Homebrew Nintendo Upgraded new 3ds to 11.0 now what?

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
I guess. BUT I still think a hardmod is the way to go. But after that you will have to get it repaired at 3rd party stores.
or, just do it yourself, it's not hard tbh. Unless you screw up the motherboard itself, in which case.... good luck fixing it by yourself.

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
You do realise installing A9LH will void your warranty, right?
It does, but you can always go back and send it to Nintendo untouched, how are you gonna do that with a fricking hole in the console, see what Im saying?
Buy a new one, install A9LH if something like this C-Stick scenario happens again you just revert it back and youre good. Install a hardmod and you can kiss your warranty goodbye ;)
Im not anti-hardmod or anything but theres literally no point in doing one since you can easily sell your console buy a new one which is 100% bellow 10.7 and install A9LH onto it, and when and if it breaks you revert back to a legit FW and send it to Nintendo. Repeat the cycle, profit.

Deleted member 381889

Guide Writer
Trophies
XP
It does, but you can always go back and send it to Nintendo untouched, how are you gonna do that with a fricking hole in the console, see what Im saying?
Buy a new one, install A9LH if something like this C-Stick scenario happens again you just revert it back and youre good. Install a hardmod and you can kiss your warranty goodbye ;)
Im not anti-hardmod or anything but theres literally no point in doing one since you can easily sell your console buy a new one which is 100% bellow 10.7 and install A9LH onto it, and when and if it breaks you revert back to a legit FW and send it to Nintendo. Repeat the cycle, profit.
-shrug- suit yourself. I personally fix my consoles myself, so I don't have to worry about Stabletendo rejecting my console.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Again the best way for him would be selling his console and buying a new one instead of doing a hardmode, why? Well a hardmode gets you what, the loss of your warranty. So the best course here would be to sell his 3DS which still has a valid warranty list BTW, buy a new one, install A9LH and profit.
Warranty is pretty crap in US anyway and he's not likely to be needing it before it's expired. Nintendo will repair a modded console but they'll charge for it. Which is the same situation he'd be in anyway if he was past the warranty period.
He will likely lose more money by selling his console and buying a new one than what a hardmod would cost him.
I doubt his C-stick problem was a software one, so restoring a NAND backup probably wouldn't help. And if it was a software problem, he'd be able to reflash sysNAND to emuNAND or restore an emuNAND backup to fix the problem. No A9LH needed.

Reactions: gnmmarechal

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo's warranties are so garbage. They last for 1 year I believe and its unlikely any damage could occur within that short amount of time (yes 1 year is small for a gaming device)

If they wanted to entice consumers they should allow the warranty for the entire generation the device is supported and I bet it would deter people from doing homebrew too.

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
You realize hardmods can be reversable.

a_running_pir8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, to the people recommending a hardmod, make sure that your serial number is the same as the one you sent in. Chances are it isn't. Usually with consoles when you send them in for warranty they are simply thrown in a "repair pile" while an already refurbished console is sent out. This would make a hardmod useless.

tvall

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, to the people recommending a hardmod, make sure that your serial number is the same as the one you sent in. Chances are it isn't. Usually with consoles when you send them in for warranty they are simply thrown in a "repair pile" while an already refurbished console is sent out. This would make a hardmod useless.

hardmod is still useful. downgrade the native_firm and then use svchax or whatever its called now. like people did on 10.4. still works.

a_running_pir8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hardmod is still useful. downgrade the native_firm and then use svchax or whatever its called now. like people did on 10.4. still works.

Just making sure the dude doesn't go and try and flash an old nand is all. Chances are if he came on here asking for help and everyone just yells "hardmod!" that he might try it.

tvall

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just making sure the dude doesn't go and try and flash an old nand is all. Chances are if he came on here asking for help and everyone just yells "hardmod!" that he might try it.
well he should be making a backup before he flashes anything anyway. because everyone knows to have redundant backups of everything. right?
I wish i could say that without sarcasm..

phalk

Handheld Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

This is useful information

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
It's easy to learn soldering just get a soldering iron and practice a bit before doing the hard mod to your 3ds cause you don't want to fry it. There heaps tuts on YouTube to learn how to solder. You also need the things required to hardmod it idk what you need i think its an sd card adapter and a reader and some wires but ask some one who knows about hard mods that.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

1) If you're not good at soldering, get someone else to do it for you. (e.g. if you are in the UK ask gamesquest1)
2) Getting it hardmodded, or doing it yourself, is a lot shorter than putting your 3ds on ebay, selling it, posting it, finding out that your package was lost, finding it again, sending it again, looking for an exploitable one on the internet, finding that someone else nabbed your order, finding another one after 72 hours, then ordering it, find out that your paypal locked out, getting it back, finding out someone stole all your money, then loaning some from your parents, then your parents disowning you, then you find out that you're homeless.

Getting it Hardmodded = Win
Selling and Buying it on eBay = You become homeless.

It all adds up ^_^
He could just sell it to game stop i know they won't give him much money for it but when systems break for me i don't bother sending them into nintedo and just buy a new system. Also if you get one brand new it will not have 11.0 on it still since the updates only like a mouth old

also if you hardmod and your 3ds breaks like screen cracked or some thing nintedo will not fix it

So I had a 9.2 New 3ds that had a broken C Stick. I had menuHAX and all of my emuNAND on my SD card which I removed. I wiped my data and I sent it in to nintendo and they repaired it and sent it back to me. But unfortunately they upgraded to 11.0.

Im pretty upset. But Im trying to figure out what I have to do to be able to load up my Gateway Card and Luma 3ds CFW. Are my only hopes right now the SSB Beacon HAX and freakyform? If I am on 11.0 I can load up that exploit then from the HBL load my gateway Homebrew or Luma 3DS?
you could have put 11.0 frankin firmware on it to prevent that it means installing the old native firm on 11.0 firm on emunand then flashing it to your sysnand

Last edited by hacksn5s4,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right... +1