gotta be the main reason why they made the 3DS this way. I don't see another reason why they would not block known flash carts.

Then I'm sure they will say all of those users are stealing games when a majority of them just can't afford the games and wouldn't be able to buy them anyway, but of course a business wouldn't think using flash carts is ok just because of that.

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now, running pirated games on the 3DS is obviously wrong, but the use of flashcarts for homebrew purposes isn't. And the claim that they can brick your system as actually illegal in the US. Under no circumstances can they brick a system just because you don't use Nintendo approved hardware on their gaming systems. That is grounds for a lawsuit.

You bought the system, and you might use it to just run homebrew, but if they can brick it then they can do it whenever they want, whether or not you ran flashcarts. They would be taking away your money, which is effectively stealing from you. You paid $300 for the 3DS, and your flash cart cost $20-$50. Even if you pirated just one game, that's still only

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Warren_303 said:
I have a feeling that nintendo wants to know how many people use flash carts, so that's gotta be the main reason why they made the 3DS this way. I don't see another reason why they would not block known flash carts.

Then I'm sure they will say all of those users are stealing games when a majority of them just can't afford the games and wouldn't be able to buy them anyway, but of course a business wouldn't think using flash carts is ok just because of that.

Except that Nintendo did block flashcarts at first until the flashcarts updated themselves. If they could still detect the flashcarts after this, they would block them, yet they don't. You're not going to have a "detect and block" and "detect but don't block" mode, that's just unbelivably silly.

SylvWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BlueStar said:
Yes, and I've also read ToS's from systems as far back as the PS2 warning that unauthorised modification of your device may render it unusable. In fact, when I had to get my PS1 repaired, they asked if I'd used any third party controllers on it and warned me if I did it might break the system and would mean they would refuse to repair it.
Yeah, we almost weren't able to get our PS2's DRE issue fixed because of something like this.

I highly doubt Nintendo will brick the systems that use piracy. They'd never even know if you didn't configure it for your net. I think we're getting into a time when console/handheld piracy means giving up all internet capabilities. We're already seeing that on 360 and PS3 (to different extents) and I'm sure Nintendo is itching to catch up.

Naridar

Excelsior!
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I'm not an expert in laws regarding technology and software, but I highly doubt this is legal. This would be creating a monopoly on the market (imagine it... no 3rd party batteries, chargers, complete control over game publishing), which conflicts with the freedom of the market, protected very strictly in the US and most of Europe (in Hungary, while pretty lax, there still are many laws against monopolies).

Whisky1981

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Eh....I dont give a s**t. They can put in the terms of agreement that I become their slave if I agree but that dosent stand in court. They cant intentionally brick your BOUGHT hardware because you stick something else in it that you were not supposed to....come on.....

Anyway when I buy this console (and I will only if it will be hacked) I will never update it and I will never go online with it because I just wanna play games in my own privacy and not with other freaks that are able to do 100 jumps a second in a FPS (I know, bad example but you know what I mean). And if games will need updates to play I am sure there will be a way to patch 'em.

So screw this, I am giving 250€ for a console, thats enough. If they sell 40.000.000 units and with piracy enabled this number will be x5 they will make 10.000.000.000€. So if their profit is of 30% this means they make a clear 3.000.000.000€. They can take 1.000.000.000€ in their pockets, 1.000.000.000€ for the developement of a new console and 1.000.000.000€ for game developement and I dont need 300 IMAGINE & Co. titles couse they suck.

Thats it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been taking fiber pills, eating more grapes, switched to wheat bread in hopes to lower it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like wheat bread, I even like the chunky wheat bread with pieces of whole grain in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Been getting this honey wheat bread from aldis pretty decent not very sweet to out do it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Me making any food at home is an improvement to how I use to be
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have an bread machine and use it alot, better than breads you buy, but don't last as long, cause no bs preservatives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got compliments about my weight loss and thought well guess I can pig out again now I'm the piggy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Baby Rays isn't that what killed the crocodile hunter?
    If only he had done an endorsement for them....
    Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits you right in the chest!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    My phone only has 13% battery so i don't have much time left
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Now 12%
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday, btw
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Happy birthday, btw