Hacking Nintendont

Winduss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey. Does anyone know if there's a proper workaround for having the microphone work correctly. It says in the FAQ that it does indeed work, and yes, connecting it after the game has started does work. But it seems like nobody has tested it further than that because in both Mario Party 6 and 7 it will just go to a black screen after a while of playing and the only way to have it continue is to disconnect the mic. When trying to reconnect it, it will not be recognised anymore and the Wii has to be softreset.

Is there a way to disable the 'debugger' (or checks it does) so that slot B functions like it should?

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for my noob question, but in the system requirements on page 1 it says we need the official unpatched IOS58. Where can I find more information about this? I'm using Wii U system version 5.5.2.
As long as you never modified IOS58 using a tool that does so then it should be stock. The Homebrew Channel in vWii uses IOS58 and if it's been modified then the screen will be upside down. Basically if you have never modded the vWii mode then it will be stock.

Reactions: NoobletCheese

pikangs

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well, I recently played MGS: Twin Snakes and I was able to beat Mantis with the controller swap method on WiiU (I used the GameCube controller adapter for Smash 4 and Ultimate) and a mix of GCN controllers and Wiimote with classic controller to emulate the controller swap and worked like a charm, I can't test using 4 Wiimotes with classic controller or any other not GCN controller combinations as I don't have enough controllers without the GCN Adapter, I used revision 6.490 of Nintendont in case you're wondering, oh, and I also tested the same stuff on a model 1 Wii (having native controllers disabled) and I got no issues.

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is there a way please to enter Nintendont menu to change some parameters? I have injected GC game installed into my Wii U HDD with autoboot.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Maybe I'm dumb and am completely missing something...but can you not actually use two USB devices at the same time with Nintendont?

For example, it's my impression that you cannot have the official Nintendo GameCube USB adapter and a USB hard drive plugged in at the same time. I tried doing this on my Wii and it only worked if I unplugged either device, though admittedly I'm using a 9-month old version of Nintendont as my Wii is currently in a "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" kind of setup.

I'll be honest, this is kind of the main reason I'm still using Devolution at all because it lets me have both a USB hard drive and and a USB controller/adapter plugged in at the same time, especially since I use the official GameCube USB adapter as an easy way to work as an extension cord for multiplayer sessions (because I have a bunch of USB extension cords). Similarly I'm able to use a wired Xbox 360 controller and a USB hard drive at the same time in Devolution, but AFAICT the Nintendont fork supporting wired 360 controllers has the same limitation of only supporting 1 USB device at a time.

Is everybody just using SD cards instead for GameCube games and are unplugging any USB drives whenever they want to run a GameCube game? But it was also my impression that you can only store Wii games on USB drives (I tried with an SD card a while ago and it just straight-up seemed unsupported), so having to do this USB unplug/plug-in shuffle just seems needless which is why I'm wondering if I'm not missing some sort of major solution here.

Similarly I'm guessing I'm the only one that wants to stick with a 2GB SD card for use with various Wii games that supports SD cards but doesn't support SDHC cards? (Brawl is the most well-known, but I'm particularly partial to my custom music soundtrack that I put together for Excite Truck which can only be done with a non-HC SD card).
no you cannot use 2 usb controllers at the same time, the way nintendont hid is coded you can only use one at a time plus bt controllers and wired controller(wii only) you can use a single usb adapter if it has more than one port like wiiugcadapter since that is considered a single hid controller.

its just how hid was coded and for all i can see the codding is a mess so i doubt anyone will change that tbh, most people just use wiiugcadapter or wiiupro/classic controller so they arent too bothered by the limitation tbh.

version 491 fixed the usb controller errors never seen an error with wii plus usb not working unless you have 2 usb hdds connected or two usb controllers connected nintendont only wants

1 usb hdd +1 usb controller
not 2 usbs hdd or 2 usb controller or any of the mix. 1-1 is the max, sometimes people can use 2 hdds but most of the time nintendont doesnt play nice with 2 hdds connected. update to 491 if you can.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have a ps3 and two new ds4 controllers when connecting to nintendon't none of them have rumble. I believe when I had a Wii my ps3 controller would have pressure sensitive triggers and rumble when using nintendon't. Got a Wii U just to get nintendon't and be able to play Star Fox Adventures again. Does anybody have the correct controller ini for either controllers or tell me how to get the value and I will try and do it?
i dont use any controller ini and my dualshock3 rumbles just fine on nintendont 491, be aware that if they are fakes/3rd party they probably wont have the same codding i guess, or diferent models too, since i think there is diferent dualshock3 controllers out there, mine works just fine.

I'm on Version 6.490

I have some USB Adapters I have tested, Don't work at all, I tried in Nintendont & In Games, Nothing

I have

USB to PS2 Adapter from China
USB to Genesis from RetroUSB
2.4 GHz Adapter from Retro-Bit
USB Bluetooth Dongle (Grey Color) from 8bitDo

I also have

SFC 30 Bluetooth Controller
M30 Bluetooth Genesis Controller
NES 30 Bluetooth Controller
Switch Pro Controller
first update to 491 and second unless someone made a controller ini for those adapters they wont work, nintendont doesnt magically guesses which buttons are which and so on, you need to make controller inis for them, you cant use any noone wii/wiiu official bt controllers since they arent recognized by nintendont since they werent coded in.

Does playing Majora's Mask in this have the same chances of freezing as in an actual GameCube?
depends on what made the original game crash, nintendont allows games more ram and clock speed, if it was because of an issue like this then it should be better, if it was simply just bad codding then it will have the exact same chances.

Is there a way please to enter Nintendont menu to change some parameters? I have injected GC game installed into my Wii U HDD with autoboot.
the only way i see it is to install a nintendont channel one that loads only nintendont and games from sd card instead of autoboot that way you cant start it and then change settings and start a random game from sd card to save those settings(you need to start a game to save settings changed) then exit and go to your autoboot game, nintendont the way its codded cant return to nintendont menu once games are started.

But doesn't Nintendo Wii U Pro not have pressure sensitive triggers?
no the wiiu pro controller only has digital triggers, you can do an half press by using L and zr or L+zl or something like that.

the only bt controller with pressure sensitive trigger is the original classic controller but its analogs just suck, i would go with wiiugcadapter plus official gc controller anyday, or wiiu pro controller if you dont want wires and the half press does exist, only 2 or 3 games even require pressure sensitive triggers tbh.

Hey. Does anyone know if there's a proper workaround for having the microphone work correctly. It says in the FAQ that it does indeed work, and yes, connecting it after the game has started does work. But it seems like nobody has tested it further than that because in both Mario Party 6 and 7 it will just go to a black screen after a while of playing and the only way to have it continue is to disconnect the mic. When trying to reconnect it, it will not be recognised anymore and the Wii has to be softreset.

Is there a way to disable the 'debugger' (or checks it does) so that slot B functions like it should?
the debugger is only active if you activate it in the settings, as long as you have everything turned off or auto it should work, many people have forced settings enable that make games crash further on even simple things like width and such.

but tbh i doubt anyone tested the microphone much longer than needed, nintendont doesnt debug slot b at all.

Last edited by pedro702,
Reactions: depaul

Winduss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
the debugger is only active if you activate it in the settings, as long as you have everything turned off or auto it should work, many people have forced settings enable that make games crash further on even simple things like width and such.

but tbh i doubt anyone tested the microphone much longer than needed, nintendont doesnt debug slot b at all.
Then why does the FAQ say that Slot B is used for debugging? The debug option seems to be turned off by default, so I'm at a loss of what to do. I already find it annoying that the mic can't be kept plugged in while not playing the game, but it locking up the game seems like more of a real serious issue...

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Then why does the FAQ say that Slot B is used for debugging? The debug option seems to be turned off by default, so I'm at a loss of what to do. I already find it annoying that the mic can't be kept plugged in while not playing the game, but it locking up the game seems like more of a real serious issue...
take a picture of your nintendont settings if you can

naruto020499

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no you cannot use 2 usb controllers at the same time, the way nintendont hid is coded you can only use one at a time plus bt controllers and wired controller(wii only) you can use a single usb adapter if it has more than one port like wiiugcadapter since that is considered a single hid controller.

its just how hid was coded and for all i can see the codding is a mess so i doubt anyone will change that tbh, most people just use wiiugcadapter or wiiupro/classic controller so they arent too bothered by the limitation tbh.

version 491 fixed the usb controller errors never seen an error with wii plus usb not working unless you have 2 usb hdds connected or two usb controllers connected nintendont only wants

1 usb hdd +1 usb controller
not 2 usbs hdd or 2 usb controller or any of the mix. 1-1 is the max, sometimes people can use 2 hdds but most of the time nintendont doesnt play nice with 2 hdds connected. update to 491 if you can.

i dont use any controller ini and my dualshock3 rumbles just fine on nintendont 491, be aware that if they are fakes/3rd party they probably wont have the same codding i guess, or diferent models too, since i think there is diferent dualshock3 controllers out there, mine works just fine.

first update to 491 and second unless someone made a controller ini for those adapters they wont work, nintendont doesnt magically guesses which buttons are which and so on, you need to make controller inis for them, you cant use any noone wii/wiiu official bt controllers since they arent recognized by nintendont since they werent coded in.

depends on what made the original game crash, nintendont allows games more ram and clock speed, if it was because of an issue like this then it should be better, if it was simply just bad codding then it will have the exact same chances.

the only way i see it is to install a nintendont channel one that loads only nintendont and games from sd card instead of autoboot that way you cant start it and then change settings and start a random game from sd card to save those settings(you need to start a game to save settings changed) then exit and go to your autoboot game, nintendont the way its codded cant return to nintendont menu once games are started.

no the wiiu pro controller only has digital triggers, you can do an half press by using L and zr or L+zl or something like that.

the only bt controller with pressure sensitive trigger is the original classic controller but its analogs just suck, i would go with wiiugcadapter plus official gc controller anyday, or wiiu pro controller if you dont want wires and the half press does exist, only 2 or 3 games even require pressure sensitive triggers tbh.

My ps3 controller is real I believe. It is the white one and has Sony on the front and back and has DUALSHOCK 3 and SIXAXIS on the top so I don't think it is third party or fake. If you can help in any way I would be grateful.
Model number: CECHZC2U
FCC ID: AK8CECHZC2
IC: 409B-CECHZC2

Last edited by naruto020499,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
My ps3 controller is real I believe. It is the white one and has Sony on the front and back and has DUALSHOCK 3 and SIXAXIS on the top so I don't think it is third party or fake. If you can help in any way I would be grateful. Model number: CECHZC2U
FCC ID: AK8CECHZC2
IC: 409B-CECHZC2
mine is CECHZC2E so its a different dualshock 3 model i guess, mine rumbles and works perfectly fine without a controller.ini if i let nintendont just take over since you dont need a controller.ini for supported controllers, since rumble is hardcoded into nintendont maybe that model either doesn't use the same codding to rumble or its a fake controller, if you didnt bought it new in an official retail store you cant know if its not a fake, there are so many fakes its very easy to get one, i had a fake one that looked like 100% genuine the only giveaway was when i opened it up it had a Chinese battery and some weird trigger mechanism compared to the official one.

see this post he had the exact same controller and turned out to be a fake one
https://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/334517/how-can-i-tell-if-a-ps3-controller-may-be-fake

take a picture of your reset hole button on the back if you can.

Last edited by pedro702,

naruto020499

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mine is CECHZC2E so its a different dualshock 3 model i guess, mine rumbles and works perfectly fine without a controller.ini if i let nintendont just take over since you dont need a controller.ini for supported controllers, since rumble is hardcoded into nintendont maybe that model either doesn't use the same codding to rumble or its a fake controller, if you didnt bought it new in an official retail store you cant know if its not a fake, there are so many fakes its very easy to get one, i had a fake one that looked like 100% genuine the only giveaway was when i opened it up it had a Chinese battery and some weird trigger mechanism compared to the official one.

see this post he had the exact same controller and turned out to be a fake one
https://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/334517/how-can-i-tell-if-a-ps3-controller-may-be-fake

take a picture of your reset hole button on the back if you can.
16132905051323514708824187995656.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right... +1