Non-english subforum?

Necron

Lurking~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hi, I don't know if this has been suggested before, but what about to create a subforum where we can talk in other languages. A topic for every language, so there we can learn more words or talk something else, but in our languages (mine=spanish). Also, that way the english-speaking users can also learn more languages!
So, what do you think about that?

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fst312 said:
that sounds like a good idea but wouldn't that kind of subforum be hard for a mod to maintain/control.
That's what I was thinking. There would have to a mod that speaks that language in order to moderate it.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just as soon as we have a Spanish subforum we have to find moderators fluent in Spanish.
Then the French speaking members will want their own. Same situation with the French-fluent mod.
Then the people who speak Dutch, Cantonese, Portuguese (because it's a different Spanish), Russian, Mandarin, and all of a sudden we need 72 new subforums and an army of people to watch over them.

I don't think it's going to happen.

NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

Now with extra redundancy!
Trophies
XP
Country
Vulpes Abnocto said:
Just as soon as we have a Spanish subforum we have to find moderators fluent in Spanish.
Then the French speaking members will want their own. Same situation with the French-fluent mod.
Then the people who speak Dutch, Cantonese, Portuguese (because it's a different Spanish), Russian, Mandarin, and all of a sudden we need 72 new subforums and an army of people to watch over them.

That.
Not a bad idea, but requires WAY too much work. Plus most people here use English as their native language anyway. Unless you can find some mad guy who knows every language on the planet. Or use Google translator. Both terrible options and not going to haapn.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
There are great spanish and other language speaking hacking forums such as technoconsolas. Now that GBAtemp is monetized and could be considered part of a media company it's not too far-fetched to suggest branching out into other language speaking boards, but IGN or Gamespot would have enough of a problem getting the staff for that.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
There's a Japanese thread in the EoF, but only a few people actually speak/write Japanese well enough to make serious posts in it.

But it's ok, because it's the EoF
tongue.gif

Necron

Lurking~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Vulpes Abnocto said:

Well, I didn't said that it should be spanish-only. Probably you can give mod powers to the OP to moderate just that thread?
unsure.gif
Don't know if it is possible.
And I probably I miswrote something, I was suggesting a subforum with only a thread for every language, not a full subforum for each language. But it seems that people dislike the idea.

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I'll be blunt, it's not going to happen. Reasons can be given as to why but those already mentioned should be sufficient.

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
inb4 "furry talk thread"

inb4 me ignoring it's existence like a redheaded step-child
Is that why you shaved your head? -_-

tpi.gif

...I think this idea is much better in theory than in execution though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :wub: