Hacking Not a n00b but feel like one - any help would be great

Madagasca

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys

I hope you can help me out here. As the topic says, I'm not exactly a n00b but certainly feel like one today. Here's the scenario:

My daughters DS Lite broke a few months ago and has stopped working so I bought her a 3DS yesterday. She loves her DS games from her previous console so I'm looking to see if the R4 card I have can function on the 3DS.

The R4 card is an original, but not an R4i - it's simply an R4 (for NDSL/NDS) - seems pretty obvious that the card isn't going to work due to incompatibility but you never know - someone may have found a solution.

So, do you think an R4 will work? If so, how can I get it to work? If not, do I need to buy another card? If so which one is the best card to buy?

Also, got a little excited about the Rydian Rom Loader but after reading through quite a lot of the thread, not sure if it's real - can anyone confirm?

Last but not least, the 3DS seems to be version 2.1.0-4E - would you recommend to update the firmware (not quite sure about this as I've seen 3.0.0.6 or something being bandied about in places).

Any links to guides would also help.

Thanks in advance

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A non" I " card will never work. Acekard 2i or Supercard DS2 are the best cards.

No disadvantage to upgrading firmware, plus you get 3d video recording.

Rydian was just annoyed that nobody ever bothers to read about how nothing plays 3ds roms.

Zerosuit connor

Baby I'm Back ♥
Trophies
XP
Country
There are 3Ds roms out there, just no cards that play them at the moment, you are probably better of getting an r4igold, Supercard Ds2, or an Acekard2i, these cards are updated to work on the 3Ds, play all Ds roms and are good quality.

Madagasca

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, thanks for the replies.

Think I'll opt for the supercard ds2 (or maybe the Acekard 2i). Heard good things about the supercard one but quite unsure about one other thing.

Do you need a DS (lite or whatever) in order to flash the card to perform an upgrade or something? Just wondering as the one we have is broken and wont work at all.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, thanks for the replies.

Think I'll opt for the supercard ds2 (or maybe the Acekard 2i). Heard good things about the supercard one but quite unsure about one other thing.

Do you need a DS (lite or whatever) in order to flash the card to perform an upgrade or something? Just wondering as the one we have is broken and wont work at all.
The SuperCard DSTwo is capable of updating, even if your cart is blocked by the 3ds and shows the error screen (it's all detailed on SCDS2's official english forum). Just make sure you follow the directions.

Unlike the SCDS2, the acekard 2i isn't able to update, unless it is fully operable on the system you are using to update.

Madagasca

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Excellent. Supercard ds two it is.

Now, to find a retailer that stocks it. Any one know of any stores in the UK?

Or, could you recommend a retailer that is trustworthy and sells genuine cards? Was going to order from xpertron .co.UK but their reviews have put me right off.

fojacko

Trophies
XP
Country
Excellent. Supercard ds two it is.

Now, to find a retailer that stocks it. Any one know of any stores in the UK?

Or, could you recommend a retailer that is trustworthy and sells genuine cards? Was going to order from xpertron .co.UK but their reviews have put me right off.
xpertron was fine for me, the dispatch did take a week, but then i ordered it on boxing day so what am i to expect, they probably had a lot of orders before mine...

Madagasca

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finally ordered one from leetmod.

Ordered it around 5pm on Monday and due to the time difference, it was shipped the same day at midday :D - bonus.

Should be here soon as added extra cost for quicker delivery.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UyxeZ7JYwZs&pp=ygUJVnIgaXMgZ2F5 +1