Homebrew Nintendo Upgraded new 3ds to 11.0 now what?

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
C
Another two options. One is a hardmod and the plaintext downgrade. The other is to send it to someone who can do the plaintext downgrade.

That is also a good way to corrupt your files. Electrical tape does not hold that well. If those wires slip and touch something critical. A spark, a wisp of smoke, a dead console....
hum, the hardmod would allow him to downgrade NATIVE_FIRM without a previous NAND backup. Just saying.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nope. That's a minor reason. The biggest reason for no software-based downgrades on 11.0 is the minimum-version check, which doesn't allow you to install older titles. Even if we had an ARM11 kernel exploit, we wouldn't be able to downgrade via software on 11.0. To bypass the check we'd need an ARM9 exploit, rendering any downgrade useless (except for people who want to downgrade to 2.1.0 for the OTP)
Or you could spoof the update files

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
C

Or you could spoof the update files
no, you can't. With an ARM11 kernel exploit, you can only install legit CIAs. By modifying an update CIA (ex. by changing version number), it is no longer legit, and can't be installed.

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Another two options. One is a hardmod and the plaintext downgrade. The other is to send it to someone who can do the plaintext downgrade.

That is also a good way to corrupt your files. Electrical tape does not hold that well. If those wires slip and touch something critical. A spark, a wisp of smoke, a dead console....
well a console on 11.0 shit for hacking so treat it as a broken console if you like hacking on the 3ds

no, you can't. With an ARM11 kernel exploit, you can only install legit CIAs. By modifying an update CIA (ex. by changing version number), it is no longer legit, and can't be installed.
I ment spoof it as a legit update like spoof 9.2 as 10.7 also I thought installing legit cias only appled to games since they won,t let you launch them

Last edited by hacksn5s4,

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Do you even know what the plaintext downgrade is? It allows you to downgrade the native firm so that you have access to fully downgrading to 9.2. It works on firmwaree 11.0.
But have to hard mod the guy should have thought about it before sending into Nintendo and putting 11.0 with an older native firm on his sysnand then he can downgrade and restore his band back up

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
well a console on 11.0 shit for hacking so treat it as a broken console if you like hacking on the 3ds

I ment spoof it as a legit update like spoof 9.2 as 10.7 also I thought installing legit cias only appled to games since they won,t let you launch them
... You again? Please LEARN FFS.

The only way to spoof an update's version is by changing its version number afaik. Which would make it impossible to install if changed.

Also, no, a legit CIA is any universally-signed CIA. Any firmware CIA IS a legit CIA.

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Eh if you got 11.0 I'd just say buy another console if you don,t want to bother with hard modding and sell it so you can also use that money towards getting a new one

Last edited by hacksn5s4,

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Eh if you got 11.0 I'd just say buy another console if you don,t want to bother with hard modding and sell it so you can also use that money towards getting a new one
A hardmod is good. It keeps you safer.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

a_running_pir8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hum, the hardmod would allow him to downgrade NATIVE_FIRM without a previous NAND backup. Just saying.

I still don't think you read that right...

Scenario:
Console A was sent in...he has nand for 9.2 on console A
Console B was received as refurbished...he flashes Console A 9.2 to Console B
Brick
No Backup

Just preventing a brick is all...crazy people just get all antsy in their pantsy and start flashing sometimes like that

Reactions: vb_encryption_vb

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
I still don't think you read that right...

Scenario:
Console A was sent in...he has nand for 9.2 on console A
Console B was received as refurbished...he flashes Console A 9.2 to Console B
Brick
No Backup

Just preventing a brick is all...crazy people just get all antsy in their pantsy and start flashing sometimes like that
He doesn't flash his 9.2 backup with the hardmod....
You downgrade NATIVE_FIRM via plaintext attack... and from there it'll be as if it was a 10.7 system.

Reactions: Xiphiidae

Elucidate

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
... You again? Please LEARN FFS.

The only way to spoof an update's version is by changing its version number afaik. Which would make it impossible to install if changed.

Also, no, a legit CIA is any universally-signed CIA. Any firmware CIA IS a legit CIA.

You would need nintendy's auth keys to do it.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
only from bricks if theirs physical damage happens to your 3ds nintedo will not fix it because of the hardmod
how hard do you think it is to fix a 3DS? It's not that hard m8. Also, 3rd party repair centers exist.

You would need nintendy's auth keys to do it.
Which would make it possible to sign ANY cia file anyway. Including homebrew.

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
how hard do you think it is to fix a 3DS? It's not that hard m8. Also, 3rd party repair centers exist.

Which would make it possible to sign ANY cia file anyway. Including homebrew.
Well he made a big mistake sending it to nintedo then if there are third party repair.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night