Nintendo Releases New Wii Firmware

cardtrix

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just updated. When I tried moving HBC to SD card it worked fine. But when I tried to boot HBC from the SD it said there was a problem and I cannot move the HBC back to the wii's menu. I'm screwed.
Update: I also did the same with my installed 'wad' channels, they too do not work and cannot be copied back.

drmarvin

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does this update nuke preloader? I assume it probably blows out backup loading from the Disc channel. Do backup loaders (like softchip) still work? Does Homebrew Launcher (because I love the SMB loading) still work?

Thanks

PS: Anyone tried GHWT/RB2 DLC using an SDHC card? I'm pretty sure I'm getting to the end of the 2 GB card I have. I think that would be my selling feature. Or if we can get an cIOS update that would give us the same thing.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
The thing I'm wondering is: if you run a game from sd, does it really run from sd itself - or is it first copied quickly to nand?

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gamer said:
Tigran said:
I just installed Bit.Trip Beat with no problem using Wad Manager v.1.21

Wow, nice to hear that. Do you had any cIOS installed before upgrading?

Yeah.. I've installed all the usual cIOS because of wanting to run my games without updating before *such as Madworld*

ddp127

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
wow, when i first read this, i thought it was a april fools joke
tongue.gif

would be great if waninkoko can get this work with that iso loader from nand
biggrin.gif

Gullwing

homo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is there any possible way to load non-buyed wiiware/vc games from the new sd launcher thing without installing wads? It seems more easy that way...

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've moved my homebrew channel.. and it doesn't seem to want to work now, nor return to the system menu. I may have screwed myself.

xiaNaix

Trophies
Website
xiaNaix.net
XP
Country
United States
WII_ND_DS_USER_997 said:
do installed wads still work

Yes but you will not be able to move them from system memory to SD and back again. You may not be able to install any more wads either. Why are you people updating when Marcan and Bushing have warned against it? Sheesh!

Gullwing

homo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tigran said:
Gamer said:
Tigran said:
I just installed Bit.Trip Beat with no problem using Wad Manager v.1.21

Wow, nice to hear that. Do you had any cIOS installed before upgrading?

Yeah.. I've installed all the usual cIOS because of wanting to run my games without updating before *such as Madworld*
The usual cIOS? Which means? I want to install this cIOS so I can install wads in my wii later... can someone give me directions on the CIOS things? Sorry I'm a noob in this section... Also I have hombrew channel.... will geckoos and wad installer work after the update without the CIOS?

djbubba2002

Trophies
XP
Country
During Satoru Iwata's GDC keynote Nintendo was sneaky enough to release a Wii update for all regions - This features two long-wanted new things for your Wii!

First off, you can now finally do what Nintendo promised months ago. If you update your Wii now you will get a little blue icon of an SD card at the bottom of your Wii Menu - Clicking it lets you instantly play any VC or WiiWare game you've got on it!

But that's not even the biggest news - If you go into the Wii Shop you'll find that Nintendo has added a new system to the mix. And it's Arcade! In both Europe and the US you can now download the following four for 500 Wii Points each (Except the first which is 600 in the US):

Gaplus (Namco)
Mappy (Namco)
Star Force (Tecmo)
The Tower of Druaga (Namco)

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AXYPB said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't homebrew support SDHC already?

HBC supports SDHC already but this sdhc update is good for people that download wiiware and virtual console games because now they no longer need to delete anything from the wii menu to put a new game when they are out of memory if i'm correct.

now the bad thing is even if the homebrew channel still works it really is useless if you update.i didn't update but i hear things like emulators don't work.

also i have to know is this a 3.5 update or 4.0 because there is a thread saying this is a 3.5 around right now and also a 4.0.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2e1d3daJ0HE