Hacking Nintendont

Jimmy_Threecocks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if there's a forwarder for Nintendont that has networking enabled? I wanted to do LAN with my Wii and using the gamepad for the Wii U. I remember a while ago the forwarder would let you use the gamepad controls but networking wouldn't work. If I launch into the homebrew channel regularly then LAN works fine but obviously I can't use the gamepad then.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Does anyone know if there's a forwarder for Nintendont that has networking enabled? I wanted to do LAN with my Wii and using the gamepad for the Wii U. I remember a while ago the forwarder would let you use the gamepad controls but networking wouldn't work. If I launch into the homebrew channel regularly then LAN works fine but obviously I can't use the gamepad then.
the forwarder has nothing to do with it, im guessing its a flag that is set into the being a wiivc inject versus being a regular wii title.

Ouaz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Progressive Patch is meant for PAL60 mainly. It turns 480i into 480p - Force Progressive makes the game output 480p no matter what.

With Nintendont, only a few (good) 480i PAL games work in forced 480p, though.

Luigi's Mansion PAL can be forced to 480p (only if the 60Hz code is applied through cheats), Wind Waker PAL runs perfectly in forced 480p.

Metroid Prime 1 & 2 PAL do not work (black screen), nor any Resident Evil games (RE remake, Zero, and 4).
Mario Sunshine used to work in forced 480p until Nintendont 3.344, but not beyond.

Swiss can force any GC 480i PAL game to 480p, but I suspect it is 240p with doubled lines, when the game can't be "natively" forced to 480p (I compared Metroid Prime NTSC 480p, and Metroid Prime PAL forced to 480p with Swiss: it's not as crisp/fluid as the NTSC version, but still way better than the terrible PAL 480i - blurry as hell because of the Deflicker filter, which can't be disabled in 480i.)

This list is old, but I found it to be still in line with what I experienced with Nintendont 6.499 and original PAL discs.
https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Nintendont_Compatibility_List

Last edited by Ouaz,

Trip_Away

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Question:
I teleported bread.
There's a way to emulate a memory card in the second slot or emulate memory card in slot 1 and use real in slot 2? I want to visit a village in Animal Crossing and i dont had another memory card.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Question:
I teleported bread.
There's a way to emulate a memory card in the second slot or emulate memory card in slot 1 and use real in slot 2? I want to visit a village in Animal Crossing and i dont had another memory card.
no you either emulate memory card or not there is no mixed mod since memory card calls get emulated or not.

you can just dump your memory card on your wii , there is a wii app for that which i forgot the name, but you can dump it and then make 2 emulated memory cards.

Extrems

GameCube Wizard
Trophies
Website
www.extremscorner.org
XP
Country
Canada
Swiss can force any GC 480i PAL game to 480p, but I suspect it is 240p with doubled lines, when the game can't be "natively" forced to 480p (I compared Metroid Prime NTSC 480p, and Metroid Prime PAL forced to 480p with Swiss: it's not as crisp/fluid as the NTSC version, but still way better than the terrible PAL 480i - blurry as hell because of the Deflicker filter, which can't be disabled in 480i.)
We're unable to line double 240p or 480i, as evidenced by the 240p and 480i field rendered games staying in 240p or 480i.

HandsomeJack

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I overclock it on a PAL Wii U and there are a few games where five times overclocking does help. In particular, I progressive patch the PAL version of Gun which forces it into 480p. It then has really, really smooth frame rates.

Ouaz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
We're unable to line double 240p or 480i, as evidenced by the 240p and 480i field rendered games staying in 240p or 480i.
Oh, the Swiss dev himself. :shy:

So, this is true 480p.
When I force Metroid Prime PAL to 480p, it's like a "Sharpen" filter is heavily applied to the image (very noticeable on texts for example, that are noisy/jaggy), compared to the NTSC version where everything is as sharp, but smoother (hard to describe ^^)

I'll check again then (I'm on Wii btw, with original Nintendo Component Cable).

Last edited by Ouaz,

ghostserverd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey folks.

I just posted a new thread about fixing WiiUGamepadSlot for Nintendont in autoboot mode.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintend...iiugamepadslot-for-fun-and-not-profit.624808/

I'm hoping someone on this forum is either a maintainer of the Nintendont / nintendont-autoboot-forwarder projects or knows who might be able to review some PRs I opened to fix that feature.

Thanks for any help here!

TLDR

I have two PRs that will enable the WiiUGamepadSlot feature for injected / autoboot games with Nintendont. I'm sending out a flare to find whomever might be able to review those PRs so we can get this feature enabled for those who want to use it.

1. Nintendont PR is here

https://github.com/FIX94/Nintendont/pull/1054

• nintendont-autoboot-forwarder PR is here

https://github.com/FIX94/nintendont-autoboot-forwarder/pull/7

Then we can go about getting the injectors (TeconMoon's, UWUVCI, Wii U USB Helper) updated so everyone can configure their WiiUGamepadSlot to their heart's content.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/nintend...iiugamepadslot-for-fun-and-not-profit.624808/

Reactions: fate6 and ber71
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wrote a tutorial for it. It's specific to PSO, but you follow the process for any network game:
Ok, so I managed to fix this!!!! Step by step guide in case anyone runs into the same problem:
  1. First off, I deleted the version created by USB Helper (not sure if necessary, but I did it anyway). Then I used UWUVCI to create an injected version of the game instead, which also conveniently sets up Nintendont for you.
  2. Now the tricky part. You need a copy of the iso (could be any game probably) and put the game in the correct Nintendont format on your SD card.
  3. Now, go into Wii Menu, then Homebrew Channel, then launch Nintendont.
  4. Select SD card, then press B on the Wii Remote to go into the settings.
  5. Turn BBA Emulation to ON, then back out into the game selection menu.
  6. Launch your game. After it's loaded, restart the system and run your injected version of the game. Works perfectly.

Last edited by Subtle Demise,
Reactions: MG4M3R

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can't create what doesn't exist. If a game natively renders in a lower resolution, outputting a higher one can at most multiply the pixels without some really fancy - and probably slow - upscaling logic. (Or I suppose multiply the lines if we're using standard/enhanced definiton TV logic)

The fact that so many PS2 games natively output at 480 and 576i makes me feel better about my bedroom TV not liking the sync-on-green that the console uses for component over SCART. (that fancy European RGB connector whose existence was probably the only good thing the EU has ever done for anyone who isn't some big-shot WEF member)

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Chr0x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
In Open Shop Channel says that Nintendont updated to v6.500. That is true?
It just that I got lost during the post, and I dont know where is the source 😅 I want find.

KeinesR

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
one of the changes in the new nintendont version is "sanitize WiiUGamepadSlot if it is corrupted" anybody knows what this means?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
one of the changes in the new nintendont version is "sanitize WiiUGamepadSlot if it is corrupted" anybody knows what this means?
most injectors havent been updated which means they still see nintendont with only lets say 15 slots of settings instead of 16 so the wiiu gamepad slot setting was not being readed therefore this is to fix that issue, if its an old injector the wiiu gamepad slot will make the wiiu gamepad slot be instead of not being used at all.

Reactions: KeinesR

KeinesR

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
most injectors havent been updated which means they still see nintendont with only lets say 15 slots of settings instead of 16 so the wiiu gamepad slot setting was not being readed therefore this is to fix that issue, if its an old injector the wiiu gamepad slot will make the wiiu gamepad slot be instead of not being used at all.
many thanks

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really came up lucky b/c I had done some window shopping on Amazon this past Sunday and came across a Super Smash Bros themed GC controller Japanese import labeled "like new" condition for around $40 which I impulsively purchased since it was sold by Amazon Warehouse (due to it being a lot easier to make a return if I don't like it)... It arrived today in my mailbox (s/o to Prime) but when I took it out of the box, I saw that there was a nick on it, right below the D-Pad and on the "down" portion of the D-Pad which disappointed me so I called Amazon and was connected to an offshore rep who mentioned that he could compensate me a 20% refund for my troubles. After negotiating w/ him a/b a 50% refund instead, he was able to get it approved by his supervisor. So I got the controller for $20.90 in total instead. Man, I felt I got a really good deal today :)

nWcqsV3.jpg
I really love the one on the left with the flaming Smash logo, the Wii U GCN controller, pretty much. Much as I'd like to have that one, I went for the newer revision since it was cheaper (bought as a bundle and sold the game and etc, and kept the controller).

It's annoying that Nintendo keeps making the GCN every generation for a limited time and then it's hard to get them once they're sold out. At least for a decent price.

elk1007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really love the one on the left with the flaming Smash logo, the Wii U GCN controller, pretty much. Much as I'd like to have that one, I went for the newer revision since it was cheaper (bought as a bundle and sold the game and etc, and kept the controller).

It's annoying that Nintendo keeps making the GCN every generation for a limited time and then it's hard to get them once they're sold out. At least for a decent price.

Recently bought used "like new" joycon that had a divot carved out of the thumbstick.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

VareasXbox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So, i need some help with controllers:

For my Injected Cube and Nintendont games, i use a Wii Mote + Classic Controller Pro, which is fine for 80% of the games. But, games like Eternal Darkness, Luigi's Mansion, Sunshine and ESPECIALLY Rogue Squadron, the Classic Controller dont cut at all, since it lacks the analog shoulder buttons. For that, i want to use the Dual Shock 4, but i reall want to change the button layout, more especific the A and B button, swap its position (A is now X, B is O).

I know that you can change the controller.ini file whatever, but i dont have a single clue to how do that. Anyone who has done it, can you share the ini file?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That RG cube is starting to look like the better value price creep option
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a handheld gaming system with a tablet sized screen, like a 8 or10" screen, with controllers that can detach like the Switch.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @BigOnYa i was legitimately trying to scratch my leg, this is reminding me of that cylinder post
  • Scarlet @ Scarlet:
    I don't see the buzz about a square screen personally. I think there will be a review on the site within a few weeks though if you are interested.
    +1
  • Scarlet @ Scarlet:
    I've put down the money on the Odin 2 Mini since I just love that Vita form factor. Loved the power of the Odin 2 but the size always put me off, this one seems exactly what I've been wanting.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't care about the square screen it's just nice to hold something you don't have to stretch your arms a foots length
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All these things expecting to be super huge is overrated just run a type c cable to your TV if you want a big display or in my case screen mirror it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    On the go tho I meant, I use my 10" tablet and a Bluetooth controller for retro gaming while sitting on my porch or on long car rides sometimes. Easier on my eyes than the Switch screen.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My point is we already have enough shit with big displays having something pocketable with up to ps2 would be fine on the go
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken unless the games are made for that screen size most suck on a screen that size... Having a square screen and being brighter and higher res helps but it's not a cure all, text is tiny bullets are tiny, your.... Well lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can stretch to fit probably it's not all bad that they make it seem to be
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People always yap about oh but you loose pixels but yeah it won't look awful either
    I like filters :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Filters are why you don't go on 2nd dates
    Lol nahhh it's because I usually get what they want on the first date lol
    I swear if I hear "I don't usually do this on the first date" on more time... I am going to start counting
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought you McDonald's even tho you lied about your pics I still deserve this
    No no continue, I hear these things women say so often I decided to start counting
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I tried that new Pepsi lime it just taste like pepsi
  • DTApple @ DTApple:
    With lime, right?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just pepsi lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's D-Days 80th anniversary today
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I drink the Coke with lime all the time, in my Spiced rum (Captain Morgans) I hate pepsi
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I drink the Coke with lime all the time, in my Spiced rum (Captain Morgans) I hate pepsi