Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

dannyrand

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PLEASE DEAR GOD SOMEONE HELP ME!

I updated through nintendo to 4.0 today and got the newest version of the home brew channel(1.0.3). Before this the only thing I ever did was the twilight hack to get hbc on there and then ran the first gamma backup loader off my sd for burnt games. I also used wad installer to put some vc games on there.

Then i put mega man 9 on there and discovered i couldn't play it without getting a higher firmware, so i tired using some guide to move it to 3.2 or whatever. Did that and was able to play mega man, then i tired to get the dvd player to work but fucked shit up after that. I never fucked around with cios things and now i can't run anything from the homebrew channel. I can have apps on my sd card and scroll through them with the homebrew channel but when i click something and the red bar loads I then get a blank screen and nothing ever happens. I would really like to get the homebrew browser working. That seems like the best option for someone as stupid as me when it comes to this stuff, but all i really want to do is play burnt games again.

I also tried doing the downgrade ios thing, but when i put my sd card in and it asks if i want to load the dol/elf it also goes to a blank black screen and then the wii must be hard reset.

CaptainDreadful

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's the deal...
I downloaded Wii Sports Resort and Harry Potter (EU) and now I've got triple channels. I knew how to take remove them back when the Twilight Hack was still in effect, but it seems that, that method is useless nowadays. I don't have the Homebrew Channel installed, either. Can someone direct me to someplace that will show me how to remove these extra channels? I'm running the 4.0 system menu.

wobbler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just one quick question, can I play PAL games on my NTSC 4.0U Wii? If so, is there anything special I need to do (Assume that im using GX USB Loader).

djda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Barbados
wobbler said:
Just one quick question, can I play PAL games on my NTSC 4.0U Wii? If so, is there anything special I need to do (Assume that im using GX USB Loader).

No just put the pal game on the USB memory and then play it however in certain cases you may need to force ntsc or some other small things but it should not be a problem or that big of one.

djda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Barbados
Downloaderz said:
Alright I just bought a new Wii, checked the version and it's 3.4e. Ive searched the forums, but most threads mention the zelda hack. Is it possible to use bannerbomb to softmod instead? Anyone have the free time to guide me with modding? Thanks

Edit: Read that i should downgrade to 3.2, not sure why though. Can I just upgrade to 4.0 instead, any disadvantages to it? I dont have a copy of zelda with me, only wii sports/fit.

Successfully installed bannerbomb, homebrew channel, dvdx. What else should I be doing now?

Well what do you want out of your wii would you like to play games off usb? play emulators on it? theres a lot to do and most of them have guides but if you need help in a specific area just let someone know but before hand just do a little searching to see if you can find the solution yourself.

People also recomend insstalling BootMii and preloader to help prevent bricks so you can do that if you choose both have guide to get them working.

Reiniku

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I recently got back to using my Wii after a long span of tme where I simply wasn't playing games and feel severely out of the loop. It seems there's been a lot of really cool progress made and now you can even go as far as loading Wii games from an external HD.

A long time ago I downgraded from 3.4 (I think) using the "October 23rd Fix" posted here a while back to what my wii is claiming to be 3.3U. I loadedseveral VC and VC-injected titles and was a pretty happy camper for a long time.

Now I'd also like to take advantage of the USB Loading functionality the new firmware has to offer, without losing the ability to install VC Wads. Or more specifically, what's the ideal upgrade path I should take to not lose any of my current functionality and gain some of the new features?

djda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Barbados
Well first off you said you havent installed anything in a while so your best bet is to install IOS 38 53 and 55. These will help new games to work.

After your going to need to find a USB loader that you want (theres more than 10 different ones) and install a cIOS greater than 9 my preference is cIOS38 rev 12 but thats just me.

Get an HDD and a WBFS manager and format it to WBFS (can be done in WBFS manager) copy isos either on the computer or from previously burnt DVDS to the HDD.

Sorry this was brief but im kinda in a rush if you would like links to these things just ask and there are also guides to do most of these things and myself or someone else in the community would be happy to share the links with you. (Except for the wads those are not allowed on this site.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
djda said:
Well first off you said you havent installed anything in a while so your best bet is to install IOS 38 53 and 55. These will help new games to work.

After your going to need to find a USB loader that you want (theres more than 10 different ones) and install a cIOS greater than 9 my preference is cIOS38 rev 12 but thats just me.

Get an HDD and a WBFS manager and format it to WBFS (can be done in WBFS manager) copy isos either on the computer or from previously burnt DVDS to the HDD.

Sorry this was brief but im kinda in a rush if you would like links to these things just ask and there are also guides to do most of these things and myself or someone else in the community would be happy to share the links with you. (Except for the wads those are not allowed on this site.

IOSes 38-53-55 are only needed for disc games (legit copies or using a ModChip)..!!
wink2.gif

QUOTEI recently got back to using my Wii after a long span of tme where I simply wasn't playing games and feel severely out of the loop. It seems there's been a lot of really cool progress made and now you can even go as far as loading Wii games from an external HD.

A long time ago I downgraded from 3.4 (I think) using the "October 23rd Fix" posted here a while back to what my wii is claiming to be 3.3U. I loadedseveral VC and VC-injected titles and was a pretty happy camper for a long time.

Now I'd also like to take advantage of the USB Loading functionality the new firmware has to offer, without losing the ability to install VC Wads. Or more specifically, what's the ideal upgrade path I should take to not lose any of my current functionality and gain some of the new features?

First off, install bootmii and do a Backup of your NAND, downgrade to 3.2 and then install/do/use whatever app you want, doing so you will be able to beat ANY kind of brick...!!
wink.gif

WalkerOfTheDay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi there hopefully you guys can help me out here. After succesfully modding a few family members' Wii's
I stumbled upon a friends brand new LEF12 Wii. It has 3.4E installed.

After succesfully installing the Homebrew Channel using the Twilight Hack (obsolete I know
smile.gif
) I tried installing BootMii.
Installing as Boot2 was not possible, only IOS.

This should mean it's similar to a LU64+ Wii shouldn't it ??
The cBoot2 installation methods I came across on this forum all assume you have 4.0.

This one for instance.

Should I update to 4.0 first, or will this work on 3.4E too ?

Before taking the plunge I'd really like some confirmation of this working. I wouldn't want to
brick his Wii obviously. Too bad I cannot install preloader / Bootmii as Boot2 for some more safety.

Any help will be much appreciated...

rambi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently, i'm on 3.2U and just installed Ciso rev13b. I tried to launch the newer game on neogamma R6 but i got the error saying
"The Game disc could not be read. Refer to the wii operations manual for details" After hearing some advices, I over write ciso rev13b with rev ciso13a but i still get the same error?

Any kind soul out there could tell me what went wrong and what are the steps to remedy it.
Thanks in advance

maddk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Can anyone tell me if theres any website where i can download the japanese updates from?
thanks in advance.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
WalkerOfTheDay said:
Hi there hopefully you guys can help me out here. After succesfully modding a few family members' Wii's
I stumbled upon a friends brand new LEF12 Wii. It has 3.4E installed.

After succesfully installing the Homebrew Channel using the Twilight Hack (obsolete I know
smile.gif
) I tried installing BootMii.
Installing as Boot2 was not possible, only IOS.

This should mean it's similar to a LU64+ Wii shouldn't it ??
The cBoot2 installation methods I came across on this forum all assume you have 4.0.

This one for instance.

Should I update to 4.0 first, or will this work on 3.4E too ?

Before taking the plunge I'd really like some confirmation of this working. I wouldn't want to
brick his Wii obviously. Too bad I cannot install preloader / Bootmii as Boot2 for some more safety.

Any help will be much appreciated...

just install IOS16 and then use Wad Manager 1.4 or W/E gives you the option of chosing the IOS to work on, and install a cIOS in .wad format, there is no need to use the cBoot2 on a 3.4, cause you can simply install .wad files (IOS16 and any cIOS)...!!
wink.gif

QUOTE said:
Currently, i'm on 3.2U and just installed Ciso rev13b. I tried to launch the newer game on neogamma R6 but i got the error saying
"The Game disc could not be read. Refer to the wii operations manual for details" After hearing some advices, I over write ciso rev13b with rev ciso13a but i still get the same error?

Any kind soul out there could tell me what went wrong and what are the steps to remedy it.
Thanks in advance

If it is only a black screen with no number or anything, I'll say you didn't burn the .iso as ISO, or your discs DVD's are crappy, or something about media or burning, have you got any game to launch..?? wich DVD brand did you use..?? wich software are you using to burn...?? have you tryed other cIOS...?? did it got properly installed..?? no error appeared on the screen while the installation..??
huh.gif

Can anyone tell me if theres any website where i can download the japanese updates from?
thanks in advance.

No, there isn't, if you want to install a JAP update in your Wii, use AnyRegionChanger to set your Wii as JAP, and then update thru Wii's Settings..!!
smile.gif

flameo200

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been meaning to get a Wii for awhile, but never did. Over the last month I've been hearing about these USB loaders though, and am planning on buying a Wii (and Wii fit for the wife) in the next week or two.

I read some tutorials a few months ago, and some more recent ones. However, it feels like if I don't check every single week I'm completely out of the loop.

Since I'm planning on installing the Homebrew Channel, should I buy a new Wii or used? I'm assuming with either one I should avoid system updates. Also, what is the best way to install the Homebrew Channel? I know it used to involve the Twilight Hack, but apparently there's a way to do it without the game. I'm also interested in learning how to install WAD's and emulators.

Many thanks to anyone able to help me decipher the craziness that is the Wii homebrew scene
wacko.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
flameo200 said:
I've been meaning to get a Wii for awhile, but never did. Over the last month I've been hearing about these USB loaders though, and am planning on buying a Wii (and Wii fit for the wife) in the next week or two.

I read some tutorials a few months ago, and some more recent ones. However, it feels like if I don't check every single week I'm completely out of the loop.

Since I'm planning on installing the Homebrew Channel, should I buy a new Wii or used? I'm assuming with either one I should avoid system updates. Also, what is the best way to install the Homebrew Channel? I know it used to involve the Twilight Hack, but apparently there's a way to do it without the game. I'm also interested in learning how to install WAD's and emulators.

Many thanks to anyone able to help me decipher the craziness that is the Wii homebrew scene
wacko.gif

Well yes sometimes the scene have a big steps, but you should wait untill you have your Wii to start doing this, cause you might get outdated
laugh.gif

You don't need the twilight hack anymore (it involves you buying or getting a legit copy of Zelda TP), you can just use bannerbomb, wich both are just open back-doors to crash the system and use a ".dol" file (like the HackMii installer to install HBC), if you buy a new one you can do pretty much the same, but you wont get to install BootMii as Boot2 and you wont have a fallback against any brick, but you don't need it unless you are going to use dangerous apps, you would not be able to downgrade or you'll brick it, so going to 4.0 and install Preloader is going to be the best, once you get everything you want working, there wont be need to update anymore (unless "N" give us a really good reason
tongue.gif
), to install .wad files you need to install first a cIOS (if 3.4 is in your Wii, it's going to be easier to get it) and a tool called "Wad Manager 1.4", the emulators are in .dol format and they just have to be in your SD card, among with your ROMs to work, Eg.

SD:/apps/NES/boot.dol (the NES emulator)
SD:/snesgx/roms/ *.nes (the roms go here)

I sugest you to read a lot (and I really mean a lot) at wiibrew.org, you'll find every information about all of this (except Wad Manager cause they consider it an illegal tool)...!!
smile.gif

drivershigh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I've got a Wii running 3.4E, and the HBC (via the Bannerbomb exploit).
I want to update to 4.0E to use the shop channel and some of the other random Wii channels, can I just update via the Wii's System Update and retain HBC's functionality, or do I need to fiddle around with CIOS files etc?

bhorny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
Im trying to play some VC games. Ive updated to 4.0 and done the fix to install the .wads. The channels install fine but when go to run them i get an invalid format message on my tv. The wads. do say NTSC and USA which match my wii. I don't know what else to do... Any ideas??

AquaGod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't played my wii in ages. But recently Conduit came out and im very interested in it. My Wii's "Firmware" is very out of date (wiigator backup launcher 3.0). So I have an idea of what im doing. But i was wondering what is the best update to get in order to play Conduit smoothly.

Thanks.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
This might be a stupid question, but I've been looking via google and advanced search here to find it since yesterday, and it doesn't seem like it'd take too long to answer regardless, so here goes...

I am on firmware 4.0E, I've done countless cIOS down/up/sidegrades and followed even more guides, I have usbloadergx(haven't tried it since it needs a usb drive and I'm using the ones I have), wiigator's backup launcher(.3), and neogamma(r6), I got the smallest wii game my 2 minute search for one threw out, and burned Wii Music to a DVD-R using K3b(a linux forum mentioned they work fine if you use K3b and ignore the not iso9x error, but as usual they didn't give any other details since linux users are ... -swearword-'s)
So, I boot my wii, put in the dvd, it shows an update so I backup my NAND with bootmii and try it out.
When I updated, the wii disc channel showed the animation for wii music, but won't load it of course.
If I use neogamma or wiigator's bl it loads the wiistrap screen but then says "disc read error".

Sorry, turned out to be a bigger read than I thought it would be, but my question is:
What is the most likely problem here:
The dvd wasn't burned right, or I don't have a good enough cIOS.

The cIOS thing's pretty damn confusing.
On the dvd burning though, should I write them DAO or track at once?

Thanks!

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
drivershigh said:
Hi,

I've got a Wii running 3.4E, and the HBC (via the Bannerbomb exploit).
I want to update to 4.0E to use the shop channel and some of the other random Wii channels, can I just update via the Wii's System Update and retain HBC's functionality, or do I need to fiddle around with CIOS files etc?

You need to install a cIOS, and on 3.4 is easier to achieve this, after that, you can just use Wii's Settings (but you'll loose trucha bug needed for custom games thru Disc Channel only) and if you want to use homebrew channels, you need to use some patcher wich name I don't really know/remember cause I haven't used it nor plan on use it (3.2 here the best)...!!!
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
Hello,
Im trying to play some VC games. Ive updated to 4.0 and done the fix to install the .wads. The channels install fine but when go to run them i get an invalid format message on my tv. The wads. do say NTSC and USA which match my wii. I don't know what else to do... Any ideas??

You need to run some sort of patcher for the IOSes 60-61, I believe this is only for runing homebrew non-official channels, but I guess it also enables fakesigned channels, did you use the Waninkoko's updater..?? cause if you don't then you need to use it to have trucha bug in your system and being able to run fakesigned channels...!!
smile.gif

QUOTE said:
Haven't played my wii in ages. But recently Conduit came out and im very interested in it. My Wii's "Firmware" is very out of date (wiigator backup launcher 3.0). So I have an idea of what im doing. But i was wondering what is the best update to get in order to play Conduit smoothly.

Thanks.

If legit copy, install IOSes 38-53-55, use WUFE to extract the update partition from the game, and then use Wad Manager to install those IOSes, if backup then use NeoGamma Launcher and update your cIOS to r9 and +

This might be a stupid question, but I've been looking via google and advanced search here to find it since yesterday, and it doesn't seem like it'd take too long to answer regardless, so here goes...

I am on firmware 4.0E, I've done countless cIOS down/up/sidegrades and followed even more guides, I have usbloadergx(haven't tried it since it needs a usb drive and I'm using the ones I have), wiigator's backup launcher(.3), and neogamma(r6), I got the smallest wii game my 2 minute search for one threw out, and burned Wii Music to a DVD-R using K3b(a linux forum mentioned they work fine if you use K3b and ignore the not iso9x error, but as usual they didn't give any other details since linux users are ... -swearword-'s)
So, I boot my wii, put in the dvd, it shows an update so I backup my NAND with bootmii and try it out.
When I updated, the wii disc channel showed the animation for wii music, but won't load it of course.
If I use neogamma or wiigator's bl it loads the wiistrap screen but then says "disc read error".

Sorry, turned out to be a bigger read than I thought it would be, but my question is:
What is the most likely problem here:
The dvd wasn't burned right, or I don't have a good enough cIOS.

The cIOS thing's pretty damn confusing.
On the dvd burning though, should I write them DAO or track at once?

Thanks!

first off......install preloader to block updates from disc channel, you did a very dangerous thing here, and if the game show up in the disc channel that is because you have CIOScorp installed or did a reboot with Gamma launcher, and if the disc shows you that error it probably means you have a crappy shitty DVD, use Verbatim (taiwan ID: MCC004) or Sony (ID: D21) or Tayo Yuden (never used but they are the best apparently)...!!
smile.gif

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
hey ether,

I see that you answer many posts at the same time sometimes
Since only your first quote has a name, I'm guessing you copy and paste right?

Its way faster to use Multi-Quote
Just click all the "+Quote" buttons and then "Add Reply"
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean for 1st party routers iirc linksys use to support it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    ahhhh that I have no idea
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    pretty cool though if so
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or from what ive heard ways to set custom imgs for 1st party routers so locked down now days
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    OPNsense VM and specs and specs of system it's running on. https://imgur.com/a/S9wgGUD
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I've turned more features on in OPNsense lately and it's getting kind of high on RAM usage, I see. Probably bump that up to 4GB soon
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wanna make a 8core router with support for 20gbps doesn't even sound that silly lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I only have 1 gig internet but internally I have 10 gig connectivity for everything on my lan lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    fiber connection from my desktop PC back to my core network switch
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    2 port HPE SFP+ PCIE NIC in my desktop and all of my servers
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    silly shit
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    eventually this desktop is going to act as a server too, just for the hell of it. Because this PC is WAY fucking overkill for how little I use it.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    And once I do that, my desktop OS that I interact with is just going to be a virtual machine and use GPU passthrough to connect everything
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send it to me ffs
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    No because it's my desktop lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    The most use this PC is getting right now is 979 Chrome tabs open right now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    This is my desktop there are many like it but it is mine alone
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Enabled PPPoE on router now no wifi connection lul
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Anyone knows