Nintendo Releases New Wii Firmware

Phil :: CSF

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's maybe just me, but I'm confused about people asking if System Menu 4.0 is working with SoftMii, cIOS, Backup Loader, and other software hacks.

If you're using software backup solutions, then there's a 98% probability that you're using pirated WAD games. The only thing this firmware update does is the option to move a channel to SD card and boot from there (which it doesn't actually do, just a half-assed hackjob), and it's already been confirmed several times that pirated WADs will not work with the new SD card channel.

...so why would you want to update? I can't see the logic in all this stupidity.

jackdanielchan

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a work around for playing pirated wads off the sd card? 'Cos I play non-legits alot. Or is there some sort of homebrew thing, that will allow you to download the menu, without all the hack stops and ios's?

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
My friend had me install HBC, and than disregarded my "Don't update to 3.4 just in case" warning. His Wii shop channel stopped working, the backup loader went kaput and downgrading did nothing. Will having him update fix it?

squablo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed softmii to bypass the firmware check when I bought madworld. Madworld requried a system update in order to play it. I am on 3.2, and enjoy my homebrew and didnt want to lose it by updating but also have bought a lot of games from the VC. I want to be able to play all my games without having to copy stuff back and forth. If you have a few Wiiware games, it takes up a lot of space.

So Im wondering if I do the update what will happen with the wii having softmii and preloader installed. If I update, I wouldnt need that stuff installed, but I dont want to lose homebrew either

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Triple post
blush.gif

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
kedest said:
The thing I'm wondering is: if you run a game from sd, does it really run from sd itself - or is it first copied quickly to nand?
Most likely from the card itself. SD cards are plenty fast enough to load the games, heck if I can load Guitar Hero World Tour and Rock Band 2 tracks directly off my regular slower SD card, it should be highly possible to play these tiny games on software that does not require a lot of power to run in the first place.

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok I know this has been asked 1000 time but I want to make sure myself.....If i update will there be any problems with any of my homebrews or homebrews I may want to download in the future.

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok....I'll go ahead and update tomorrow just in case someone has a problem because unlike my PS2 and DS, the is much harder to homebrew and I say that only because i have no copy of Zelda-TP on me anymore and won't for awhile and I love my homebrew channel and wad manager

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i know this was probably asked but if i update do i have to make sure the homebrew channel is in my sd card for me to use it even though i'm going to keep a copy of it in my system menu.also if i update with cioscrop installed and preloader is there a chance of my wii being bricked during this process of updating.

also i here emulators don't work if updated is this true.

i want to know if this is also true does does things like gamma launcher and gamecube launcher or even playing through the disc channel if cioscorp is still around after the update still work.

i can see according to King_of_kings The homebrew channel and my wad manager channel work perfectly but how much of the homebrew channel works perfect.can anyone that updated tell me if mplayer ce works still.

these are things i need to know to consider updating.i will tell you i don't really use the launchers that much anymore but its good to if they work or not either way.

thanks in advance

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
DSGamer64 said:
kedest said:
The thing I'm wondering is: if you run a game from sd, does it really run from sd itself - or is it first copied quickly to nand?
Most likely from the card itself. SD cards are plenty fast enough to load the games, heck if I can load Guitar Hero World Tour and Rock Band 2 tracks directly off my regular slower SD card, it should be highly possible to play these tiny games on software that does not require a lot of power to run in the first place.

actually if you read at hackmii, this is hust an automated process of copying data

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
this update sounds good and all but the best thing to do is wait the pros release infromation and possibly ways to harness this new sd ability.

john25usa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
does anyone know if you install a WAD (commercial and/or homebrew) via WAD installer, update from 3.2E to 4.0E then copy the game onto an SD card will you be able to run it or does the 3.3 update still apply whereas any unofficial channels won't run? I'm not asking anyone to test it out for me, but if you know the answer please tell me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Baby Rays isn't that what killed the crocodile hunter?
    If only he had done an endorsement for them....
    Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits you right in the chest!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    My phone only has 13% battery so i don't have much time left
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Now 12%
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday, btw
    Time is running out for your phone!
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    https://youtu.be/JmSqorj-EC0?si=vYqR8D7FZeO4N-TH
    At 1 AM, this video is the funniest thing in the world
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Notes on Android got some cool new features like dropping a image in
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Notes on Android got some cool new features like dropping a image in