Nintendo RVL-D-9B4P "Super Mario Galaxy 2" Disc

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I see no picture, but I guess you're asking about the cardboard box with the Wii game and a DVD?

I have no idea if it's rare, but with how the second hand market is and how greedy people in retro gaming have become, I wouldn't be surprised finding someone tryign to peddle it at a high price with a big "Collector" written somewhere.

For whatever that's worth, that's the version I bought back in the day and did not have any higher price than the game alone. I still have both the box and the disc. The DVD is just a tutorial, not just for the game itself but how to even use a Wiimote and the Nunchuk. I guess it's amusing to be reassured that yes, if you press Right, your character moves Right.

I don't remember it to be particularly important or valuable as information for the most part, although it had a couple things some people did not know about, like the double kick attack if you spin as you long-jumped or showing some cooler techniques or small gameplay moments at the end of it.

And this tutorial was from what I read available on the Nintendo Channel too. You can even watch the entire thing in Youtube nowadays.

It's a curious little bit of history of Nintendo, back when a huge influx of new players entered the hobby and felt the need to explain or help them, sometimes putting a lot more weight that I feel it was really needed.

This reminded me of a DVD-walkthrough for Super Mario Sunshine came with certain Nintendo Magazines and had a lot more effort put to it than I expected, capturing all that footage to show how to beat each mission. I wish that got preserved, I lost mine...

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Thank you.😉👍
I see no picture

Here we go:

IMG_20230818_180914[1].jpg

IMG_20230818_180948[1].jpg

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Looks like some odd Guide DVD. I would assume it is from some 3rd party that Nintendo allowed them to release.
Seems to be official/licensed. At least it has that logo
Original
(Nintendo)
Seal of
Quality

@Alexander1970 Interesting. I've never seen this. Probably part of the first pressing of the game. Guess who only got the Selects version?

Could you post metadata of the video DVD?
  • Name?
  • Data size? Number of layers?
  • Video length?
  • CSS protection? Does it set Macrovision flag?
  • Region Code? (It says 2 and 4 on the printing, but what does the disc say in a PC?)
Strange they gave it an RVL part number when being a standard video DVD that is (by default) not playable on Wii.

• Love
Reactions: Alexander1970

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: gimme