Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

SublimeAndEtc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ubersk8kid said:
So I updated to 4.0 legitly

I want to run my VC/WiiWare games off the SD card, but I can't because it says failure to launch.
Do I need to install just IOS60? or is that the IOS that I choose in WADmanager?
I have CIOS Rev 10 installed if that makes any difference.
I also dont have preloader, should I?

what do i simply need to do?
Answering this first since it's quick and easy... Yes, you just need to install IOS60 and your failure to launch error will vanish. If you can't put BootMii onto boot2, then you should go get preloader.

JDMEVOIXMR said:
I'm running 3.2U with HBC and Gamma Channel installed.

1. What do I need to do before I update 4.0?
2. Will I lose anything if I update to 4.0?
3. How do I update HBC?
Install BootMii to boot2 if you can. If you can't, then install it as an IOS and grab preloader. BACK UP YOUR NAND! You won't lose anything if you update properly. You can update to the latest HBC (1.0.3) through the new HackMii installer (v0.2). For tips on upgrading, find one of the million guides floating around this forum sub-section using the search function. There's probably enough info in this thread alone if you sort through it.

QUOTE(icedtea @ May 28 2009, 07:19 PM)
i have installed homebrew channel with the twilight hack. i am able to use the homebrew channel to install wads like DVDX and BackupLauncher0.3g but cant get them to run. all my wii does is restart. im running firmware 3.1U. i also have a friend who has the same setup and his is all working. thanks
You probably need to install some IOS files. Do you have cIOS36_rev10 installed? (8 or 9 should be fine too) I'm not too sure about 3.1, so you'll have to do some IOS research. On 4.0U I'm using 37, 38, 53, 55, 60, 61

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
clownz said:
ok...so i got the whole softmii thing on my wii...works great
i got the wiigator mios patcher and lauching from disc channel great
2 issues i am having now...
it appears even with preloader v29 using ios 30 and firmware 3.2u even though gamecube region free is selected multidisc game cube games not working if I mix NTSC and PAL..is it possible to make a multiboot disc with different region games like PAL/NTSC?
and second I have not been able to get any of the VC games installed to work at all. They all go to a black screen and if I hit the home button the options come up for controls/etc but I can never play the actual games.
update
the option below worked for me for NES VC Games, but not the SNES VC games
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/w...ound.jsp#neogeo
update: I was able to get SNES VC games working by a new wad install.
I did use the Wiiscu to update all IOS with the trucha bug including 60 and 61
if I used waninokos 4.0 fw updater is that going to make a diference for me?

Preloader hacks for 3.2 about region free.....none of them work.....and the GC Launcher is not able to patch them into the region you want, so...no solution there, sorry pal, the updater install the newest FW but instead of the official bug-fixed versions, it installs the oldest IOS version with the bug-unfixed, so you can run fake-signed code over any IOS, that is the difference...!!
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
i get a Big Black Screen with alot of numbers when i go on wad maneger too long installing wads, i cant stay in wad maneger more then 60 seconds before i get the big black screen of death! and i have to hold the power button just to turn it off!!!
help please some 1 send me a link to a guide for this or please explain what to do
thanks very much appriciated

You don't need a guide to install .wads, you need to get the app from another source, cause it is "code dumping" you, it means your .dol file doesn't work or it is corrupted (in most of times), get it from the Waninkoko's official site, or even better, lurk between WiiPowers topics and download and use the Wad Manager IOS selectable..!!
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
I'm having trouble installing one VC .wad app only and it is a newer released one. I'm running 3.2. It actually installs and the channel shows up on my system menu but when I start it the game just returns me right back to the system menu. Any ideas.
you don't have the necesary IOS to make it work OR it is an out of region game and it doesn't have the video output for your Wii..!!
smile.gif

After getting Boom Blox Bash Party, the Wii asks me to update to the latest firmware. Which I have been warned againt if I want to run homebrew.
So how can I play new games without updating?

If you are on 3.2 install preloader and enable the "Skip Disc Updates" hack, then install IOSes 38 - 53 - 55 and al of the newer games will work now..!!
smile.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
QUOTE said:
Would someone mind explaining the differences between...
cIOS Downgrader
IOS Downgrader
Firmware Downgrader
Thanks!

cIOS Downgrader is the first downgrader ever, and it is called cIOS because it needs a cIOS to work, it only install the sysmenu, required IOS, BC and MIOS.
IOS downgrader downloads trucha hackeable version of IOSes and install them, installs IOSes from 12 to 37
Firmware Downgrader is the same as cIOS downgrader, updated with the latest 4.0 and with the name changed so the people don't get confused with cIOS downgrade and IOS downgrade

...!!
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
esterday when pausing my homebrew channel it said IOS36 v.12.X (It was twelve point -something-) in the corner, after messing around with some modding today, it's now reading IOS36 v.4.18

Why has this happened and how to I go back, I'm assuming version 12 is better than 4.

Well I don't think you know exactly what it means, but it is just telling you that the HBC hangs or rely or works on IOS36, and if it is changed that means that you changed the version of the IOS36 on your NAND, that's all, nothing to be alarmed off, and it is going to be and function the same...!!
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
I have installed homebrew channel with the twilight hack. i am able to use the homebrew channel to install wads like DVDX and BackupLauncher0.3g but cant get them to run. all my wii does is restart. im running firmware 3.1U. i also have a friend who has the same setup and his is all working. thanks

DVDx is not a channel nor a .wad file, don't get confused, it is only a patch to enable the DVD-ROM reading by the Wii's drive, if you want to watch movies you need to use MPlayer_CE, the Gamma Backup launcher only needs to have a cIOS instaled to work (any between r7 to r10 will do) search the installer as cIOS36_r10 and use it to install the cIOS needed to make the Gamma launcher work OK, you will probably need to read a little bit on the "Wii Discution/backup launching section" of GBATemp...!!
smile.gif

I'm running 3.2U with HBC and Gamma Channel installed.

1. What do I need to do before I update 4.0?
2. Will I lose anything if I update to 4.0?
3. How do I update HBC?

1.Update the cIOS to r10 and use the ultimate guide to upgrade, search on the last page there is a link
2.Time
3.You need the HackMii installer v2, install bootmii as boot2 too if you can and make a backup before update, it can save your @$$..!!
smile.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Flameblade said:
When I try to do a variety of different things the Wii always comes up with 'Exception (DSI) occured!' and a code dump, and I have to restart the Wii. Up until now I've managed to find a way around it, but it's happening part-way through trying to install games with USB Loader, the percentage will freeze and the error will come up.

What is 'Exception (DSI) occured!' and how do I stop it from happening?

that error is caused by
A) you have an out-of-date app and pretty buggy, try to download the .dol again and check if there is a newer version, or try the best of all the USB loaders, the configurable by Oggzee
B) your cIOS is not preoperly installed, try to install it again

QUOTEo I updated to 4.0 legitly

I want to run my VC/WiiWare games off the SD card, but I can't because it says failure to launch.
Do I need to install just IOS60? or is that the IOS that I choose in WADmanager?
I have CIOS Rev 10 installed if that makes any difference.
I also dont have preloader, should I?

what do i simply need to do?

Did you use the IOS60 Installer that patches the IOS 60..??
huh.gif
, well I think you should read and check what you did wrong on the ultimate guide, a link is posted on the last page (189)..!!
smile.gif

icedtea

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
icedtea said:
i have installed homebrew channel with the twilight hack. i am able to use the homebrew channel to install wads like DVDX and BackupLauncher0.3g but cant get them to run. all my wii does is restart. im running firmware 3.1U. i also have a friend who has the same setup and his is all working. thanks
You probably need to install some IOS files. Do you have cIOS36_rev10 installed? (8 or 9 should be fine too) I'm not too sure about 3.1, so you'll have to do some IOS research. On 4.0U I'm using 37, 38, 53, 55, 60, 61

i have installed rev10 and im not sure how many IOS there are out there but i have put IOS53-64-v4113, IOS55-64-v4633, IOS38-64-v3609 on plus a few others that i cant seem to find as i post this.

ether2802 said:
I have installed homebrew channel with the twilight hack. i am able to use the homebrew channel to install wads like DVDX and BackupLauncher0.3g but cant get them to run. all my wii does is restart. im running firmware 3.1U. i also have a friend who has the same setup and his is all working. thanks

DVDx is not a channel nor a .wad file, don't get confused, it is only a patch to enable the DVD-ROM reading by the Wii's drive, if you want to watch movies you need to use MPlayer_CE, the Gamma Backup launcher only needs to have a cIOS instaled to work (any between r7 to r10 will do) search the installer as cIOS36_r10 and use it to install the cIOS needed to make the Gamma launcher work OK, you will probably need to read a little bit on the "Wii Discution/backup launching section" of GBATemp...!!
smile.gif

im trying to get anything to work that doesnt run through homebrew channel such as wad games or backup of wii games. i have installed gamma backup launcher cIOS36_r10 and every channel just restarts my wii cept the homebrew channel and all the default channels that comes with wii.

i have now upgraded to 3.2U and am looking to use starfall is this a good way to go. it is the last thing ive come across to fixing my problem

arek920

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I obtained a ios30-64-v1040.wad file and tried installing it in my wii, but it won't work. Every time I try, it keeps saying I have an error.

"-Installing title ()... Error! (ret = -1035)
-Removing tickets... Error! (view = 0, ret = -1017)
[*] ERROR: Could not install WAD! (ret = -1035)

"

My friend sent me a IOS51 wad a whie ago that he thought may fix the problem. Is this making the IOS30 wad not install? I think I messed up way more than I previously thought...

Sorry to post this again but I am still really stuck on this and I need some help badly. My wii can't access the internet because i didn't configure it to connect to my wifi before the bricking.

Am I totally screwed?

phrozenfeonix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
QUOTE said:
cIOS Downgrader
IOS Downgrader
Firmware Downgrader
Thanks!

cIOS Downgrader is the first downgrader ever, and it is called cIOS because it needs a cIOS to work, it only install the sysmenu, required IOS, BC and MIOS.
IOS downgrader downloads trucha hackeable version of IOSes and install them, installs IOSes from 12 to 37
Firmware Downgrader is the same as cIOS downgrader, updated with the latest 4.0 and with the name changed so the people don't get confused with cIOS downgrade and IOS downgrade

...!!
smile.gif

Is there any special order i should be installing these things if i want to say, downgrade from 3.4 to 3.2u?
Would it be best to go Firmware D/G, and then IOS D/G, or can i skip IOS D/G and cIOS D/G all together and just do a Firmware D/G?

Posts merged

ether2802 said:
cIOS Downgrader
IOS Downgrader
Firmware Downgrader
Thanks!

...!!
smile.gif

Is there any special order i should be installing these things if i want to say, downgrade from 3.4 to 3.2u?
Would it be best to go Firmware D/G, and then IOS D/G, or can i skip IOS D/G and cIOS D/G all together and just do a Firmware D/G?

SublimeAndEtc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vegeta said:
What IOS files do I need to run the latest games? I already have IOS 38, 53 & 55 installed. Any others?
60 and 61 are for launching WiiWare/VC games off the SD and the shop channel. If neither of those matter to you, then you should be set. I'm not having trouble playing some of the newest stuff out with that setup.

EDIT: I believe 37 is for RockBandish type games too if you're going to be playing those. Probably for the instrument support.

beefyd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
- I am currently running 3.2U, Originally 3.4U
- I used bannerbomb and bootmii to install HBC = no problem
- I used IOS Downgrader, Custom VM and Cios Downgrader to get to 3.2U = still no problems

However, I went to the "Safe 3.3 Upgrade" and did the "Yes" to IOS51, "Yes" to the Patch, and "No" to the Shop Channel.
Everything went well and said 'press any key'. Well, it had frozen to the point of unplugging the back.
Now, if I try to access the HBC, the screen goes blank and freezes. I've unplugged this thing more than I'd like to.

I feel I am SO close! What can I do to remedy the situation to get the HBC running again?

SublimeAndEtc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
beefyd said:
- I used IOS Downgrader, Custom VM and Cios Downgrader to get to 3.2U = still no problems

However, I went to the "Safe 3.3 Upgrade" and did the "Yes" to IOS51, "Yes" to the Patch, and "No" to the Shop Channel.
Everything went well and said 'press any key'. Well, it had frozen to the point of unplugging the back.
Now, if I try to access the HBC, the screen goes blank and freezes. I've unplugged this thing more than I'd like to.

I feel I am SO close! What can I do to remedy the situation to get the HBC running again?

erm... Use the NAND backup you (SHOULD HAVE) made before that happened. That's all I got =/

EddyWally

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
screwed said:
After getting Boom Blox Bash Party, the Wii asks me to update to the latest firmware. Which I have been warned againt if I want to run homebrew.
So how can I play new games without updating?
You can istall preloader to skip update checks.

megamaan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Noob question 2:

If I want to softmod my 4.0 Wii (downgrade and cIOS files etc.), can I first install Bootmii 0.2 to boot2? Then I could recover almost virgin Wii if necessary? Is there any disadvantages with this idea? Because I have been reading several softmod 4.0 guides, and I haven't found any guide with this option. Some recommend preloader 0.29 to be installed after all softmodding is completed.

nintendokim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
was wondering if my old wiid chip might interfere with the backup loader?

I keep getting the 324 error in the backup loader.
I have installed the latest cIOS rev10 succesfully and the backup loader seems to work fine.

Can anyone please share some thoughts on this.

thanks

hl23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HELP PLEASE

So I have a wii
with Wiikey works fine
Homebrew working fine

version 3.4 system

I turned my wii on when to homebrew it said there is an update I said ok install
but did not install the bootmii update

Now when I turn my wii on its fine
except when I turn the homebrew channel it does not come up screen just blank

for a few minutes
then I shut the wii of and decided let me stop and see the next steps

HELP i need my homebrew fix
Thanks

beefyd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SublimeAndEtc said:
beefyd said:

erm... Use the NAND backup you (SHOULD HAVE) made before that happened. That's all I got =/

Unfortunately, I just used Bootmii to install HBC. I didn't install Bootmii as an IOS. Therefore, no NAND backup. I guess it just wasn't meant to be... Thanks for the help, though! This is an awesome forum!

SublimeAndEtc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
megamaan said:
Noob question 2:

If I want to softmod my 4.0 Wii (downgrade and cIOS files etc.), can I first install Bootmii 0.2 to boot2? Then I could recover almost virgin Wii if necessary? Is there any disadvantages with this idea? Because I have been reading several softmod 4.0 guides, and I haven't found any guide with this option. Some recommend preloader 0.29 to be installed after all softmodding is completed.
Installing BootMii (to boot2 if possible) and making a backup of your NAND as soon as possible is advised. If you have BootMii on boot2, I don't think preloader has much use. If you have to install BootMii to an IOS, then you should definitely get Preloader.

hl23 said:
HELP PLEASE

So I have a wii
with Wiikey works fine
Homebrew working fine

version 3.4 system

I turned my wii on when to homebrew it said there is an update I said ok install
but did not install the bootmii update

Now when I turn my wii on its fine
except when I turn the homebrew channel it does not come up screen just blank

for a few minutes
then I shut the wii of and decided let me stop and see the next steps

HELP i need my homebrew fix
Thanks
Have you tried reinstalling HBC?

beefyd said:
SublimeAndEtc said:
QUOTE(beefyd @ May 29 2009, 01:36 AM)

Unfortunately, I just used Bootmii to install HBC. I didn't install Bootmii as an IOS. Therefore, no NAND backup. I guess it just wasn't meant to be... Thanks for the help, though! This is an awesome forum!
Sorry I don't know too much about your exact situation, but I'm sure there's something you can do. Have you tried downgrading IOS51 after doing your "Safe 3.3 Upgrade?"

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
icedtea said:
ether2802 said:
smile.gif

im trying to get anything to work that doesnt run through homebrew channel such as wad games or backup of wii games. i have installed gamma backup launcher cIOS36_r10 and every channel just restarts my wii cept the homebrew channel and all the default channels that comes with wii.

i have now upgraded to 3.2U and am looking to use starfall is this a good way to go. it is the last thing ive come across to fixing my problem

Use IOS downgrader and that should install all the IOS you may have missing, use preloader instead of starfall it is way beyond better..!!
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
I obtained a ios30-64-v1040.wad file and tried installing it in my wii, but it won't work. Every time I try, it keeps saying I have an error.

"-Installing title ()... Error! (ret = -1035)
-Removing tickets... Error! (view = 0, ret = -1017)
[*] ERROR: Could not install WAD! (ret = -1035)

"

My friend sent me a IOS51 wad a whie ago that he thought may fix the problem. Is this making the IOS30 wad not install? I think I messed up way more than I previously thought...

Sorry to post this again but I am still really stuck on this and I need some help badly. My wii can't access the internet because i didn't configure it to connect to my wifi before the bricking.
Am I totally screwed?

The IOS51 was for the WiiShop Channel on FW 3.4 it doesn't have anything to do with this issue, try using Firmware Downgrader to install FW 3.2 (EVEN IF YOU ALREADY HAVE IT) and then use IOS DOwngrader to finish the downgrade to a complete 3.2, post your results here when you're done, if you still get errors your cIOS may need a re-installation...!!
smile.gif

QUOTEWhat IOS files do I need to run the latest games? I already have IOS 38, 53 & 55 installed. Any others?
Nope, that is about it..!!
smile.gif

You only need to use:
FW D/G + IOS D/G
OR
cIOS D/G + IOS D/G

...!!
smile.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
beefyd said:

I think you ment "SAFE 3.4" cause IOS51 was used by the past Wii Shop Channel, delete thru the Wii's data management the HBC and reinstall it again, and run IOS and cIOS downgraders, you might want to stay at 3.2 better, just use WiiSCU v2 to update the Wii Shop Channel if you need to, 3.3 or 3.4 have no great feature for having them as FW, I really think even 4.0 is better than these ones..!!
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
Noob question 2:

I don't know.....can you..?? of course yo can, the HackMii installer can also install the HBC, why don't you install it at the same time as BootMii, ok..?? the guides should be just a reference of what you want to do, but no one cares to post pictures
wacko.gif
, begin installing HBC and bootmii (as boot2 if you can, if not then IOS would work), do a backup of your NAND and then install preloader .29, bootmii and preloader can be on the same console co-existing with no problems at all...!!
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
was wondering if my old wiid chip might interfere with the backup loader?

I keep getting the 324 error in the backup loader.
I have installed the latest cIOS rev10 succesfully and the backup loader seems to work fine.

Can anyone please share some thoughts on this.

thanks

324 means one of two things:

the cIOS (between r7 and r10) is not properly installed
You have a crappy media, buy sony, verbatim or tayo yunden (

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==