Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whats the possibility of creating a patch for the original Wii to Mod a Pro Controller to be recognized as a Classic Controller
Pretty much none. You mean the Wii U Pro Controller, right? You'd have to probably mod the game itself and it'd be a game by game basis, having to make new code for every game. You might be able to do it on the IOS level, but that too would be a lot of work, if it's possible at all.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need to install a ton of WADs. Is there a way to install them to the SD card instead of the system memory? I can't remember, and I have been out of the Wii scene for a while now.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need to install a ton of WADs. Is there a way to install them to the SD card instead of the system memory? I can't remember, and I have been out of the Wii scene for a while now.
If you're using an EmuNAND, then sure. If not, no. Only the Wii menu can install them to the SD card in that way. You can only run them from the Wii menu as well. Well, it more of copies the one you want to run to the NAND then runs it, but you get the idea.

Saturngamer1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, hopefully someone here can help.

######Will updating my wii 4.3u to the latest software disable my softmod?########
I haven't used my wii pretty much since I got wii-u, I was trying to set it up for netflix tonight but it wants to do an update and it gives some message about unauthorized software detected, it may be disabled, do I want to continue? I am aware that 4.3 is the latest system version, and to clarify I'm not trying to upgrade to 4.3

I've been on 4.3u for a VERY long time and I assume this is a shop/netflix specific update. Should i do it or will it actually screw stuff up? I do have lego indiana and smash bros if I need to re-mod, but if anybody can shed some light on this, that would be great.

-Cheers

Last edited by Saturngamer1,

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, hopefully someone here can help.

######Will updating my wii 4.3u to the latest software disable my softmod?########
I haven't used my wii pretty much since I got wii-u, I was trying to set it up for netflix tonight but it wants to do an update and it gives some message about unauthorized software detected, it may be disabled, do I want to continue? I am aware that 4.3 is the latest system version, and to clarify I'm not trying to upgrade to 4.3

I've been on 4.3u for a VERY long time and I assume this is a shop/netflix specific update. Should i do it or will it actually screw stuff up? I do have lego indiana and smash bros if I need to re-mod, but if anybody can shed some light on this, that would be great.

-Cheers
It's probably just wanting to stub your cIOSs. If you set the cIOS to the highest version number, you don't have to worry about that.

zach_a_ary

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having an issue with usb loader gx. The old hard drive i was using was 300gb I believe and worked fine. It had multiple partitions and I could play all emulators. I bought a 2tb seagate expansion portable drive, model: SRD0NF1. I put the same exact set up on it and it will play all emulators except usb loader gx. It loads but will not display games. When I go to settings and custom paths it is set to where my games are and even shows them in the folders but will not display them. Then if I click on other buttons it just freezes. Does anyone know why it does this? Works fine on other drive just not my seagate 2tb.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having an issue with usb loader gx. The old hard drive i was using was 300gb I believe and worked fine. It had multiple partitions and I could play all emulators. I bought a 2tb seagate expansion portable drive, model: SRD0NF1. I put the same exact set up on it and it will play all emulators except usb loader gx. It loads but will not display games. When I go to settings and custom paths it is set to where my games are and even shows them in the folders but will not display them. Then if I click on other buttons it just freezes. Does anyone know why it does this? Works fine on other drive just not my seagate 2tb.
In the drive settings for USB Loader GX you need to select the partition the wbfs/ISO files are stored. Also, I'm not sure if USB Loader GX is compatible with GPT, so you might want to make sure your drive is using MBR.

zach_a_ary

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The partition table used by your drive.

I know nothing about that lol. I was just about to try what you told me a sec ago. I had to copy everything back over because earlier when I was stressed out I just reformatted the whole drive. This time I put only wiiware games on there. I got a white screen only. Next I put a gc game on there and for some reason no white screen. I then went to custom paths to make sure everything was right and it worked! But earlier i did the same thing and it wouldn't view the games. The only thing I've done since then was Reformat the drive. Sadly I do not have my wii isos with me or I would try the wii games but I will try that later

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's probably just wanting to stub your cIOSs. If you set the cIOS to the highest version number, you don't have to worry about that.

Netflix doesn't run under a cIOS and doesn't know about them. It's likely whatever IOS it is running under is an older version on his Wii.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Netflix doesn't run under a cIOS and doesn't know about them. It's likely whatever IOS it is running under is an older version on his Wii.
I was taking it that his Netflix program wanted to be updated. In order to update it, he was going through the eShop which wanted to setup one of those small "updates" that stub cIOSs in specific slots with lower version numbers. Though, now that I think about it, I don't think the eShop did that, only some Wii games ran from the licensed discs.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was taking it that his Netflix program wanted to be updated. In order to update it, he was going through the eShop which wanted to setup one of those small "updates" that stub cIOSs in specific slots with lower version numbers. Though, now that I think about it, I don't think the eShop did that, only some Wii games ran from the licensed discs.

Netflix doesn't stub anything on 4.3 that he said he's on. He needs to post a SysCheck report and better describe what he's experiencing. I've never heard or seen any screenshots of this "unauthorized software detected" issue. It's simply not how the Wii works. Either the IOS a title is running on is the right one or it's not. :/

NAND titles don't install system menu or IOS updates. Those are checked by the shop channel and it shouldn't work if what it wants is missing.

Last edited by GreyWolf,

eff me

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i hope im in the right place. i have a softmodded 4.3U its been modded for years with no issues. i recently tried to use dios mios because we wanted to put our gamecube games onto to our hard drive. total failure and nothing would work. tried reverting by using the cios in another tutorial but to still no avail. so right now we cant even play our gamecube games anymore. our drive is still disabled even after trying the tutorial to revert from dios mios. if any of you have any experience or can help, i would appreciate it. thanks

system

first gen wii (2006)
4.3U softmod
cfg usb loader v70
750gb hdd in wbfs format (with exfat partition for gc games)
all the usual homebrew stuff

You need to find a wad of mios v10 and install it just as you did dios mios. That should get your gamecube games working again. Then search for an app called nintendont and use that to play your gamecube backups. It's much better then dios mios plus it doesn't overwrite your mios so you still have the ability to play your actual gamecube discs.

ok so i did this but now something is funny. i can now play wii games in the normal drive, but it wont read gc games at all still. before the drive didnt work at all, now its only affecting gc games. im at a loss. if anyone has any idea, hopefully in simple to understand terms, i would really appreciate it. it sucks that its summer and my kids cant play their gc games anymore

draardvark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
quick question as i am very new to all this.
got a wii and used this guide:

to summarise i used letterbomb, then cSIO installer, then USBloaderGX
i have wii games on a ntfs hdd and everything is working fine.
but what is a good tutorial to follow to get gamecube games working?? there seem to be a few around and i'm a bit confused.
As i understand it i would have to partition my hdd with a fat32 partition for the gc games.
then what? nintendont, diosmios??
also i am using a component cable and i think i read something about gc games not supporting 480p - is this right?

thanks a lot

D

Deleted-379826

Is it possible to load games in a usb loader with an sd card? I also now flash drives dont work but do some?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV8dBxGdNxk